Reasons To Homeschool Your Child—DoNotPay Explains the Benefits of Teaching at Home
Homeschooling has been the subject of many debates for a long time. While some parents believe it’s a perfect solution for their children, others hesitate to embark on that journey for various reasons.
If you are confused by opposing opinions and cannot figure out if this method is acceptable for your kid, DoNotPay can help! In this article, we share the crucial reasons to homeschool your child and take control of their education. You will learn when and why parents usually opt for home-based education and what effect the change of the regular learning routine can have on homeschooled students.
By starting homeschool, you are taking your child out from the public or private school in your district and taking over the role of their teacher or learning coordinator. It means that:
- You will be fully responsible for your child’s future educational progress
- Most curricular activities will take place at home or other desired locations, except the group available activities offered by local public schools
- The classes must be organized according to the pre-purchased program or the curriculum you created
- The homeschool curriculum must include the core (mandatory) subjects proposed by the state law
- You can choose to teach your child yourself or hire another person with the necessary skills and experience
- The school authorities in your district must be aware that you are withdrawing your kid from the institution, whether it happens at the beginning or in the middle of the school year
- You must comb through local laws and inform yourself about the current homeschool requirements in your state
- Your child must complete the same number of school days per year—or school hours per day—as their peers in regular schools
- The upcoming homeschooling expenses will be your responsibility
In most cases, people decide to start homeschooling once their children’s ability to learn in traditional schools is compromised. These situations include but aren’t limited to:
- Learning disabilities
- Other special needs, such as autism
- Toxic and hostile school environment
- Strict travel schedules of young athletes
- Inability to attend school during relocation to another state or continent
- Miscommunication with other children that results in dangerous situations, such as bullying
- Dissatisfying education quality within standard public school programs
What’s so great about homeschooling? Why do so many people choose to give up their full-time jobs and become stay-at-home homeschooling parents? You can find the list of reasons in the following table:
Once you are positive that homeschooling is the right choice for you and your kid, it’s time to take the first step towards implementing your new educational routine. Here’s how:
- Send a letter of intent to homeschool to the superintendent of your school district. It should contain personal details, info about your child, and a description of the planned homeschool program. You can write it yourself or to generate one in minutes
- Learn about homeschooling every day. Search for additional info and use various resources, including:
- Video materials
- Audio materials
- Homeschool blogs and websites
You can also get in touch with local homeschool organizations and get valuable advice from other homeschooling parents
Does composing a letter of intent to homeschool seem too complicated with all other administrative tasks related to home-based education? We hear you—no one enjoys bureaucratic hassle. The notice of intent must contain precise information, and even tiny mistakes can cause problems with school authorities. It’s best to entrust the creation of your document to DoNotPay and let us draft it in less than five minutes!
- Go to Notice of Intent to Homeschool
- Choose your school district
- Complete a simple questionnaire about your family
As soon as we get more details from you, we will generate your notice and forward it to the correct address. You can also print and submit the document yourself.
Do you believe you may have some missing assets? Use DoNotPay’s nifty product before the government claims them! Have you ever wanted to enter sweepstakes without purchasing anything? Our app will sign you up for them quickly! Trying to figure out how to reduce your property taxes or utility bills? DoNotPay can show you the way. Want to avoid getting charged for free trials that never fail to auto-renew into paid subscriptions? We’ll help you cancel them before they expire.
Anything else you may need? Check out how our app can:
- Create legal documents, including marital settlement agreements and powers of attorney
- Jump the phone queue when reaching out to customer service
- Discover and apply you for no-essay scholarships
- Help you apply for any clinical trial hassle-free
- Help you contact government representatives
- File an item return request in your stead
- Draft a notice of intent to homeschool
- Get you a chargeback or refund
- Appeal any banned account
It doesn’t stop there—DoNotPay can help you send a defamation demand letter, create passport photos, get gift card cash back, get any document notarized, request access to public records, claim insurance and warranty, request a college application fee waiver, appeal parking tickets, and much more.
Sign up now to get access to any of our products for one low monthly fee!