Tips and Tricks for a Smooth Cerritos College Financial Aid Application Process
Cerritos College is a public community college established in 1955. This school has around 22,000 students who can choose between various degrees and certificates in 87 areas of study. The tuition for this community college may not be high ($1,346 in-state and $8,766 out-of-state), but you can still apply for Cerritos College financial aid.
DoNotPay guides you through the financial aid application process and helps you appeal underwhelming offers.
The Cerritos College Financial Aid Office is currently offering assistance to students remotely because of COVID-19. You can get in touch with financial aid advisors in the following ways:
- Via email—Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Over the phone—Call 562-860-2451 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. from Monday to Thursday and between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Fridays
- Via Zoom—Join a Zoom session from Monday to Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Cerritos College offers financial support in a few different forms. Take a look at the table below to see the types of aid you can apply for:
|Type of Aid||Brief Explanation||You Can Apply For|
|Grants||This type of aid is need-based and does not need to be repaid||
|Scholarships||“Gift aid” that can be both merit- and need-based||
|Loans||This is a form of financial aid that needs to be repaid with interest||
|Work-Study programs||The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program offers part-time jobs for students in need of financial assistance. The employment allows them to earn money for education expenses||
The type of support you get determines:
If you want to apply for financial aid available at Cerritos College, you need to follow the predetermined procedure within the set deadlines. These are the steps to take:
- Submit the:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—The FAFSA is a form available for all U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens. It will determine whether you qualify for financial aid. You must use the Cerritos College school code—00116—to submit it
- California Dream Act Application—If you are not a citizen or eligible non-citizen and qualify for AB 540 status (Cerritos College school code is 00116100)
- Complete your To Do List on MyCerritos—You need to finish all required Outstanding Financial Aid Tasks
- View your financial aid award
- Receive disbursement
You need to submit both the FAFSA and the California Dream Act form by March 2 to be considered for Cal Grant and Student Success Completion Grant.
Even if you follow the application process and respect the deadlines, Cerritos College can:
- Reject your application
- Offer an insufficient amount
You don’t have to sit still and accept the school’s decision—instead, file a financial aid appeal. If you don’t know how to write an appeal letter properly or don’t have time to do it, you can turn to DoNotPay for help!
DoNotPay can create a financial aid appeal letter for you if you follow these instructions:
- Choose the Appeal for More Financial Aid product
- Let us know about financial aid offers from all the universities you applied for
- Give us the essential information related to your family’s income and financial status
Our app will mail the financial aid appeal letter to Cerritos College in your stead.
DoNotPay can answer numerous financial aid related questions, including:
- How can you get more financial aid?
- How often do you need to apply for financial aid?
- Do you apply for financial support before or after acceptance?
- Is financial assistance available to part-time students?
- Do independent students get more financial aid?
- When will your financial aid award letter arrive?
- How does financial aid for graduate students work?
- Can you get financial assistance for summer classes?
- How can you get money for school without financial aid?
- What are the best excuses for a financial aid appeal?
You can check out what other schools have to offer when it comes to financial aid. Take a look at the table below to see the info on the most popular universities:
Did you manage to solve the issue with our app? If the answer is yes, you may also be interested in checking out other interesting features we offer. DoNotPay can help you:
|Get Rid of Spammers By||Deal With Uncooperative Merchants By||Get Help With Your Studies By|
Are you having a hard time drawing up a contract due to insufficient legal expertise? Say goodbye to failed drafts—DoNotPay can generate divorce settlement agreements, powers of attorney, child travel consent forms, and many other legal documents in under five minutes!