Texas Notarized Statement Explained
Every notarized document needs to include a notary statement, signature, and stamp to be valid. If you want to know how to notarize a document and get a Texas notarized statement the easy way, DoNotPay is here to help. Learn how to create your contracts and get them notarized in a few easy steps!
What Is a Notary Acknowledgment in Texas?
The acknowledgment—also called a notary statement—is a form of a notarial act performed upon document notarization. It proves that you:
- Appeared before the notary
- Were properly identified
- Were familiar with the contents of the contract
- Signed the document willingly
The notary public needs to write an acknowledgment certificate under your signature. The statement should record the following:
- Your name
- The location where the notarization took place
- The notary’s declaration that he or she performed the acknowledgment
- The notary signature and seal
How To Obtain a Notary Statement in Texas
The notary statement is a crucial part of every notarization process, and it includes the following steps:
- You show up in front of the notary
- The notary asks you for the ID to verify your identity
- You acknowledge that you know what you’re signing and that you’re doing it voluntarily
- You sign the document before the notary if you haven’t signed it in advance
The acknowledgment is the only notarial act where the signing parties are allowed to sign the document before coming to the notary’s office. The notary has the right to ask you to sign the document again if he or she wants to witness the signing.
Ways To Get Your Contracts Notarized in Texas
- Head over to a notary’s office, bank, UPS facility, AAA store, or any other place that employs notaries
- Schedule an appointment with a mobile notary
- Rely on one of the online notary services
- Sign up for DoNotPay
The common method of document notarization is rather lengthy. It requires you to find a notary, schedule an appointment, and bring all of your documents to the notary’s office, which can be time-consuming.
Hiring a traveling notary to notarize your documents in Texas can be a good solution if you’re okay with paying for the notary’s travel expenses. The mobile notary will come to the location you choose to take an acknowledgment or perform any other notarial act.
Online notary services enable you to get your contracts notarized remotely from your PC, tablet, or any other device. While more affordable than mobile notaries, online notary services are still costly since these platforms usually charge around $25 per notarized document.
DoNotPay Is The Most Efficient Way To Get Your Documents Notarized
Should you need help getting your documents notarized without paying an arm and a leg, DoNotPay has the most convenient solution. Our notarization feature enables you to have your contracts notarized online in Texas, Florida, Arizona, or any other American state. Here’s how you can use our feature to your advantage and get any document notarized in under five minutes:
- Open DoNotPay
- Pick our Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload your contract
- Provide your email address
- Open the email we send you and click on the link
Once you open the link, you’ll be able to schedule an appointment with a Texas notary who operates remotely. You’ll be connected with a notary via video call so that he or she can witness your signature and verify it. DoNotPay charges a subscription fee on a monthly basis for an unlimited number of notarizations.
Some of the states we can help you get your contracts notarized in are:
Learn How To Draw Up Legal Documents Effortlessly
Helping you get your documents notarized in a few clicks isn’t the only perk of . We can also assist you in drawing up legal documents without wasting money on a lawyer.
Our AI-powered feature creates professional documents in a matter of minutes based on your answers. Once you draw up your contract, you’ll be able to get it notarized through the same app and save a lot of time.
With us, you can write numerous contracts stress-free, including:
- LLC Operating Rules Document
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Bill of Sale
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Child Custody
- General Business Contract
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
- Child Care Authorization Form
- Estoppel Certificate
- Promissory Note
- General Affidavit
- Quitclaim Deed
How Much Is Document Notarization in Texas?
|Proof or Acknowledgment
|$6.00 for the first signature
$1.00 for every additional signature
|A Copy of a Record
|$0.50 per page
|Oath or Affirmation With Certificate and Seal
|$6.00 per certificate, oath, and seal + $0.50 per 100 words
|Protest for Nonacceptance or Nonpayment
|$4.00 register and seal
$1.00 for every notice of protest
$4.00 certificate and seal
$4.00 protesting in all other cases
|Other Lawful Notarial Acts
DoNotPay Can Do Your Paperwork for You!
Feeling like you're in bureaucratic hell? Our app will draft the paperwork you need and get you out of any hurdle before you know it!
We can compose most of the documents that you require for any administrative purpose in your jurisdiction, most notably:
- Legal forms for the small claims court disputes in your state
- Court scripts so you don't get lost for words in front of the judge
- Parking ticket appeals
- Extension letters and fee waivers for your overdue bills
- Warranty claims
- Cease and desist letters for stalkers and harassers bolstered by applicable state and federal laws
- Dispute letters for chargebacks and refunds
- DMCA takedown notices
- Forgotten property claims
- College fee waiver applications
- Application emails for clinical trials in your area that boost your chances of enrollment
- Digitized letters for keeping in touch with your imprisoned loved ones that comply with the local prison practices
- Insurance claims
More of What We Can Do for You
Our multifaceted app can call and record the conversation with the customer service of the company that just won't let you go! If you are having trouble canceling an unwanted service via the traditional channels, use DoNotPay to get it over and done with!
We'll also lend a helping hand in stopping spam mail—whether it's electronic or paper. Our Spam Collector product unsubscribes you from unwanted emails and cleans up your physical mailbox too!