How To Block Spam Texts on Android and Get Compensation From Scammers
Spam text messages and spam email may be the worst kind of pests of the 21st century. What if you could eradicate them from your life? We’ll help you stop spam texts on your iPhone and Android, and even help you get compensation for the stress and inconvenience you went through.
What To Do When You Get a Spam Text on an Android Phone?
You get a text message on your phone, and it may not be immediately clear that it’s spam. Keep both eyes open for text messages that include:
- Commercial or marketing content
- Political text spam
- Information about schools or health centers
- Debt-collection information
- Fundraising-related content
- Malicious links to third-party websites
- The text filled with typos and grammar mistakes
- Requests for your private information—such as your credit card or Social Security number
- Request for payment in an urgent tone
- Information about you winning a prize
- Group text spam
If you realize that the message you got is spam, this is what you can do about it:
How to Block Spam Texts on Android by Yourself
Blocking spam texts on Android depends on the phone you’re using. Some devices have more options for blocking and filtering spammers. You can block spam messages on your Android phone in these four ways:
- Block individual phone numbers
- Report a spammer
- Filter out spam messages
- Filter out spammers via mobile carriers
Blocking Phone Numbers on Android
Every single phone has the option of blocking a number, and we’ve all used it at least once in our lives—either for harassing phone calls from an ex or for spam.
To block a phone number on your device, follow these simple steps:
- Open the text message
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Click on the Info button
- Select the phone number
- Click on Block This Caller
The only downside is that spammers switch phone numbers quickly, so the blocking doesn’t mean much. The scammer will probably send you spam texts from a different number again soon.
How To Report a Spammer on Android
Reporting a spammer via SMS is a different approach to blocking. You involve a third-party, such as your mobile carrier. To report a spam message, do as instructed below:
- Copy the spam text
- Send it to 7726 (SPAM)
- Your service provider—AT&T, Sprint, and others—will try to block any future messages
How To Filter Out Spammers on Android
You can stop all future spam messages on your phone through the Messages app—although this option is not available on all phones. This is how to turn on spam protection:
- Open your Messages app
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner
- Tap on Settings
- Select Spam Protection
- Turn on the Enable Spam Protection switch
This option will enable your phone to flag suspicious text messages.
Filtering Out Spam Texts via Service Providers
Most mobile carriers have their apps for blocking and filtering spam phone calls, but they can block the numbers that send spam messages too. The following table presents apps that service providers offer:
Spam Protection App
Stop Spam Texts on Android With DoNotPay
DoNotPay has your back when it comes to fighting spam messages. Not only will we help you unveil the people behind the scam, but we’ll help you get compensation.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and start the journey to your spam-free future by following these steps:
- Sign in to your DoNotPay account
- Click on the Robo Revenge feature
- Generate a virtual credit card for free
- Send your free virtual credit card information to the scammer when they ask for it
The scammer will try to draw your money, but they’ll fail spectacularly because DoNotPay’s virtual credit cards don’t contain any money.
The best part about DoNotPay is that it will disclose the identity of the person behind the scam and collect all their information, which you will use in small claims court as convincing evidence to get your revenge on them.
What App Can You Use To Block Spam Texts?
Third-party apps can be valuable allies in your war against spam text messages. Here are some of the most popular ones you might want to consider:
Prices start at $4.49/month
Prices start at $3.99/month
Prices start at $0.99/month
What Happens With Spam Text Messages That Come From Emails on Android?
What happens when there’s no phone number to block, and all you have as your spammer ID is an email address? Sending spam texts from email is illegal, and this legislation is enforced by the CAN-SPAM Act.
You can use the CAN-SPAM Act to your advantage in small claims court and file a lawsuit against any scammer who sent you unsolicited text messages via internet-to-phone technology. Your evidence will be admissible in court, and you can build a strong case. Let DoNotPay, an award-winning app, be of service to you and help you build a case. With us, you can sue Verizon and AT&T in small claims court.
DoNotPay Has Other Ways To Help You Get Your Money Back
DoNotPay is the app that can save you tons of money and help you gain lost money back. If you’ve answered a robocall and you want to fight back against it, we can help! With our amazing app, you can get compensation for your delayed flight—with United Airlines, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and many more.
All you need to do is open DoNotPay in your web browser and see what other administrative and legal issues our app can help you with. We offer support in:
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Earning money off robocalls
- Getting a refund or chargeback with any company
- Keeping your inbox spick and span from spam email
- Blocking spam texts
- Booking an appointment with the DMV
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Appealing parking tickets
- Managing bills you can't currently pay
- Reporting stalking and harassment and protecting yourself
- Terminating subscriptions or memberships
- Starting free trials without leaving credit card info
- Disputing traffic citations
- Solving your credit card issues
- Getting in touch with customer service reps without the wait
- Contesting speeding citations
- Applying for clinical trials in your area
- Protecting yourself against copyright infringement