How To Perform a Fred Meyer Gift Card Exchange—Solved
What’s the best way to check the balance on the card you use for purchasing in this store? Is there a way to do a Fred Meyer gift card exchange if you don’t want to buy from this retailer anymore, and what options do you have? What are the other ways to use the remaining balance? There may be many dilemmas, but get all of them solved by reading our guide!
Fred Meyer doesn’t have company-specific gift cards. It’s one of the retailers covered by Kroger’s gift card program, along with other merchants such as Ralphs, JayC, Dillons, or City Market. This means that the only type of card you can use in Fred Meyer is the universal Kroger card.
Having this in mind, when inquiring about the remaining value on the gift card you want to spend in Fred Meyer, it must be done via Kroger’s:
- Online checker
- Customer care phone line
- Online email form
- In-store customer service
You can find more details and instructions in the table below:
If you don’t have time to wait for the customer support representatives to answer your query or aren’t too tech-savvy for online checks, DoNotPay can help. We will speed up the process and get an update on your balance without even asking you to enter your gift card details! Here’s how we can help you:
- and log in
- Search for the Check Gift Card Balance service
- Take snapshots of both sides of the card and submit them
- Disclose the email address to which we can send an update
We will reach out to Fred Meyer and come back to you as soon as possible with the requested info!
There are three ways to exchange the partially used Fred Meyer gift card:
- Trading it for another retailer’s gift card—Numerous web platforms offer to take your old gift card and let you choose another one from a different merchant in exchange. Another option is to visit well-known big-box retailers, such as Target or Walmart, and check if they accept other company’s gift cards in exchange for store credit
- Selling your gift card for cash—You can do this if you sign up for specific online platforms or at particular locations in the city. The bad news is that in most cases, you won’t get the entire amount left on your card
- Visiting a gift card exchange kiosk—This is a machine where you can insert your old gift card and get an instant cash offer for it. It usually accepts cards from most merchants
If none of the exchange methods seem too satisfying for you, you can:
- Return the gift card for cash—Some states (or more precisely, 11 states and Puerto Rico) have favorable gift card cash back policies. This means that companies at these locations are obliged by law to accept the gift card back and return your money upon request. This method typically doesn’t apply to free gift cards or the ones that were donated to you
- Use the rest of the credit the next time you visit Fred Meyer to get a discount—It may not make a huge difference, but at least your gift card funds won’t end up as unclaimed money
- Reload the card and keep using it—Kroger allows customers to add value to the universal gift card once their balance becomes low or the card gets exhausted. This will enable you to get a bigger discount once you decide to buy something from Fred Meyer in the future
- Donate the gift card—Try reaching out to some charities since they are always happy to accept such donations
- Give the gift card to someone—You don’t need to give the card to a specific organization if there’s a particular person—a friend or a relative—for whom this card would be useful
If you don’t want to take risks with online exchanges and want to get the entire remaining balance from your gift card in cash, DoNotPay is the way to go!
- Scan your gift card info
- Check the local statute to see if you can receive gift card cash back
- Generate a cash back request and submit it to the retailer
- Direct your claim to the merchant’s office at a location that allows cashouts if your state doesn’t approve this option
The best part is that we won’t need more than five minutes to ensure that your money is on its way back to you!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose Gift Card Cash Back
- Enter a few essential details related to your gift card
Not only do we help you with cashing out this retailer’s card, but we also offer to reach out to any other company, including:
Bureaucracy is a big part of our lives that we can’t escape. We understand the struggle over at DoNotPay—that’s why we’ve created various features that can help you out! The world’s first robot-lawyer app can assist you with:
- Faxing documents online
- Appealing parking tickets
- Accessing public records
- Scheduling DMV appointments
- Fighting discrimination in the workplace
- Getting documents notarized
- Getting gift card cash backs
- Reaching out to customer support
- Returning damaged or wrong items
- Creating various legal documents
- Getting copyright protection
- Paying your bills
DoNotPay’s number of handy features keeps growing by the day. Our platform can help you with various issues ranging from filing insurance claims to finding clinical trials. Want to save money on unused subscriptions? DoNotPay has got your back! We can help you cancel them and fight any subscription spam email that you get. Your AI assistant can also get you free raffle tickets or find any missing money in no time!
With DoNotPay, you’ll have access to countless features that grow in numbers by the day! You’ll be able to block robocalls, deal with tedious neighbors, and much more!