What Benefits Can You Have With a Google Temporary Phone Number?
Have you ever been worried about your privacy? A recent survey shows that about 80% of Americans are reluctant to leave their private information, including phone numbers to random companies. This is why they use burner phones and fake phone numbers.
Google uses private information for targeted advertising, which is why people want to keep their information safe and undisclosed. Google asks for your number when you’re creating an account so that they can send you a verification code via SMS. You can verify a Google account without a phone number, though—you can use a fake phone number app.
Google will ask for your number also when you sign up for Google Voice, which is a feature that enables you to create a burner number.
DoNotPay can help you generate a temporary phone number that you can use to verify your account on any service, including Google!
What Is a Temporary Google Phone Number?
Google offers a feature called Google Voice that enables the users to have a single virtual phone number that is connected with all the devices the user owns. This goes for mobile, desk, and work phones and also for VoIP lines.
With Google Voice, you can send free SMS, personalize voicemail, get text transcripts of your voicemail messages, and more. Once you sign up for Google Voice, you’ll be able to receive all phone calls to one number. The majority of Google Voice features are free, but some of them are available only with the paid subscription, such as call recording.
What Can You Use a Google Fake Phone Number For?
The downside of Google Voice is that you can’t protect your privacy from Google. Since your number is linked to your Google account, Google already has the majority of your private information.
Another downside of Google Voice is that it’s not a real temporary number—it doesn’t get deactivated on its own, and even when you delete it, it stays active for another 90 days.
Although Google Voice isn’t a real burner phone number, it comes with some great features. You can use Google Voice for:
- Routing calls
- Blocking calls
- Recording calls
- Messaging for free
- Making conference calls
- Switching devices during calls
- Listening to voicemails before you answer a call
- Customizing your phone number list (determining who can and can’t call you)
- Getting voicemail transcripts
- Getting notifications for voicemails over your email or a text message
- Calling from a PC to a phone
- Calling from a PC to a PC
- Having affordable international calls
How To Get a Fake Google Phone Number
You’ll need to have a Google account if you want to sign up for Google Voice. You’ll also need a U.S. phone number that can forward calls. Google Voice is available only in the U.S.
You can set up a Google Voice number on your:
- Mobile device
Setting up Temporary Phone Number With Google Voice on Your Computer
Follow these steps to set up Google Voice on your computer:
- Go to the Google Voice page
- Log in to Google
- Click on Continue
- Find your new number by city or area code
- Choose the number you want and tap on Select
- Follow Google’s further instructions
Google Voice doesn’t offer numbers that start with 1-800.
How To Set Up a Fake Phone Number on Google Using Your Mobile Device
To install Google Voice on your Android device, do the following:
- Download the Google Voice app and open it
- Log in to your Google account
- Scroll through the Terms of Service and click on Continue
- Tap on Search to find a suitable phone number
- Search for a number by area or city code
- Choose your number and click on Select
- Follow the further instructions Google gives you
With DoNotPay, You Can Have More Than One Temporary Number
DoNotPay offers a Burner Phone feature that enables you to get a temporary phone number. The number DoNotPay will generate for you is a one-time number, and it is active for 10 minutes. We will deactivate it after the 10 minutes are up.
We also enable our users to have multiple phone numbers during the course of one month. You can use DoNotPay’s temporary numbers for receiving texts with verification codes while still protecting your privacy and not becoming a target of robocalls and spam text messages.
To use our feature, open DoNotPay in your web browser, set up your account, and follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account
- Search for the Burner Phone feature
- Enter the name of the company you need your number for
- Click on Create a Temporary Number
After you complete these four steps, DoNotPay will generate your new temporary phone number. Type it in the field where the company requires a phone number to send a verification code. Wait for the text with the code and use it before the 10 minutes expire. Once the phone number is deactivated, your text messages and all phone history will be deleted permanently.
The best part about our feature is that it’s included in your subscription. Some companies charge $50 a year for a single temporary number, while DoNotPay doesn’t charge extra—we’re one of the most affordable services out there.
The Best Part About DoNotPay’s Fake Phone Number Is Its Versatility
Plenty of apps and services require phone number verification. While two-step authentication is a great way to ensure that nobody else can log into your account, you may not always feel comfortable giving something as private as your phone number to big corporations.
If you want to test out the service, but are reluctant to provide your actual phone number, you can use DoNotPay’s randomly generated phone number instead. Here are some instances in which DoNotPay can help you bypass phone verification:
Sign Up for Free Trials Without Risking Automatic Charges by Using Our Virtual Credit Card
DoNotPay has another awesome feature—the free virtual credit card. If you can’t remember which services you signed up for, and you constantly get charged after free trials, then our free trial card is the solution you need.
Virtual credit cards aren’t connected to your bank account, and they don’t contain any deposit. You can create them through a virtual credit card generator. They have a unique credit card number with an expiry date that seems valid to the vendor—this is why they get you instant approval on services.
Here’s how virtual credit cards stop the auto-renewal after the free trial expires:
- They get approved by the service because they seem authentic
- They contain no money, so the company can’t charge you
- The company will cancel your account automatically
Why DoNotPay Is the Best Personal Assistant You’ve Ever Had
Our app has a variety of features that, once you start using, you won’t be able to say goodbye to. We try to make your life easier every day. DoNotPay cares about your safety and rights. On top of that, we have an array of features that are going to save you some time and money.
Open our app in your web browser, and we will help you with:
- Protecting your privacy by using burner phones
- Postponing the deadline for bills you are unable to pay
- Enrolling in a variety of clinical trials
- Keeping in touch with your loved ones in prison
- Making an appointment with the DMV without waiting for days
- Disputing speeding citations
- Getting compensation for robocall scams
- Filing a claim in small claims court and winning
- Getting refunds and compensation from airline companies
- Fighting parking tickets
- Solving issues with credit cards
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Canceling any subscription or membership
- Learning how to protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from various companies
- Applying for free trials without revealing credit card info
- Filing a claim for any warranty
- Waiving college application fees
- Getting rid of spam emails for good
- Blocking spam text messages on Android and iPhone
- Appealing traffic citations
- Getting in touch with customer service agents in no time
- Fighting against copyright infringement