Everything You Need to Know When Your Nintendo Account Is Suspended
If you've learned that your , what can you do? A Nintendo account hold means you can't play with your friends online, your consoles and Switch can't receive updates, and you generally miss out on a lot of fun. When you're permanently banned, though, there's nothing you can really do. However, sometimes people are suspended for minor offenses that can be reversed by appealing to Nintendo.
The question is, how are you going to go about it? You can Jump through hoops to convince someone at Nintendo to cut you some slack or have a "virtual attorney" like DoNotPay advocate on your behalf.
Why Would Nintendo Suspend Your Account?
Video gaming isn't just for kids, and the major gaming platforms—including Microsoft's Xbox, and Sony's PlayStation—all use online access for their communities and downloadable content.
But Nintendo has done a fantastic job marketing itself as the most family-friendly brand, and therefore they go the extra mile to make sure their members follow the Nintendo of America Community Guidelines.
Violating the Community Guidelines is one way to get an account suspended, but there are other reasons why you could be locked out of your account:
- Content pirating
- Credit card fraud
- Chargebacks that raise red flags
- "Modding" or using custom firmware on your Switch
Of course, these are just a few of the reasons Nintendo could suspend or ban you from their platform. Hopefully, if it happens to you, they'll give you an explanation so you can make a solid appeal.
How to Get Your Nintendo Account Back: The DIY Way
The first thing you should do before appealing a Nintendo account suspension or ban is to get familiar with Nintendo's terms of service. This will give you a better understanding of what you did to earn the suspension, and what you can do to avoid penalties in the future.
Then, choose your method for contacting Nintendo, and follow these tips:
- Be polite. It's essential that you are kind and patient with Nintendo's representatives; they're just doing their job, and being angry or frustrated with them won't earn you any points. If you're interacting with them over chat or on the phone, you'd be amazed at how willing Nintendo people are to make you happy.
- Identify the issue. If you know what you did wrong, you want to address that rule as you make your apology. That will make it clear to Nintendo that you understand your error.
- If you don't know what you did wrong, ask. It's okay if you don't know what you did. Expressing a desire to know what you did wrong, when properly communicated, lets Nintendo know you care, unless it's obvious that what you did was intentional.
- Be professional. Keep your letter, chat, or phone call short and to the point, and avoid becoming emotional in your interactions with Nintendo. Try pretending you're a lawyer representing someone else. (Or, get a robot lawyer like DoNotPay!)
Below is Nintendo’s contact information if you need to reach out to them:
|Customer Service Number||(800) 895-1672|
|Mailing Address||Nintendo of America
4600 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
|Contact Form||Nintendo Support Page|
Let DoNotPay Get Your Nintendo Account Suspension Reversed the Easy Way
Why deal with chatbots, support tickets, and crossed fingers when you can let DoNotPay represent you to Nintendo? The outcome can be completely different when you have a legal team on your side. Sure, that might seem like an overkill but if you are serious about your gaming, it’s definitely not.
This is how easy it is to have DoNotPay step up on your behalf:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban Gaming Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
And that's all you have to do! DoNotPay will draft an appeal letter and send it directly to Nintendo. The demand letter will give them a 2-week deadline for them to respond. This ensures you’ll hear back from them sooner.
What DoNotPay Cannot Do
Unfortunately, you only get one chance to appeal if you're offered the opportunity in the first place. If Nintendo isn't satisfied with your letter, there's nothing more you (or DoNotPay) can do to get your account back. But isn't that another reason why you should let DoNotPay get it right the first time?
DoNotPay Can Help You Appeal Banned or Suspended Accounts on Any Platform
If you've been cut off from any other account, we can help you get back in. We've appealed to hundreds of companies on behalf of our customers, and we've written all about it! Here are some articles that might interest you:
What Else DoNotPay Can Do For You
Sure, we can from the dreaded "ban hammer", but that's not all we do! Need to fight a parking ticket? We've got you covered. Want to get your property taxes reduced? We have your back! We can meet almost any consumer-related challenge you throw our way, including these:
- Recover lost account passwords
- Increase your credit limit
- Get cash back from gift cards
- Lower your payday loans
- Get free dental care
Sign up with DoNotPay today and unlock an endless list of things you can accomplish with a few easy steps.