Swappa Return Policy Explained—The Ultimate Guide
Swappa is a popular marketplace for gently used technology. All items sold on Swappa go through a listing review process to ensure they are usable and in good condition. If you received a device that isn’t working properly despite passing the review, you can rely on our Swappa return policy guide to learn how to send it back.
Being a user-to-user marketplace, Swappa allows sellers to outline their own return policies. They must comply with the general terms and conditions Swappa determines, such as:
- Buyers should be allowed to make returns if the items they received are not as described, and sellers should process the refund promptly
- Swappa will refund any sale fees to buyers if the sale is voided by a Swappa seller’s fault
- Sellers are not obligated to accept returns if the item the buyer received is the same as advertised
- Fees already charged by a Swappa seller will not be refunded if a buyer wants to return a product for no clear reason
- A seller should offer reimbursement in the value of a device or replace it for a similar one if an item becomes blacklisted and it isn’t the seller’s fault
Note that if you wish to return an item because of buyer’s remorse, the seller has no obligation to issue you a refund unless the return policy they set in place requires them to.
All sellers on Swappa can charge a restocking fee when you’re returning a properly working device that you don’t want. If the restocking fee wasn’t mentioned in the seller’s listing description, they can’t charge you.
There are two ways you can ask for a return on Swappa:
- Contact the seller
- Reach out to Swappa customer support
If you received an item that’s not as described or it doesn’t work properly, you can communicate directly with the seller by leaving a comment on the product page where you purchased your item. Sellers usually reply within 24 hours, while business sellers are given a full business day to follow up on your comment.
To avoid going back and forth with the seller, you should:
- Provide all requested documentation
- Attach photos of the products using the picture upload form on the sale page (if applicable)
- Inform the seller you want a refund if the product doesn’t meet your expectations
The seller should provide a return address, and it’s your responsibility to mail the product back with tracking and insurance. If the item you’re returning is in an unusable state, the seller will pay the return shipping costs. In case you’re returning the item due to disagreement in the condition of the device (e.g., excellent vs. poor), the return shipping costs are your responsibility.
When a seller doesn’t respond within the given timeframe, you can use the Help Form and send it to Swappa. Here’s what you need to do:
- Enter your email address
- Select what your issue is about from the dropdown menu
- Write a short message explaining how Swappa can help
- Attach the link to the sale page associated with your purchase
You can also contact Swappa by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let the company know that you need its assistance.
The return policies on Swappa vary from one seller to another, and it may take a lot of time for them to respond to your query. Emailing Swappa directly is easier, but there’s no way of knowing when you’ll hear back from it.
DoNotPay is the best option—we will set a deadline to ensure they process your request promptly and demand a refund or an exchange in your stead. To cut your expenses, we will provide you with a free return shipping label. All you have to do is sign up for DoNotPay and follow these three steps:
- Locate our Item Return Request feature
- Answer several questions and attach photos if needed
- Click on Submit
That’s it! You will immediately receive an email confirming that the request has been successfully submitted.
Need help returning items to other companies? Check out our knowledge base for more useful guides!
|Crate and Barrel||JCPenney|
You are entitled to a refund if the device you bought isn’t what you expected. It’s not unusual for customers to give up on getting their money back because of merchants taking too long or asking for additional documentation.
We ensure you won’t be one of the victims—sign up for DoNotPay and get what is rightfully yours in a few simple steps. All you have to do is:
- Navigate to the Chargeback Instantly product
- Respond to our chatbot’s questions
- Click on Sign and Submit
Aside from helping you send a return request to any company, DoNotPay can also assist you in getting a refund in a flash! We can also help you request a refund for any late, missing, or damaged delivery.
If you want to discover some forgotten assets you may have, we can help you find them in just a couple of minutes. With DoNotPay, you can both save money and earn it!
Once you sign up, you can report text and email spammers, annoying robocalls, and real-life stalkers and harassers and earn off them. We can also help you sue any company or individual in small claims court if you feel like they did you dirty.
The process of composing a return request letter is tiring, which is why you should turn to DoNotPay for help. Our app will assist you if you want to avoid similar bureaucratic hassles, such as:
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Skipping the customer service phone queue
- Drafting legal documents
- Getting documents notarized
- Claiming extended warranties
- Filing DMCA takedown notices
Sign up for DoNotPay to utilize all of our nifty products!