A Step-By-Step Guide to Getting a UCLA Application Fee Waiver
The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is one of the most applied-to universities in the U.S. It is one of the best public universities in the U.S., and it offers more than 300 undergraduate and graduate programs.
What Is the Application Fee for UCLA?
American students who wish to apply to UCLA undergraduate programs need to pay $70 for the application fee. International and non-immigrant candidates have to pay $80.
Grad school application fee for American citizens and permanent residents is $120, while other candidates need to pay $140.
The application fee for the following grad programs is $200:
- Global Executive MBA for Asia Pacific
- Master of Financial Engineering
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
Why Do You Need a UCLA Application Fee Waiver?
While UCLA’s undergraduate application fee isn’t too expensive, the overall university costs can add up quickly. Students in a difficult financial situation will appreciate obtaining a fee waiver if they want to apply to multiple undergrad or grad schools. Even though some colleges don’t charge the application fee, higher education is super expensive.
Besides having to pay for college fees, you’ll have to spend a significant amount of money on other university-related expenses, such as:
Grad students also have to spend hundreds of dollars on application fees, Graduate Record Exams (GRE), and standardized tests for the school they’re interested in, including:
- Law School Admission Tests (LSAT)
- Dental Admission Tests (DAT)
- Medical College Admission Tests (MCAT)
The best schools in the U.S. charge a lot for the application:
|Undergrad School Application Fee
|Grad School Application Fee
|University of California, Berkeley
How To Request a UCLA Fee Waiver
The University of California, Los Angeles grants fee waivers for applying to up to four campuses. If you want to apply to more than four UCLA campuses, you’ll have to pay the regular application fee ($70) for every additional application.
You can request a UCLA fee waiver in two ways:
- Using the UCLA platform
- Obtaining a College Board/SAT fee waiver
How To Get a Fee Waiver on the UCLA Website
If you want to obtain a UCLA fee waiver using the UCLA platform, you should follow these steps:
- Log in to your UCLA account
- Start an application
- Type in your family size and income in the About You section
- Select the Campuses and Majors section to see if you qualify for the fee waiver
- Complete the rest of the application
To be granted a fee waiver, students need to be U.S. residents, have permanent residence, or be eligible for AB540 benefits. The following student categories qualify for the benefits:
- Students who attended a California high school for at least three years
- Candidates who graduated from a California high school
- Applicants who submit a written statement to a California public university they’re interested in
How To Get an SAT Fee Waiver
UCLA allows students who received the SAT fee waiver to apply for free. You should visit your guidance counselor’s office and ask him or her to give you the College Board fee waiver form. The counselor should also help you complete the form and check if you’re eligible to get a fee waiver according to the College Board requirements.
To receive the SAT fee waiver, you should:
- Come from a low-income family
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Receive state, federal, or local financial aid
- Live in a foster home
- Be an orphan, homeless, or a ward of the state
The College Board fee waiver will not only cover your UCLA application but also:
- Two SATs
- Six SAT Subject Tests
- Score reports for colleges
- Late registration fees
Learn About a UCLA Graduate Application Fee Waiver
UCLA grants need-based and program-based fee waivers for the graduate schools that charge $120 for the application fee.
|Need-Based Fee Waivers
|Program-Based Fee Waivers
|The following student categories are eligible to get a need-based fee waiver:
|If you participate in one of the following programs, you’re eligible to get a fee waiver:
You can find the full list of eligible programs in the Research Requirements section on the admissions page.
DoNotPay Makes the Fee Waiver Request Process Easy!
DoNotPay offers a solution that can help you save time and money. Our College Application Fee Waiver service is simple to use, and it will help you send a fee waiver request in two minutes. You can obtain grad and undergrad application fee waivers with DoNotPay by following these steps:
- Access your account from a web browser and click on our College Application Fee Waiver feature
- Choose which type of fee waiver you need:
- New Student Application
- Transfer Student
- Enrollment Deposit
- Select the school you wish to apply to
- Respond to all our questions
- Tell us if you’d like to get your guidance counselor’s signature
DoNotPay will fill out the fee waiver form and email it to your counselor. If you don’t want to obtain his or her signature, we will send the request to the university in question.
Which Schools Does DoNotPay Cover?
If you consider using the Common App to apply to various colleges hassle-free, you’re probably familiar with the platform’s fee waiver service. While convenient and efficient, the Common App’s fee waiver tool covers member schools only.
Thanks to DoNotPay’s extensive database, we can help you send your fee waiver request to any school in the U.S. That’s why our feature is better than the one that the Common App offers. Some of the most popular schools in America we can help you with include:
Explore DoNotPay’s Other Services
Why waste time figuring out how to get a Grammarly and Masterclass refund or cancel Hulu, Netflix, and any other service you don’t use? DoNotPay offers a myriad of convenient features that can help you solve everyday issues in no time. Our virtual credit card will allow you to start free trials for services such as Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Visio without being charged.
You won’t have to stress over your student loan bills because we can help you deal with them stress-free. Log in to your DoNotPay account in a , and we will assist you in:
- Finding and applying for medical trials
- Calling customer care agents without wasting too much time
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Reporting robocalls and getting your revenge by requesting compensation
- Filing a warranty claim
- Dealing with copyright infringement
- Asking airlines for refunds and getting compensation for flights that were delayed or canceled
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Handling credit card problems
- Managing unpaid bills
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Requesting a refund from any company
- Starting free trials risk-free
- Blocking spam emails fast
- Getting rid of any subscription or membership you don’t use
- Dealing with small claims court lawsuits
- Locating inmates and sending them letters
- Finding unclaimed money
- Setting up the DMV appointments in under two minutes
- Signing up for any service without verifying your phone number
- Requesting an application fee waiver for any school
- Blocking spam text messages