Can You Get Your Documents Notarized Without Visiting an Illinois Notary?
Are you looking for an Illinois notary to notarize your will, affidavit, car title, or any other document? Visiting a notary’s office isn’t the only way to have your agreements notarized. Learn how to notarize any document stress-free without having to leave your home or office!
What Notarial Acts Is a Notary Public in Illinois Authorized To Perform?
Notaries in Illinois can perform these notarial acts:
- Witness the singing of the contracts
- Take acknowledgments
- Administer oaths and affirmations
- Take verifications upon oaths and affirmations
The duty of every notary public is to identify the signing parties by asking for their IDs. Once all parties sign the document, the notary needs to write a notarial statement, sign the document, and mark it with a stamp.
If the signers don’t appear before the notary or they don’t bring identification documents, the notary should reject notarizing the contract.
Illinois Notary Search—Where To Find an Illinois Notary
To find an available Illinois notary, you can:
- Google “Illinois notary public” or other similar phrases
- Visit the Notary Public Search page of the Illinois Secretary of State website
- Head over to one of the following institutions (most of them offer notary services):
Whichever option you choose, you should schedule an appointment with a notary in advance.
Ways To Have Your Documents Notarized in Illinois
If you need to get your documents notarized in Illinois, you can do so by choosing one of the following methods:
Have Your Contracts Notarized By
What To Keep in Mind
Visiting a Notary’s Office
|To have your documents notarized the traditional way, you need to follow these steps:
Most people dislike the traditional notarization process because it is usually tedious. In most cases, you’ll spend days getting your contracts notarized. If you make even the smallest mistake, you will have to schedule another appointment and repeat the process
Hiring a Mobile Notary
|Mobile notaries go from one place to another to perform notarial acts. You can choose to get your documents notarized in your home, office, or any other place||If you choose to hire a mobile notary, you will have to cover not only the standard notary service costs but also their traveling expenses|
Registering for Online Notary Service
|Online notary platforms provide the convenience of having your contracts notarized remotely from any device or location||Platforms usually charge up to $25 per document. This can be expensive when getting multiple documents notarized|
How Much Is a Notary Public in Illinois?
The state law allows Illinois notaries to charge $1 for every notarial act. The law doesn’t specify how much money mobile notaries can charge for the travel fee—the notary and the client should agree upon the amount.
The notary should tell you the exact price you have to pay for the notary services before you schedule an appointment.
DoNotPay—A Wallet-Friendly Online Notary App
Since all of the above-described options aren’t ideal, DoNotPay has decided to create the most convenient solution—the Notarize Any Document feature.
If you like the convenience of online notary apps, but you can’t afford to pay $25 for each document you get notarized, you’ll love DoNotPay’s feature.
We will help you get any document notarized virtually in under five minutes, and here’s how:
- Access the app
- Select our Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload your contract
- Provide your email address
- Click on the link that we email you and schedule a meeting
DoNotPay’s feature will connect you with online notaries that are available 24/7 so that you can get your documents notarized any day of the week. The notary will witness the signing of the document via a video call and verify your signature accordingly.
Learn How To Create Legal Documents in a Flash With DoNotPay
has created various features to make your administrative issues easier to solve. If you’re looking for the simplest way to create legal documents without breaking the bank, you’re in the right place. Our Legal Documents feature will assist you in drawing up documents in a snap.
To make the process even more efficient, we have integrated the Notary and Legal Documents features. This means that you’ll be able to write and get the contracts notarized by using the same app.
Here are some of the agreements you can write with our help:
- Estoppel Certificate
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Non-Compete Agreement
- General Affidavit
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Bill of Sale
- Child Custody
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Quitclaim Deed
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
- LLC Operating Rules Document
- Promissory Note
- General Business Contract
- Child Care Authorization Form
- Independent Contractor Agreement
DoNotPay Can Do Your Paperwork for You!
Feeling like you're in bureaucratic hell? Our app will draft the paperwork you need and get you out of any hurdle before you know it!
We can compose most of the documents that you require for any administrative purpose in your jurisdiction, most notably:
- Legal forms for the small claims court disputes in your state
- Court scripts so you don't get lost for words in front of the judge
- Parking ticket appeals
- Extension letters and fee waivers for your overdue bills
- Warranty claims
- Cease and desist letters for stalkers and harassers bolstered by applicable state and federal laws
- Dispute letters for chargebacks and refunds
- DMCA takedown notices
- Forgotten property claims
- College fee waiver applications
- Application emails for clinical trials in your area that boost your chances of enrollment
- Digitized letters for keeping in touch with your imprisoned loved ones that comply with the local prison practices
- Insurance claims
More of What We Can Do for You
Our multifaceted app can call and record the conversation with the customer service of the company that just won't let you go! If you are having trouble canceling an unwanted service via the traditional channels, use DoNotPay to get it over and done with!
We'll also lend a helping hand in stopping spam mail—whether it's electronic or paper. Our Spam Collector product unsubscribes you from unwanted emails and cleans up your physical mailbox too!