No More Buyer’s Remorse—A Guide to the Target Holiday Return Policy
Is the Target holiday return policy stressing you out? It’s difficult enough to find the right gift, and the last thing you want is that the recipient can’t return it later. That’s why we’ve created this easy guide to help you understand how the holiday return policy works.
If you’d prefer to streamline the process, you can use DoNotPay instead.
Target’s holiday return policy is essentially the same as its standard procedure for refunds and exchanges. The following conditions apply to any returned Target products:
- Unopened items in new condition are returnable within 90 days for refund or exchange
- Certain products may be subject to specific terms and exceptions as noted on the receipt or packing slip
- Items that have been opened, damaged, or lack a receipt may not qualify for an exchange or refund
The critical difference between Target’s year-round return policy and its holiday season procedure is the modification of timelines. The return window for electronics purchases made between October 1 and December 25 begins on December 26 instead of the date of purchase.
The Target holiday return policy offers two methods for returns:
- In Person
- By mail
You can return any unwanted purchases at the Guest Service counter at your local Target. Make sure you bring the following with you:
- The unopened and undamaged item
- Your receipt, packing slip, or order details page
You can also return your purchases by shipping them to Target. Follow these steps to do so:
- Contact Target Customer Service
- Request a free return shipping label
- Pack your items with the original receipt, packing slip, or a printout of the order confirmation email
- Drop off the parcel at a UPS or FedEx return access point
Yes—not all items are eligible. Purchases that fall under the following criteria may not qualify for a refund or exchange:
- Open or defective collector’s items
- Personalized merchandise
- Open electronic media (e.g., video games, DVDs, Blu-ray discs)
- Prepaid third party gift cards
Apple products (except mobile phones) have a 15-day return window. If purchased between October 1 and December 25, the clock starts ticking on December 26.
No—items purchased with a Target RedCard qualify for an additional 30 days on the return period. These products can be brought back up to 120 days from the original date of purchase.
You can still return an item even if you don’t have the original receipt. Follow these steps to do so:
- Visit the Guest Service counter at any Target location
- Bring the product in its original packaging
- Provide your purchase payment details
The Guest Service representative will look up your receipt and process your return. Online purchases may be returned using the order confirmation email in place of a receipt.
No—returned gifts can only be exchanged for a Target GiftCard in most cases. The following exceptions apply:
- In-store returns of gifts may not be processed on the same day
- Gift returns that lack a receipt may only qualify for a merchandise return card (valid for in-store purchases only)
No—the Target gift card return policy states that these items cannot be refunded. Furthermore, they cannot be exchanged for cash or credit except where required by law.
No—there is no specific Target Black Friday return policy. Items bought during a Black Friday sale are subject to the same terms and conditions as regular purchases.
The refund timeline depends on the method of payment you used to purchase the item:
|Payment Method||Processing Time|
|Credit card||1–3 days|
|Target RedCard||1–2 days|
|Cash or check||Immediately (in-person returns only)|
If you’re dreading the prospect of going through the procedures detailed above, the good news is that you don’t have to! You can hand off the entire process to DoNotPay by using our Item Return Request tool.
In addition to managing any communication with Target on your behalf, we also impose a response deadline to ensure you get a timely reply.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign in to DoNotPay
- Choose the Item Return Request tool
- Provide any necessary details about your purchase and upload a photo if necessary
- Submit your request
Need help with other major retailers’ return policies? Check out these easy-to-understand guides to save yourself some time and money:
|Wayfair||Guitar Center||Sam’s Club|
|eBay||Office Depot||American Eagle|
Our AI-driven app has a plethora of products that can help you save time and money. Once you sign up for DoNotPay, you will be able to:
- Reduce property taxes
- Get cash back on gift cards
- Put a stop to annoying robocalls
- Contact your loved one in prison
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Request access to public records
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Contact consulates and embassies
- Get rid of text and email spammers
- Request a refund from any company
There’s so much more to DoNotPay than filing return requests. With our app, you can cancel any membership, sign up for a free trial risk-free, get a virtual credit card, sign up for a clinical trial, map sex offenders in your area, and demand a refund from any airline.
If you want to reduce your property taxes, get help paying your bills, enter raffles and sweepstakes, find your unclaimed funds, or prepare for a government test, DoNotPay is the only solution you need!
Sign up today to access all of our products!