Instagram Phone Verification Bypass Explained
Instagram needs no introduction. It’s one of the leading social media platforms used by one billion people worldwide. Instagram is a significant part of people’s lives—we share where we travel, what we eat, and who we hang out with.
With so much information available online, more than 80% of Americans are concerned about the lack of privacy and control over their personal data. This is why more and more people are reluctant to reveal their phone number when registering on various online platforms, such as dating websites, social media, etc.
Find out how to skip using your phone to verify your Instagram account or any other apps and services.
Can I Open an Account and Bypass Instagram Phone Verification?
Yes, you can. If you want to create an Instagram account, you can sign up using one of the following:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Facebook account
During registration, you can simply choose a different option if you do not wish to share your phone number.
Instagram may ask you to add your phone number later. Many users have complained about Instagram blocking their accounts until they submit a phone number and enter a verification code because it “suspected some suspicious activity.”
Why Does Instagram Ask for Phone Verification?
Whether Instagram asks for your phone number upon registration or at a later time, the reasons for this could include:
- Keeping you and other users safe—Requesting a phone number makes registering and managing an account difficult for spammers and people who create multiple accounts
- Setting up two-factor authentication—This way, you can easily reset your password if you forget it or if you suspect someone hacked your account
- Verifying your identity—When you provide a phone number, you prove that you are a real person and not a robot
How To Bypass Instagram Phone Verification
People value their privacy and go to great lengths to avoid revealing their personal information whenever they can—and for good reason. In 2019, Instagram confirmed that a security issue exposed users’ accounts and their phone numbers. It would be prudent to familiarize yourself with different ways to bypass Instagram phone verification:
|Methods of Bypassing Instagram Phone Verification||Yes/No|
|Skip When Registering||Yes|
|Fake Phone Number Apps||Maybe (some of these apps could be blocked by Instagram)|
How To Skip Instagram Phone Verification When Registering
When you register on Instagram, you can choose Email or Facebook and skip linking your phone number to your Instagram account.
Here’s how to register with your email address on the app:
- Download Instagram from the App Store or Google Play
- Click on the app to open it once it’s installed
- Tap on Sign Up With Email or Phone Number if you have Android, or Create New Account if you have an iOS device
- Type in your email address
- Follow the prompts to create a username and password
- Click on Done
To create an Instagram account with your email on your computer, do the following:
- Go to Instagram’s website
- Click on Sign Up
- Enter your email address, full name, user name, and password
- Tap on Sign Up
If you don’t want to go through all of these steps, click on Log in With Facebook, instead of entering your email address.
Skipping Instagram verification is not a perfect solution because Instagram could ask for your phone number down the line, and you may not be able to skip it at that point. Luckily, there are other steps you can take to protect your privacy.
Buying a Burner Phone To Avoid Instagram Phone Verification
Movies and TV shows usually depict burner phones as a means for remaining untraceable or tools used by criminals and spies. More and more people in real life turn to buying burner phones to prevent the invasion of privacy and tracking for marketing and other purposes.
You can buy burner phones in many places, including:
The downside of burner phones is that you will end up with an additional device you probably won’t be using. You may keep receiving spam text messages and phone calls, even though it won’t be on your main phone.
DoNotPay—Instant Solution for Instagram Phone Number Verification
DoNotPay provides a fake phone number for you so that you don’t have to purchase a burner phone.
You can use DoNotPay’s temporary phone number to:
- Avoid robocalls
- Escape spam text messages
- Protect yourself from phone number leaks
- Bypass phone verification for many apps, services, or subscriptions
- Protect yourself from harassment and stalking on dating websites
Compared to other fake phone number apps that charge more than $50 a year and burner phones ranging from $20 to $100, DoNotPay is the most affordable option.
Similar apps typically give out only one burner number, whereas DoNotPay allows you to get multiple phone numbers. Not only can you obtain a risk-free phone number, but you can also enjoy other handy features DoNotPay has to offer, such as the virtual credit card generator.
How Does DoNotPay’s Fake Phone Number Work?
Follow these steps to create a temporary phone number and bypass Instagram phone verification:
- Visit DoNotPay in any web browser
- Choose the Burner Phone feature
- Enter Instagram when asked about the company or service
- Tap on Create a Temporary Number
- View the number DoNotPay instantly generated
- Click on View My Text Message
That’s it! Once you tap on the text message, you’ll see the verification code you can then use to verify your Instagram account.
That specific number is meant for one-time use only. It gets deactivated ten minutes after you receive the code. The reason behind this time limit is to ensure your privacy and block further spam messages.
Stay Protected With DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card
After DoNotPay asks you to enter the service for which you need a phone number, you also get the option to create a free virtual credit card.
DoNotPay’s virtual credit card includes randomly generated numbers that look like those on a real credit card. It is also linked to a fake user’s name and email address and has no funds. By using this card to sign up for different services, subscriptions, or free trials, companies cannot trace you or make you pay. When they attempt to charge this card, they won’t be able to. They’ll cancel the subscription themselves, and you won’t have to worry about revealing your credit card info or being charged without notice.
More of DoNotPay’s Nifty Guides and Solutions
Now that we have your Instagram phone verification sorted, you may want to declutter your life and get rid of administrative or legal issues. Learn about Instagram customer support hacks, the essentials of Instagram copyright, dealing with Instagram copyright infringement, or stopping your ex from stalking you.
We have even more in store for you! Open DoNotPay in your web browser and let the best virtual assistant help you next time you want to:
- Block text message spam
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Handle bills you are unable to pay
- Find and apply for clinical trials near you
- Request a refund and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Take people or companies to small claims court
- Make a DMV appointment in a jiffy
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Handle your credit card issues
- Demand a refund from any company
- Contest your speeding tickets
- Start free trials without any risks
- Free yourself from spam emails forever
- Cancel any of your subscriptions or memberships
- Overturn your traffic tickets
- Skip the phone queue when contacting customer service reps
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Fight your parking tickets
- Find any unclaimed funds under your name
- Get in touch with your loved ones in jail
- Sign up for other services without phone verification
- Find any unclaimed funds under your name