The Best Guide to Getting a Newegg Refund Fast and Easy
Newegg is a company that sells all kinds of products and services related to electronics—from laptop and desktop computers to health and sports equipment. If you’ve bought any of the Newegg products and are having an issue with your purchase, we’ll help you request and get your refund in short order.
Newegg Refund Policy—Everything You Need to Know
The rules on Newegg refunds are covered under the company’s several return policies. The main takeaway is that the policy refers to the goods that were “Sold and Shipped by Newtag,” which you can check in your item’s description slot. If the product you bought was a Marketplace item, other policies apply.
The Newegg Standard Return Policy states you can get a refund if you return the product you bought in 30 days. There is also the 45/1 Return Policy, which allows 45 days to return your item for a refund or one year to request a replacement. You can also search which of the two return policies your item falls under on the Newegg website.
Note that if you want to return a TV that has a 37-inches screen or larger, you’ll need to report the damage sustained during shipping within 48 hours of receiving your package. This may apply to any other cumbersome products, too. Newegg may deny a refund or replacement if you report a problem outside of the specified frame, though.
The Newegg Replacement Only Return Policy is also important. If the item you bought falls under it, you can only return your purchase for a replacement—although Newegg vows to refund you if the original item isn’t available.
What Products You Can’t Get a Newegg Refund For
The described return policies cover the majority of products you can buy from Newegg, but the company sells items and services that are non-refundable too. Some of those are:
- Printer inks
- CD/DVD items
- Downloadable software
- Face masks
How to Check if You’re Eligible for a Newegg Refund
All the Newegg return policies are bound to make your head spin. Don’t worry, though—we’ll show you how you can check which policy covers the item you bought:
- Go to the Newegg website
- Open the Description page for the item you bought
- Select the Warranty & Returns option
- Read the return policies for your item, located in the bottom right corner of the page
To give you a run-through, these are the return policies for which Newegg issues refunds:
- Standard Return Policy
- 45/1 Return Policy
- Non-Contract Cell Phone Return Policy
- Services and Extended Warranties Return Policy
- International Return Policy
The Best Way to Ensure a Refund for a Newegg Product
Now that you know how to check whether you’re eligible for a Newegg refund, it’s time to get the process going. DoNotPay can help you by automating the entire task so that you don’t spend more than 60 seconds on it.
Once you go to your DoNotPay dashboard using your you only need to:
- Click on the File a Chargeback section
- Fill out the payment details you used to buy a Newegg product
- Type in Newegg to let us know you want a refund from that company
- Verify your request with your email and date of birth details
Your work here is done! We will draft a demand letter with all the applicable VISA or MasterCard codes and notify your bank about your request. We will send your refund request to Newegg and notify you by email when we’re done.
The One Method for Requesting a Newegg Refund Manually
You can also apply for a Newegg refund on your own, but you only have one way of doing it—on the company’s website.
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Go to the Newegg website
- Click on the Customer Service tab
- Choose Return an Item option in the drop-down menu
- Click on the Refund option
- Fill out the Item, Quantity, and Description of Issue details
- Choose your Shipment Method
- Click on the Return option
If you’re not a registered Newegg buyer, you can:
- Type in your order information in the Find Your Order section of the website
- Log in to your Returning User account
Can You Request a Refund Via
Yes / No
More Newegg Return Policy Requirements
Since you’re venturing into requesting a refund from Newegg, you should know all the requirements and limitations under the company’s returns and refund policies. Besides the key information about if and when you may be eligible for a refund, here are several other points to keep in mind:
- You will need a Return Merchandise Authorization Number, which you can request here, to return your order
- Your order may not be eligible for a refund if the package you return is without all the original accessories
- Your shipping must include the serial number for your order as well as the UPC code if you want to get a Newegg refund
- You must not write anything on the package you received initially or alter it in any way before sending it back to Newegg
Newegg Refund Time—How Long Do Newegg Refunds Take?
Once you request your Newegg refund, you’ll surely be wondering when you’ll be able to get your money back. Usually, Newegg will process your refund in 3–5 working days from the moment you cancel or return your item. If you don’t get your money back after this period, you can check the status of your refund with your bank or any payment service you used to purchase products from Newegg.
What to Do if You’re Experiencing Issues With Newegg Refunds
If weeks pass and you don’t receive a refund from Newegg, it is quite possible the company doesn’t intend to grant it. When experiencing an issue like this one, you should first and foremost be aware of what your customer rights are.
The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), which protects you from unfair billing practices, stipulates that card issuers need to respond to your complaint in no more than 30 days. The Act also states you can dispute a charge on your credit card in 60 days of its being incurred.
If you believe Newegg violates the FCBA or has tried to rob you of your money in any other way, DoNotPay will help you sue them in small claims court. We can draft your demand letter, collect the evidence you need, and write you a script for the court day. This way, you don’t have to engage in litigation all by yourself, and you’ll have a stronger chance of winning your case.
More Help With Refunds for Your Electronic Devices
Whether or not you call yourself a tech nut, it’s impossible to escape technology today. With so many merchants selling electronic equipment, it’s hard to find the one you can trust fully. DoNotPay can help you request a refund from any company and on any bought product, including:
Don’t Leave Before You Check Out Everything Else You Can Do With DoNotPay
We bet you never dreamed you could accomplish tasks like canceling services, requesting your refunds, and appealing traffic tickets in the blink of an eye—but that is just what you can do when you’re using DoNotPay.
Create your account using any and get our help in any of the following matters:
- Suing for stalking and harassment
- Covering bills you cannot pay
- Getting rid of spam and abusive mail
- Setting up a DMV appointment quickly
- Filling out paperwork for a small claims court dispute
- Contacting customer services
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Signing up for free trials and avoiding automatic charges
- Requesting refunds for any products or services
- Reporting annoying and illegal robocallers
- Disputing speeding tickets
- Terminating subscriptions and memberships
- Solving issues with your credit cards
- Contesting parking citations
- Requesting compensation for canceled and delayed flights