Cancel Hulu the Easy Way
Are you using Hulu often enough to make the subscription fee worthwhile? Do you have trouble finding content on Hulu that you get excited about? If so, it’s probably time to stop dishing out those subscription payments. There are a few ways to cancel your Hulu service. The process can be a bit tricky. Plus, there are different cancellation methods. You’ll have to follow the method that corresponds to the way you signed up.
DoNotPay is a handy app that has a whole bunch of handy uses, including simplifying the cancelation process for dozens of services like Hulu. Access DoNotPay through any web browser or download the app on your iPhone or other Apple device.
How to cancel Hulu
Hulu doesn’t want its users to quit, so they make the cancelation process as drawn out as possible. See below how to save time canceling Hulu with the DoNotPay app. But if you want to do it the old-school way, follow the steps below.
- Go to hulu.com and hit ‘Login’ at the top right.
- Enter your credentials to gain access to your account.
- Find your name at the top right corner of the screen. Click it for a drop-down menu. In the menu, click ‘Account.’
- Scroll down to the bottom of the ‘Account’ page. On the bottom left, you will see ‘Cancel Your Subscription.’ Click ‘Cancel.’
- Hulu will then give you some hoops to jump through. The first one tries to get you to sign up for their Disney bundle. Just click ‘continue to cancel.’
- Next, Hulu asks you if you would prefer to pause your subscription for up to twelve weeks. Again, if you’re sure you’re through with Hulu, click ‘Continue to Cancel.’
- Hulu then asks you for the reason you want to cancel. Hit any option and click ‘continue to cancel.’
- Hulu will then try to keep you subscribed by showing what they can offer. If you still want to cancel, just hit ‘Cancel Subscription.’ Congratulations, you’re done!
DoNotPay can help cancel subscriptions like Hulu in just a few steps. It’s much easier than the process above. Plus, it offers you a range of other valuable services all for free. Access DoNotPay through any web browser or download the app on your iPhone or other Apple device.
|Cancel the old-fashioned way||Cancel with DoNotPay|
|Hulu slows the process down by trying to convince you to stay.||There is no faster way to cancel your Hulu service.|
|You have to go through the cancellation tree until you can finally say goodbye to the service||DoNotPay can do all this for you and save you time|
|If you forgot your password, you have to go through the password reset process before you cancel||With DoNotPay, there are no passwords to remember or forget|
|You have to spend your time to cancel a service||DoNotPay AI chatbot will spend its time instead!|
Cancel Hulu with the help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay makes the process of canceling Hulu a lot easier. It basically does it all for you. The app’s AI chatbot will ask you a series of questions. Then, all you have to do is get on with your life. DoNotPay will notify you once the service has been canceled.
Alternatively, DoNotPay can call Hulu customer service for you and notify you when it reaches a real human so you can cancel the service by phone. Access DoNotPay through any web browser or download the app on your iPhone or other Apple device.
Reasons for canceling Hulu
There are many good reasons to cancel Hulu. Here are some of the top ones:
- Save money. Hulu, Netflix, and other streaming services are recurring monthly charges on people’s wallets. Added up, they cost a lot of money!
- Have time for other things without FOMO. Many people choose to cancel their streaming service apps because they want to spend more time outdoors, working out, or doing something creative
- Spend more time on your social life. One of the biggest reasons people choose to cancel streaming services is so they can spend more time with their loved ones, go out more, and do more social things.
- Get better sleep. It’s too easy to stay up all night binge-watching a series and suffer from low productivity the following day.
Can I cancel a free trial of Hulu
Canceling a free trial of Hulu without canceling your subscription is not too hard. Just go to your account and ‘manage add-ons.’ Click the option you want and hit save. If you want to try a free trial without automatically getting billed when it ends, DoNotPay has got your back. We offer virtual credit cards that you can use to sign up for free trials like Hulu without ever getting billed. Access DoNotPay through any web browser or download the app on your iPhone or other Apple device.
If I cancel, will I get a refund of my Hulu subscription fee?
It is next to impossible to get a refund from Hulu. This is why it’s such a good idea to use DoNotPay’s virtual credit cards to sign up. You’ll avoid getting charged, and if you decide to stick with it, you can change your payment method later.
If you feel you’ve been wronged and the company refuses to issue a refund, you can sue them in small claims court with the help of DoNotPay. The app prepares the necessary documents for you and gives you a script of what to say during your court appearance. Access DoNotPay through any web browser or download the app on your iPhone or other Apple device.
Alternatives to canceling Hulu
If you log in to Hulu, go to ‘account,’ and hit ‘manage,’ you will be offered a few options on how to customize your Hulu service. You will immediately see options like ‘limited commercials,’ ‘Hulu with Live TV,’ and a combination of the two. If you have ‘no commercials’ activated, you can downgrade to ‘limited commercials to save a few bucks a month. If you have ‘no commercials’ activated on live TV, you can deactivate this too. Canceling Hulu’s cloud DVR storage or multiple screen services can save you some money too.
Do you like Hulu and have the included Cinemax, HBO, or Showtime services, but don’t use them much? Cancel these services to save some bucks.
One last option is to put your Hulu subscription on hold. It will give you the option of holding your subscription from one to twelve weeks. Once the period that you select is over, Hulu will automatically start charging you again.
What else can DoNotPay do?
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Skip the phone queue and get a real human being at any company
- Dispute parking tickets
- Virtual credit cards to stop free trials from charging you
- Appeal speeding tickets
- Contest traffic tickets
- Cancel any service or subscription
- Schedule an appointment with the DMV fast