TikTok Banned Account—How To Get Your Profile Back
TikTok is an online platform where you can have loads of fun while expressing your creativity. That is why getting banned from this network feels lousy—even more so if you feel like you haven't done anything wrong.
If you think TikTok may have wronged you by suspending your account, we are here to help you. In this guide, you will find out why TikTok might have banned your account, what its community guidelines are, and how to write a demand letter to appeal its decision.
If you are worried about writing the demand letter correctly, do not stress about it. Sign up for DoNotPay and learn how to do it in a couple of clicks.
The reasons for having your TikTok account banned are numerous, and they are usually related to a violation of TikTok community guidelines. The most common reasons for TikTok account bans are:
- Illegal activities
- Hateful behavior
- Violent extremism
- Graphic content
- Dangerous acts, self-harm, and suicide
- Harassment and bullying of other users
- Exploitation of minors
- Nudity and sexually inappropriate behavior
- Integrity and authenticity violations
TikTok doesn’t allow the promotion of illegal activities, such as:
|Type of Illegal Activity||Things You Shouldn't Post|
|Frauds and scams||
|Weapons||Trade, promotion, or depiction of:
|Tobacco, alcohol, and drugs||
|Privacy and personal data||Violation of confidentiality of personally identifiable information or data|
Discrimination of any sort will result in TikTok account suspension. This app will not allow content that attacks or threatens other individuals or groups based on:
- Immigration status
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Gender identity
- Serious disease
TikTok also bans profiles with slurs, promotion of hateful ideology, and conspiracy theories that justify them.
Any type of violence and promotion of dangerous groups or individuals will result in a TikTok account suspension. To avoid this, your profile should not:
- Encourage other people to commit violence
- Depict or support dangerous individuals or terrorist and criminal organizations
TikTok will not allow any type of content that includes:
- Depiction of violent deaths, accidents, injuries, physical violence, or torture
- Depiction of unnatural death of animals, animal cruelty, and gore
Acts of self-harm or other dangerous acts are prohibited on TikTok, and the users are not allowed to post, share, upload, or stream:
- Suicide glorification, games or dares that lead to suicide, or suicide instructions
- Eating disorders, games, dares, and glorification of self-harm and eating disorders, as well as instructions on how to engage in such activities
- Usage of dangerous tools, objects, or vehicles
- Dangerous games or stunts
Harassment and bullying on TikTok also come with serious consequences. TikTok doesn’t tolerate:
- Degrading statements, humiliations, embarrassment, or intimidation of an individual
- Sexual harassment
- Doxxing, threats of hacking, and blackmail
The exploitation of minors is a pretty serious issue and a sensitive subject, and it should be prevented in any way possible. TikTok does that by prohibiting:
- Sexual exploitation of minors in any form
- Grooming behavior—Flattering the minor, requesting contact off and on the platform, asking for personal information, and making sexual solicitations or comments
- Harmful activities involving minors—Possession of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, as well as encouraging dangerous physical challenges
- Kidnaping, physical abuse, and neglect of minors
Whether it involves adults or minors, sexually inappropriate content and nudity go directly against the TikTok regulations. That includes abuse, sexual imagery, explicit language, and graphic depictions of sexual acts.
The most common reason for getting banned from TikTok is probably a violation of authenticity and integrity, such as:
|Type of Violation||Explanation|
|Fake engagement and spam||
|Violation of intellectual property||Violation of someone’s trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights—copying music, videos, and other original work without the permission of the author|
If you are looking for a way to unban your account, you can always file an appeal to reverse the original decision. In case your violation was a one-time incident, there is a good chance you will get your account back.
If you violate community guidelines repetitively, TikTok will ban your account and notify you about it. If you believe TikTok made a mistake and the ban was unjustified, here is what you can do:
- Find and open the notification
- Click on Appeal
- Follow further instructions TikTok provided
Once you initiate the appealing process, you will probably have to write a demand letter to request that TikTok reverse its decision. If you’ve never done that before, DoNotPay is here to help!
You will not have to trouble yourself with legal forms because our app will draft the demand letter instead of you. All you need to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Locate the Unban My Account feature
- Answer some basic questions
- Click on Sign and Submit
After that, DoNotPay will generate the demand letter to appeal TikTok’s original decision. With this letter, we will make sure that the company takes your request seriously and processes it within the set deadline.
Aside from TikTok, DoNotPay will support you while writing a demand letter to other companies as well. Our service covers these platforms and many more:
If you want an app that gets the job done, subscribe to DoNotPay! We have various features that can help you with almost anything—from canceling subscriptions and filing insurance claims to getting in touch with inmates!
It doesn't matter if you need help with bureaucracy issues or with everyday struggles because DoNotPay is your go-to app! We can help you:
- Protect your original work
- Get chargebacks and refunds
- Draft personalized legal documents
- Claim any missing money
- Request a refund for late delivery
- Fight for workplace discrimination
- Deal with annoying neighbors
- Get cash back for gift cards
- Prepare for almost any government test
- File FOIA requests
Have you been wronged by a company? Why not sue it in small claims court with our AI-based app? We can also help you claim any warranty or file an item return request in a few clicks! Trying to reach customer service representatives, but the phone keeps ringing? Your virtual assistant can help you jump the queue for any company in the blink of an eye!