Learn All About a DAT Fee Waiver and Save Money
The Dental Admission Test (DAT) is a standardized, multiple-choice test designed for students who wish to apply to dental schools in the U.S. and Canada. Applicants can take the test almost any day of the year.
Rely on DoNotPay to request a DAT fee waiver in the blink of an eye. Take advantage of our practical tool, waive your college application fees effortlessly, and save hundreds of dollars.
Dental Admission Test (DAT) Application—Everything You Need To Know
Students need to register for the American Dental Association (ADA) to take the Dental Admission Test. Before signing up, you need to obtain your DENTal Personal Identifier Number (DENTPIN). Once you get your DENTPIN number and log in to the ADA website, go to the application page and apply to take the DAT.
Each DAT application costs $475, which is super pricey. Eligible applicants can get a partial fee waiver that will waive 50% of the application fee.
How To Get a DAT Fee Waiver
The American Dental Association grants a limited number of fee waivers every year. To request your DAT fee waiver, you should complete the appropriate form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org together with one of the following documents (not older than 18 months):
- Proof of financial aid that should contain your name as well as the name of your school
- Your tax return form 1040—if you’re still registered as a dependent, you should send your parents’ tax report
On the ADA website, you can check if fee waivers are still available at the time of your application and which form you need to complete. You can also request the fee waiver form by sending them an email at email@example.com.
You can expect an answer within five to ten business days from sending your request. Wait until you find out their decision before submitting the DAT application.
Who’s Eligible To Receive a DAT Partial Fee Waiver?
To be eligible for a DAT fee waiver, you need to:
- Be taking the test for the first time
- Have American citizenship or be a resident alien
- Have shown financial hardship and received financial aid from your school
If you already received a DAT fee waiver in the past, you won’t get it again. The fee waiver doesn’t cover any schedule changes.
How To Request a Dental School Application Fee Waiver
Have you already taken your Dental Admission Test and want to save as much money as possible on dental school application fees? The American Dental Education Association (ADEA) enables students to apply to multiple dental schools without wasting time on completing each application individually. The ADEA AADSAS platform is dedicated to predoctoral programs.
Students need to pay a $259 fee for the first program they want to apply to and $112 for every additional application. Some schools have additional fees that applicants need to pay to them directly.
Applying to dental schools with the ADEA AADSAS is pricey. They offer a limited number of fee waivers to students who have financial difficulties. The fee waivers are granted on a first-come, first-served principle.
To apply for the ADEA AADSAS fee waiver, you should create an account and follow these steps:
- Select your name in the upper right corner
- Click on the Fee Assistance Program link
- Provide the required info
- Scan your or your parents’ latest tax report and attach it to the form
The ADEA AADSAS fee waiver covers the initial application and two additional ones.
Some schools offer fee waivers outside the ADEA AADSAS platform. Contact your desired schools or programs to check if you can get their fee waiver forms.
Dental School Application Fee Waiver Requirements
The ADEA AADSAS fee waiver can be issued to students who:
- Have American citizenship
- Live with a parent or spouse who has American citizenship
- Come from a family whose income is up to 200% higher than the U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines
Here’s an example of the 2020 U.S. Poverty Guidelines and the requirements of the ADEA AADSAS for the same year:
|Household Members||U.S. Poverty Guidelines (100%)||ADEA AADSAS Requirements (200%)|
Nine and more
Request DAT and College Fee Waivers the Best Way Possible—With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the most convenient way to waive your DAT fee, thanks to our quick and simple-to-use tool. We can also help new and transfer students get a college application fee waiver in less than two minutes.
University-related costs can pile up quickly, considering that you’ll probably have to pay for SAT, ACT, multiple college fees, etc. DoNotPay is the best and fastest option to request an application fee waiver regardless of the college you’re interested in.
Log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser, and follow these steps:
- Click on our College Application Fee Waiver tool
- Choose the fee you want to waive:
- New Student Application
- Transfer Student
- Enrollment Deposit
- Pick the university you want to apply to and answer our questions
- Tell us if you need your counselor’s signature
Once you submit the request, DoNotPay will complete the fee waiver form and mail it to your guidance counselor to obtain his or her signature. If you don’t need the signature, we will send the form to the university in question.
Which Universities Does DoNotPay College Application Fee Waiver Cover?
All of them! If you’ve ever used the Common App, you probably notice that—besides helping you apply to multiple colleges quickly—they also offer a fee waiver feature. As opposed to the Common App that can help you waive fees for 900 member colleges, DoNotPay will assist you in requesting a fee waiver for any school in the U.S., including the most popular universities such as:
- Florida State University
- University of Chicago
- Georgetown University
- New York University
No Issue Is Too Complicated To Solve With DoNotPay
Want to sign up for a Chegg, Grammarly, and Amazon Prime Student free trial without losing money? DoNotPay’s awesome virtual credit card and credit card generator allow you to register for any free trial and avoid being charged. We can even help you deal with student loans as stress-free as possible.
Enjoy numerous other DoNotPay tools and save money while being time-efficient. Open your account in a web browser, and we will help you:
- Handle all unpaid bills stress-free
- Get rid of all unused and unwanted subscriptions and memberships
- Make the DMV appointments in a few clicks
- Report robocalls hassle-free and ask for your compensation
- Fight speeding tickets
- Call customer care reps without wasting time navigating the complex phone tree
- Sue any person or company who did you dirty in small claims court
- Request a refund from any airline and get compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Appeal traffic tickets
- Dispute parking tickets
- Resolve any issue with your credit cards
- Learn how to cope with stalkers and harassment
- File a claim for various warranties
- Enjoy free trials without worrying about being charged
- Find any abandoned funds and claim them
- Report and block text message spam
- Register for any service without phone verification
- Get in touch with inmates by sending them letters
- Ask refunds from numerous companies
- Find clinical trials near you and send your application
- Block spam emails fast
- Request college application fee waivers for any university in the U.S.
- Protect your work against copyright infringement