How To Avoid Paying the BU Application Fee and Save Money
Boston University (BU) is a leading research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. With two primary campuses in the center of Boston and programs around the world, this private facility is home to more than 35,000 students from over 130 countries.
To gain a chance to study at BU, prospective students have to pay a college application fee. While college fees are standard policy for many universities, students and their families often struggle with too many college-related expenses, such as:
- Private tutors
- Test preparations
- SAT and ACT exams
- Potential college tuitions
- College campus visitations costs
If the Boston University application fee is a burden to your finances, you should consider requesting a college fee waiver. Fortunately, DoNotPay has all the necessary information.
How Much Is the Boston University Application Fee?
If you are applying to any college or school at Boston University, be prepared to pay a non-refundable $80 application fee.
You can pay the fee when submitting your application via the Common App or Coalition App.
What Is a College Application Fee Waiver, and Why Should You Consider It?
The average student in the States applies to at least seven colleges at the same time—two safety, three research, and two target schools.
While applying to several colleges improves your chances of getting into the desired program, it can cause noticeable financial damage. Most universities offer to waive application fees to students experiencing financial hardship.
Fee waivers are forms that eligible students have to submit to avoid paying for the application fees.
The average college application fee is approximately $50. When you have several options, the costs can add up even to a thousand dollars. Take a look at the table below to see how much you’d have to pay for application fees at some of the most popular universities in the U.S.:
If you want to avoid paying these fees, you can apply to one of the universities that don’t have application fees. In case your desired colleges charge for applications, check if you are automatically eligible or meet the requirements for requesting a fee waiver.
Am I Eligible for an Automatic College Application Fee Waiver?
Since not all colleges have this policy, it is best to double-check with the admissions office or website of the college you are applying to.
What Are the Requirements for Obtaining the Boston University Fee Waiver?
Not everyone can get their application fees waived. To be eligible for a fee waiver, you have to show proof of financial hardship, and you can do that if you meet at least one of the following indicators of financial need:
- Receiving public assistance from the federal government or state of Massachusetts
- Being an orphan or ward of the state
- Taking part in the Federal TRIO programs, such as Talent Search or Upward Bound
- Living in a foster home, federally subsidized public housing, or being homeless
- Being enrolled in a state, local, or federal program that helps students from families with low income
- Having an annual family income below the Income Eligibility Guidelines regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s Food and Nutrition Service
- Being enrolled or qualified to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program (FRLP)
- Having proof of Pell-Grant eligibility status on FAFSA-related documents
How To Apply for the Boston University Fee Waiver on Your Own
Provided you meet the eligibility criteria, Boston University offers to waive your application fees if you submit your request via:
- Common App
- Coalition App
Requesting the Boston University Fee Waiver via Common App
To apply for a fee waiver using the Common App, you should do the following:
- Open the Common App website
- Click on the Create the Account button
- Go to Profile
- Check Yes if you are eligible for a fee waiver
- Answer the questions about your financial situation and needs
- Select if you are eligible or participate in some of the programs offering fee waivers
- Use any digital signature maker to sign the form
Requesting the Boston University Fee Waiver via Coalition App
If you opt for the Coalition App to apply for a fee waiver, follow the next steps:
- Open the Coalition App
- Go to MyCoalition Account
- Click the Create Account tab
- Provide your email, username, and password
- Open Profile, once you finish creating the account
- Answer Yes to at least one of the fee waiver requirements
- Select the desired university based on your eligibility
Get the Boston University Application Fee Waiver With DoNotPay
While getting application fee waivers can save you a lot of money, requesting them from every single university will cost you a decent amount of time and effort. With DoNotPay, you can have all your college application fees waived in no time.
When To Use the College Application Fee Waiver
Our practical feature can be of great service when you need to obtain:
- New Student Application Fee Waivers
- Transfer Student Fee Waivers
- Enrollment Deposit Fee Waivers
How To Apply for a Fee Waiver With DoNotPay
To get your fee waived, access DoNotPay from any and follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Open the College Application Fee Waiver feature
- Choose the fee you would like to get waived
- Select Boston University or any other college or university you are applying to
- Answer several questions about your financial situation and needs
- Inform us whether you want the signature from your school’s counselor or another school official
How Do We Manage Your Fee Waiver Requests?
You can rely on DoNotPay to manage your request and increase your chances of getting a fee waiver. We make that happen by:
- Filling out the form on your behalf
- Taking care of the whole mailing process
- Sending your request to your high school counselor or other assigned official if you choose that option
- Mailing the completed fee waiver form directly to the financial aid office of the desired university
Deal With Bureaucratic Issues Effortlessly With DoNotPay
Don’t let the pricey application fees hold you back! We will help you obtain college fee waivers for most universities in the States—Emory University, Georgia State University, Fordham University, the University of Texas in Dallas, and many more!
Use our feature to avoid paying application fees for graduate schools and GRE tests. We can help you apply for Ivy League colleges by showing you how to obtain fee waivers for Harvard Law, Columbia Law, or Brown University.
Access DoNotPay from a preferred and get our assistance with administrative issues and other day-to-day tasks, including:
- Asking various companies for refunds and compensation
- Signing up for free trials without risks
- Getting rid of spam email for good
- Putting an end to the SMS spam
- Enrolling in clinical trials and medical surveys
- Contesting troublesome speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Tracking any unclaimed money under your name
- Setting up DMV appointments hassle-free
- Requesting refunds for postponed or canceled flights
- Appealing infuriating parking tickets
- Resolving credit card issues
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Cutting the waiting period when calling customer support
- Getting justice against anyone in small claims court
- Handling bills you are unable to pay
- Connecting with your imprisoned loved ones
- Protecting your work from copyright infringement
- Getting past the phone number verification for many services
- Getting college application fee waivers
- Filing warranty claims
- Acing government tests
- Filing insurance claims