A Breakdown of the Blue Nile Return Policy
If you are an online shopper, the chances are you’ve needed to return an item at least once. So many factors make returning an item unnecessarily complicated—small return windows, fee deductions, fine print, etc. Is the Blue Nile return policy the same? This guide will help you find out!
There is an alternative to navigating the Blue Nile return policy on your own—use DoNotPay to request a return and leave the hassle to us!
Blue Nile offers a standard 30-day return policy. If you can make sure the company receives the unwanted item within 30 days of purchase, you’ll get a refund.
You can return items that:
- Are not damaged
- Have all the product documentation
- Are in their original packaging
You can refuse to accept a package that reaches you in a damaged condition in the first place. Be sure to call Blue Nile at 1-800-242-2728 within five days of receiving the damaged package, and the company will give you a refund. If your returning item is damaged or lost during shipping, Blue Nile cannot be held responsible.
Most items can be returned to Blue Nile as long as the retailer receives the product before your 30 days are up. There are a few specific items that do not fall under the standard Blue Nile return policy, which include:
- Engraved jewelry
- Diamonds bought under the Blue Nile Diamond Upgrade Program
- Special orders
Although Blue Nile states that engraved jewelry cannot be returned, engraved rings can be exchanged or resized. You can also choose to have the engraving removed from your ring at no additional cost. As an exception, rings that contain a specific number of stones per finger size or are made of alternative metals cannot be resized.
Diamonds purchased with the Blue Nile Diamond Upgrade Program can only be exchanged.
Each customer is given two complimentary returns—the company will email you a free return label once your return request is processed. After those two free returns, Blue Nile will charge you a shipping fee.
Here’s how to initiate return requests with Blue Nile:
- Through the Blue Nile website
- Via phone
- By using DoNotPay
After you initiate a return request, Blue Nile will provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA), without which returns will not be accepted. You must write the RMA clearly on top of the box you plan to ship.
You can start your return through the Blue Nile website by clicking on one of the two following options:
- New Return—an item you purchased as the original cardholder
- Return Gift—a gifted item exchange for an electronic gift certificate
Requests for the following cannot be initiated online:
- Items priced over $2,000—bought individually or as a collection
- International returns
- Items that need to be replaced, exchanged, or repaired
- Products damaged after delivery
- Engraved items
To initiate a return request over the phone, call 1-800-242-2728 and talk to an operator. This number can also be used to start return requests for items that cannot be returned through requests on the website.
It takes roughly two to three business days for a returned item to reach Blue Nile, after which you should receive a confirmation within one or two days via email. Once the company receives your returned package, it takes an additional four to five working days to be processed.
You should receive a refund confirmation email within five working days after your return is processed, but depending on your card company, refunded amounts can take an additional seven days to reach you.
If you’re not willing to spend hours on the phone or online trying to put in a return request, DoNotPay has got your back! We will send out a custom return request letter on your behalf and include a deadline to make sure your request is processed swiftly.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to DoNotPay and find the Item Return Request feature
- Type in the details of your purchase
- Add pictures, if possible
In case you’ve surpassed Blue Nile’s two-complimentary returns policy, DoNotPay will get you a free return label so that you can ship your item back free of charge!
Is Blue Nile delaying your refund request? Get your money back by following these steps:
- Find the Chargeback Instantly feature in our app
- Select Get Protected
- Answer a few questions about your refund
- Sign and Submit
Return Items to Other Retailers Without Breaking a Sweat
Facing trouble returning items that didn’t live up to your expectations? DoNotPay can help you initiate return requests with multiple companies, including:
Have you been trying to contact the company you want to return your faulty item to with no success? No more—use DoNotPay’s nifty product to jump the phone queue of any company’s customer service line.
Waiting in any sort of line is dreadful, which is why we can also help you schedule a DMV appointment from the comfort of your home.
There are many more tiresome chores you no longer have to leave your bed to complete:
- Drawing up an ironclad standardized legal document
- Getting any document notarized remotely
- Mapping registered sex offenders
- Appealing parking tickets
- Faxing any document
- Getting a tourist visa
- Lowering your utility bills
- Getting gift card cash back
- Entering sweepstakes for free
- Getting access to any public record
- Sending a financial aid appeal letter to any school
Our app comes with a large selection of products—for one low monthly fee, you can use them all to complete dreadful admin tasks in a split second. Check out how you can:
- Earn off robocalls
- Create passport photos
- Sign up for a clinical trial
- Appeal banned accounts
- Fight workplace discrimination
- Create a child travel consent form
- File warranty and insurance claims
- Get rid of email and text spammers
- Submit an HR complaint anonymously
- Draw up a divorce settlement agreement