Everything You Need To Know About a Laptop Warranty
Purchasing a new laptop is an investment. If you spend your hard-earned money on one, you’d want to understand its warranty from top to bottom in case the laptop exhibits any issues.
There are two main types of warranties:
- A manufacturer warranty—Every laptop comes with this free warranty. Sometimes it’s called a limited, factory, or standard warranty
- An extended warranty—A manufacturer or vendor could offer you additional coverage for your laptop. This is a paid warranty, usually extending the standard warranty period and sometimes covering more issues
What Do Manufacturer Laptop Warranties Cover?
If your laptop breaks down or doesn’t work properly, you should submit a warranty claim and get it repaired or replaced. To get the service, your laptop needs to be under warranty covering the particular issue. Check out what most standard laptop warranties cover:
|Standard Laptop Warranties Cover||Standard Laptop Warranties Don’t Cover||Warranty Period|
|Defects in material and workmanship, including:
||Damage caused by neglect, misuse, or accidents:
For a detailed overview of specific warranties, check out our articles on:
What Is a Laptop Extended Warranty?
People sometimes want to take extra precautions when buying a new laptop, so they opt for an extended warranty. If a child won’t use your laptop and if you’re not particularly clumsy, perhaps an extended warranty is a waste of money.
Extended warranties differ depending on the specific company and model. Typically, they will cover the same issues as the manufacturer warranty, only for a longer period. Others are more intricate, providing coverage for defects caused by accidents and similar issues the manufacturer warranty doesn’t cover.
Use DoNotPay To Fast-Track Your Laptop Warranty Claim
Once you’re up to speed on your laptop warranty, you can file a warranty claim. Skip the hassle of calling or writing an email to the company or vendor—DoNotPay can handle that for you!
Here’s how it works:
- Open DoNotPay in any web browser
- Access the Claim Warranty feature
- Select the Warranty on a Purchased Item option
- Answer a few questions about your laptop and warranty
- Click on Submit
That’s all you need to do! DoNotPay will send a warranty claim letter to the company in question. The company should contact you directly to schedule an appointment.
DoNotPay can also handle your car, home, or extended warranties for used cars. You don’t have a home warranty yet? Check our home warranty reviews, and you might snatch the best home warranty in America.
Appeal a Rejected Warranty Claim With DoNotPay
You submitted a warranty claim for your laptop, and it was denied? It’s a common practice to reject the customers’ initial warranty claims. No worries—Use DoNotPay and appeal your original claim without a hitch!
Check out how to do it:
- Access DoNotPay from any web browser
- Select the Claim Warranty feature
- Tap on Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Answer a few questions about your laptop
- Provide details about your original warranty claim and hit Submit
Relying on your info and warranty laws, DoNotPay will write the best appeal letter. We will send it to your laptop manufacturer or vendor. You can expect them to contact you soon regarding your warranty claim.
Are you having a similar issue with your car? DoNotPay can also handle a dealer refusing to cancel your extended warranty.
DoNotPay Offers More Answers and Solutions at Your Fingertips
DoNotPay is a useful tool in various situations, not only managing warranty claims. Use DoNotPay’s refined technology to cancel Dropbox, get a Newegg refund, stop Facebook emails, or start an Adobe Acrobat free trial.
Browse DoNotPay’s versatile features from any web browser and find easy solutions to numerous problems. We can help you:
- Dispute your parking tickets
- File small claims lawsuits against anyone
- Get rid of spam emails for good
- Submit and appeal a claim for any warranty
- Handle credit card problems
- Sign up for free trials the safe way
- Manage unpaid bills
- Cancel subscriptions and memberships
- Fight your traffic tickets
- Locate unclaimed money under your name
- Stay protected from stalking and harassment
- Contest your speeding tickets
- Put a stop to spam text messages
- Request a refund from any company
- Make appointments at the DMV
- Waive your college application fees
- Get back at robocalls
- Skip being on hold when you phone customer service
- Protect your work from copyright infringement
- Request a refund and compensation for a delayed or canceled flight
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Apply for various clinical trials
- Get in touch with loved ones in jail