How Does the Northern Tool Return Policy Work?
Is the Northern Tool return policy giving you a headache? Use this guide to determine if you can return an item you recently purchased from Northern Tool + Equipment. If you’d prefer to stop worrying about it right now, you can in no time.
Whether you purchased the item from a retail location or had it shipped from the factory may change the refund you will receive under the Northern Tool return policy. All returns must meet two primary requirements:
- The items must have been purchased within 60 days of the return
- Products should be in unused or defective condition
You can initiate a return with Northern Tool + Equipment in various ways:
|Return Initiation Method||Yes/No|
The Northern Tool +Equipment return procedure depends on whether you purchased an item in person, online, or through the Northern Tool + Equipment Catalog. You must return items purchased from a retail location in person.
The Northern Tool return policy details two methods for returning online purchases or through the catalog:
- In person at a Northern Tool + Equipment store
- Via mail
Before you head to your nearby Northern Tool + Equipment location, make sure you have the following:
- Packing slip
- Order number
- Return authorization number (see below)
- The item you wish to return
To ship an item back to Northern Tool + Equipment, you need to contact Customer Service and obtain a return authorization number. You can get in touch with their support team in two ways:
Not all items can be returned, and some cannot be returned directly to Northern Tool + Equipment:
- Gas or diesel-powered products that have been gassed or oiled
- Factory shipped products (without approval from the manufacturer)
- NorTrac equipment
- Surface cleaners
- Gang reels
- Reconditioned forklifts
- Clearance and electronic auction items
If the product was manufactured by Northern Tool + Equipment, it is protected under their warranty with the following terms:
- The warranty period is stated in the product’s manual
- Any service work must be approved by Northern Tool + Equipment
Items not manufactured by Northern Tool + Equipment are not covered by their warranty. You must consult the product’s manufacturer for further details.
If the product you wish to return does not meet the primary criteria—unused, defective, or purchased in the previous 60 days—you may not qualify for a full refund. Depending on the item, its condition, and how you bought it, the terms of the refund may change:
|Unused items||Full refund|
|Defective items||Full refund|
|Used items||15% restocking fee|
|Functional items||15% restocking fee|
|Factory shipped items||15% restocking fee|
If an item you ordered from Northern Tool + Equipment arrives in faulty condition, you should not contact them about it directly at first. Start by contacting the carrier that shipped your item, and make sure to do so within 24 hours of receipt. Northern Tool + Equipment does not accept responsibility for damaged products that the carrier picked up in good condition.
Northern Tool +Equipment processes in-person returns immediately, but the payment method may cause refund delays (e.g., your credit card company’s timeframe for processing the refund). Items that you return by mail can take 2–4 weeks to process.
If you’re fed up with the lengthy procedures—don’t worry because you’re not alone. Northern Tool + Equipment has gained a reputation for offering subpar support for customers trying to return their products. Here’s the good news—DoNotPay can take care of it for you.
Our AI-powered robot lawyer offers a vast range of tools to help consumers get what they deserve. The Item Return Request feature is designed to help users in your exact situation. We even set a response deadline to ensure you get a quick reply on the status of your return.
Here’s how to get the process started:
- Click on the Return My Purchase tool
- Fill in the necessary info and include a photo
- Submit your request
If you have items you want to return to other retailers, check out our comprehensive guides to make the process stress-free:
|Ross Stores||Office Depot||eBay|
Have you been trying to contact the company you want to return your faulty item to with no success? No more—use DoNotPay’s nifty product to jump the phone queue of any company’s customer service line.
Waiting in any sort of line is dreadful, which is why we can also help you schedule a DMV appointment from the comfort of your home.
There are many more tiresome chores you no longer have to leave your bed to complete:
- Drawing up an ironclad standardized legal document
- Getting any document notarized remotely
- Mapping registered sex offenders
- Appealing parking tickets
- Faxing any document
- Getting a tourist visa
- Lowering your utility bills
- Getting gift card cash back
- Entering sweepstakes for free
- Getting access to any public record
- Sending a financial aid appeal letter to any school
Our app comes with a large selection of products—for one low monthly fee, you can use them all to complete dreadful admin tasks in a split second. Check out how you can:
- Earn off robocalls
- Create passport photos
- Sign up for a clinical trial
- Appeal banned accounts
- Fight workplace discrimination
- Create a child travel consent form
- File warranty and insurance claims
- Get rid of email and text spammers
- Submit an HR complaint anonymously
- Draw up a divorce settlement agreement