Was Your Mixer Account Banned?
If you're a video game streamer or enjoy watching gaming streams, then you may have heard of Mixer. And, if your account has been banned, it can be frustrating when you're unable to watch your favorite streams. So, what can you do once your Mixer account has been banned?
DoNotPay can help you get all your accounts unbanned, but they cannot guarantee success. They can send a demand letter to the company, putting legal pressure on them to reconsider the ban on your account though.
What Is Mixer?
Mixer was an online streaming platform owned by Microsoft. It was primarily used to stream games online, but the site no longer exists. Formerly, it was part of Microsoft's Xbox gaming, but it was shut down on July 22nd, 2020, and was instead transferred to Facebook Gaming. It couldn't keep up with the platform known as Twitch, another popular streaming website for gamers.
Although Facebook Gaming is still around, as of January 1st, 2021, you cannot launch new WebGames on the platform, but you can still stream other games. Most streamers, however, have moved to Twitch.
What Are the Reasons for Getting Banned on Facebook Gaming?
There are a few reasons you might get banned from Facebook Gaming, most tied to the community guidelines set up by the platform, though a streamer can ban you from their stream for any reason.
You may get banned if:
- You promote hate speech.
- You have bullied or harassed anyone.
- You are promoting or sending sexual content through the platform.
- You are encouraging suicide, self-harm, or eating disorders.
- You are promoting illegal activity or participating in illegal activity on the platform.
- You post personal information (doxing) about someone without their consent.
- You have threatened someone.
- You are pretending to be someone else online.
Unfortunately, a streamer can ban you from their streams if they simply don't like you. Just be careful about what you're posting in chat rooms and don't harass the streamer for attention.
What to Do if You Get Banned From Facebook Gaming
If you're banned by a streamer, there isn't anything you can do to get unbanned from their streams. However, if you get banned from the platform entirely, you can try to appeal the ban. Sometimes people are banned without reason, and if you haven't done anything that violates the terms of service, you probably have a good chance of getting your account back.
To appeal your ban on Facebook Gaming:
- Before taking any further action, you'll have to request a review process on your content.
- You'll want to go to the Oversight Board on Facebook and request a review process if the first step didn't work. You can only appeal your account with the Oversight Board if your account wasn't unbanned the first time. Keep in mind that not all bans are eligible for an appeal. Even if you're eligible for an appeal, the Oversight Board may decline to review your account. After 15 days, you cannot request an appeal and you'll be unable to get your account back.
- If neither method works, consider going to DoNotPay for help. You may not get your account back, but at least they can make your chances better, especially if you haven't violated any rules of the platform.
How to Not Get Banned From Facebook Gaming
It's highly unlikely you'll be banned from Facebook Gaming if you follow their terms of service. Make sure to read those carefully so you don't accidentally do something the platform doesn't allow.
What not to do on Facebook Gaming:
- Don't harass others on the platform; this is never a good idea. If someone finds what you say offensive, then they can report you for harassment.
- Don't flood the chat. This is considered spam and a streamer can ban you from viewing their content.
- Don't promote your business, channel, or website. Facebook Gaming is not a place for solicitation.
- Don't use profanity. Some people may find this offensive and report you.
- Don't criticize people. This can also be considered harassment.
- Don't send lewd images or talk about anything inappropriate.
Be sure you aren't violating any copyright laws either. Stealing someone's work is illegal, and you can get in a lot of trouble for it. Someone might even sue you for it!
Get Your Facebook Gaming Account Back With DoNotPay
If you firmly believe you haven't done anything to violate Facebook Gaming's TOS, then DoNotPay may be able to help you get your account back. By putting legal pressure on the platform to review your account, you have a higher chance of getting unbanned. Keep in mind that DoNotPay cannot guarantee your account will be unbanned.
All you have to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account and locate the Unban My Account product.
- Answer a few questions related to your banned account.
- Click on the Sign and Submit button.
DoNotPay will generate a customized appeal letter in less than five minutes and send it directly to the company. It will contain a two-week deadline for the company to respond.
DoNotPay Works Across All Platforms
Not only can DoNotPay send a demand letter to Facebook Gaming, but it can also send a demand letter to just about any company. Again, they cannot guarantee you'll regain access, but legal pressure can go a long way.
DoNotPay can you get unbanned from:
And almost any other platform.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
That depends on what you need done. DoNotPay has a wide range of services that makes peoples’ lives easier, such as:
- Dealing with copyright protection issues
- Deleting accounts
- Reporting identity theft immediately
- Analyzing Terms of Services (TOS)
- Recovering account passwords
Whatever you need help with, DoNotPay can almost certainly help you get it done.