Banned From Twitter—A Guide To Get You Unbanned
Getting banned from Twitter is an unpleasant experience for any active and loyal user of the platform. Whether your account was suspended or you got banned from Twitter, sign up for DoNotPay! We are here to help you understand the reasons for getting banned, the types of bans and suspensions that Twitter enforces, and the process for filing an appeal in case of a suspended or banned account.
Your Twitter account can be banned due to numerous reasons—violating community guidance rules above all. Here are the most common examples of Twitter rules violations that will get you banned from the platform:
- Infringing on someone’s authenticity
- Jeopardizing someone’s safety
- Violating someone’s privacy
Note that Twitter may also temporarily suspend or lock your account under the suspicion that somebody is trying to hack it. In that case, you can expect your account to be restored as soon as Twitter eliminates the threat.
Sending other users spam mail to attract their attention or trying to initiate unwanted contact will get your Twitter account banned. The same is true if you try to manipulate the platform for your personal gain.
Here are some concrete examples of authenticity violations on Twitter
- Creating and operating multiple accounts to create fake engagement or boost the popularity of specific tweets
- Posting misleading content and sending messages that are disrupting other user’s experience
- Impersonating other people by using stolen photos or bios
- Using misleading profile information (such as fake location)
- Performing copyright and trademark violation
Abusive behavior that can cause your account to get suspended on Twitter includes:
- Sending threats to other users
- Promoting any sort of violence
- Promoting terrorism and hate crimes
- Sharing child pornography, nudity, and other forms of exploitation
- Promoting self-harm or suicide
- Posting and sharing any type of adult content
If you engage in such behavior, Twitter will put a temporary ban on your account. Using your account for harmful behavior even after warnings and a temporary ban will lead to getting your account permanently banned.
Twitter is unforgiving of users who are endangering other users’ privacy. Twitter will ban your account if you:
- Share private information about someone without their consent
- Threaten someone that you’ll expose personal information about them
- Offer a reward in exchange for someone’s personal information
- Share someone’s intimate photographs and videos without their consent
Twitter has strict rules about third-party advertising in videos and images. To avoid suspension, you should not upload, share, or post any type of visual content that includes a third-party advertisement.
Before Twitter decides to ban your account for good, it may enforce different types of suspensions to warn you. The severity of suspension typically depends on the severity and number of your offenses. Here are the types of suspensions you might have to face:
|Type of Suspension||Details|
If you believe Twitter made an error by banning your account, you can file a suspension appeal. To do that, you should:
- Log in to the banned account
- Enter the Appeal an account suspension or locked account page
- Fill out an appeal form
- Submit an appeal
After that, Twitter will determine whether the suspension was a mistake on the company’s part or not and potentially restore your profile.
Even though Twitter offers the possibility to appeal, you will probably have to wait for days and even weeks to receive an answer. To avoid that, enlist DoNotPay’s assistance. Our app will write a demand letter, putting legal pressure on Twitter to process your complaint faster.
To use DoNotPay, you should:
- Open your DoNotPay account
- Locate the Unban My Account product
- Enter Twitter
- Mark the date your account was banned
- Enter the reason for the account suspension
It will take a couple of minutes for our app to generate and send a personalized demand letter that requests Twitter to review and respond to your appeal.
If the company has already responded by refusing to unban your account, you will not be able to appeal again.
If you have suffered an account suspension on a particular gaming or social network platform—we will be glad to help. Check out our guides on how to get unbanned or unsuspended from any of the following platforms:
Whether you need help with drafting paperwork, searching through government databases, or managing your bills, DoNotPay has a feature that’ll make your life easier. The number of features keeps growing, and you can check out a table showcasing some of them:
|Solving Legal Issues||Saving Money||Protecting Privacy|
DoNotPay can take care of any daily hurdle you come across. For a small yearly subscription fee, you get access to various features that you’ll find handy on a daily basis. Besides everyday chores, signing up for DoNotPay will help get you:
- Free raffle tickets
- Chargebacks and refunds from various companies
- Practice tests for almost any exam
- Professional power of attorney documents