Is a Mobile Notary in NYC the Right Choice for You?
When you are in need of getting your documents notarized, you do not have to waste lots of time searching for a notary public, preparing documentation, and driving from one part of New York to the other. While a mobile notary in NYC can be a good solution to your lack of time and logistic issues, there’s an even more convenient notary service that you can use.
to get answers to your notary-related questions and get your documents notarized remotely.
What Does a Mobile Notary in NYC Notarize?
A mobile notary in NYC can notarize different legal documents and contracts, including some of the following:
- Escrow agreements and documents
- DMV documents
- Adoption papers
- School records
- Loan documents
- Powers of attorney
- Health care directives
- Passport and visa authentications
- Consent letters for minors to travel
Where Can You Meet With a Mobile Notary in NYC?
The greatest advantage of mobile notaries is that they can come to any suitable and sensible location that you agree on, such as:
- Nursing homes
Keep in mind that mobile notary fees are higher than the fees of regular notaries as traveling notaries charge for their commute and time.
A Mobile Notary in NYC for an Extra Fee
You can expect the following regular, in-office notary fees in New York:
- $0.75 for protests
- $2.00 for:
While these prices are common for regular notaries public, if you would like to hire a mobile notary in NYC, you will have to count on significantly higher fees. Here is a review of some travel fees:
|Holidays||$30 on top of weekend fees|
|During COVID-19||$30 on top of the travel fees|
|Bilingual mobile notary||$50 on top of the above-listed fees|
|Witness||$20 less than for a mobile notary (if a mobile notary brings a witness and the notary’s price is, for example, $100, you will have to pay $80 to the witness)|
The listed prices vary depending on the location where you would like a mobile notary to visit you. It means that it is not the same if you would like a notary to come to one of the airports, Manhattan (below or above 96th Street), or a suburban area.
Other Types of Notaries Public in New York City
Apart from mobile notaries, here are other available notaries you can choose from:
- Regular notaries notarize documents in person. To use their services, you will need to visit their office once you have set up an appointment
- Notary signing agents usually only handle loans documents and work for financial institutions
- Online notaries notarize your documents remotely via a live audio-video call
Where To Find a Notary Public
To look for a notary in the Upper East Side or any other part of New York or the USA, you can visit the following places:
- Law offices
- Credit unions
- Public libraries
- Real estate agents
- Offices of AAA or UPS
- Banks in your neighborhood—try Citibank, Bank of America, Huntington, or Wells Fargo
You can also use the following websites for your search:
- New York Department of State Licensee Name Search—Select Notary Public in the License Type drop-down menu
- 123notary.com—Type in New York City or the ZIP code in the search box
- American Society of Notaries—Enter the ZIP code and press GO
- Yelp—Type in Notary Services, Notary Public, or Notaries in the Find box and enter your location in the Near box
- American Association of Notaries—Type in the ZIP code or New York (City)
Need a 24-Hour Notary in NYC?
Some notaries public provide 24/7 notary services, which is convenient if you:
- Do not have enough time during the busy day
- Urgently need to get your documents notarized outside regular business hours
While lots of mobile notaries offer notarization all day (and night) long, you can end up with a hefty sum for their services.
Another option you can consider is to hire an online notary to perform remote online notarization regardless of the location and time. With these notaries, you do not have to worry about:
- High travel fees
- Risking your health since you do not need to be with a notary in the same room
- Getting to a notary’s office on time during rush hours as the appointment is online
to connect with an online notary quickly!
Rely on DoNotPay To Get Your Document Notarized in No Time!
You can schedule an appointment with an online notary public via DoNotPay!
How can you do this? and:
- Choose the Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload the document for notarization
- Provide your email address
We will send you an email with a link to book an appointment with an online notary.
At the agreed time, an online notary will witness and verify your signature and notarize your documents remotely. You will know the process is complete once the notary puts the signature and stamp on the document.
Facing Financial Issues? DoNotPay Can Take the Burden Off Your Shoulders
If you need to count pennies at the end of each month, DoNotPay is here to help you get a payment extension and pay your bills worry-free.
Prospective students who struggle to cover their university-related costs can also rely on DoNotPay to request a college application fee waiver.
Do you think that your property taxes are too high? Use our app to reduce your property tax bill as effortlessly as possible.
Get Rid of Spammers For Good!
Are spam texts and emails cluttering your inbox? DoNotPay has a few products you could benefit from! Rely on us and get rid of spam in less than two minutes. If shady robocalls are testing your patience, you can block them with our help and request robocall compensation right away.
To avoid providing your real phone number when signing up for online services, you should choose our Burner Phone feature and use the number we provide.
What Else Can DoNotPay Assist You With?
DoNotPay boasts many useful products that help millions of Americans handle their everyday hurdles in minutes.
Learn how to fight workplace discrimination through the same app!