Kenmore Refrigerator Warranty—Coverage and Claims
For decades, Kenmore was one of the leading brands in the United States, sold exclusively at Sears. Today, you can buy Kenmore products at several different retailers.
One of the brand’s main product lines is Kenmore refrigerators, which include:
- French-door refrigerators
- Side-by-side refrigerators
- Ice makers
- Wine coolers
- Beverage centers
This article will explain the best way to claim your Kenmore refrigerator warranty—DoNotPay!
What Is Covered by Kenmore Refrigerator Warranty?
Kenmore’s refrigerators and parts have a manufacturer warranty ranging from one year to a lifetime. The main condition is that the appliance was installed, operated, and maintained according to the official instructions. Check the table for different warranty durations:
|Sealed refrigerant system||Five years|
|Linear compressor||Ten years|
|Storage bins (purchased after February 4, 2018)||Lifetime|
|Appliance used for commercial purposes||90 days|
If you claim a warranty and a defect is confirmed by the service center, there are two possible outcomes:
- The device will be repaired for free
- You will receive a replacement product if the device cannot be fixed
You can find more coverage details in the table below.
|Defects in material and workmanship||Yes|
|Damage from natural catastrophes||No|
|Defects caused by misuse or unauthorized modifications||No|
|Costs of repair or replacement||Yes|
|Issues that appeared due to an installation or repair performed by unauthorized personnel||No|
|Assistance from a technician regarding the correct installation, operation, or maintenance||No|
Can I Purchase an Extended Kenmore Warranty?
Kenmore’s main retailer, Sears, offers extended protection for refrigerators, called Master Protection Agreement. It includes additional benefits, such as:
- Annual preventive maintenance
- No service fees
- Replacement of products that need three or more repairs
- Up to $300 in reimbursements for food loss
- Repair due to normal wear and tear
- One-time rental reimbursement of up to $50 if your appliance cannot be fixed on the first service visit
Ways To Claim Kenmore Fridge Manufacturer Warranty
Before you claim a warranty for your Kenmore fridge, check the user guide to see if it’s possible to fix the issue by yourself. If you decide to file a claim, you’ll need proof of purchase.
There are two avenues for claiming a Kenmore manufacturer warranty:
- By phone
- On Facebook
Requesting Kenmore Warranty Service by Phone
If your Kenmore fridge needs repair, call 1-844-553-6667 to get in touch with a customer service representative who will direct your next step.
Reaching Out to Kenmore on Facebook
You can go to Kenmore’s official Facebook page and send a message describing your issue. The average response time is below an hour.
Kenmore Refrigerator Extended Warranty Claims
If you have purchased the Master Protection Agreement extended coverage for your refrigerator, you can file a warranty claim in two ways:
- Calling 1-800-573-1088
Filing an Extended Kenmore Warranty Claim Online
- Visit the Sears Purchase Protect webpage
- Select the retailer where you bought the fridge
- Choose Master Protection Agreement
- Click on the service you’re requesting in the drop-down menu—you can file a food loss claim or a service promise claim this way
- Provide your personal information and details about the issue
- Click Submit
Go Simple and Use DoNotPay to Claim Kenmore Refrigerator Warranty
The world’s first robot lawyer—DoNotPay— is the simplest way to claim all types of warranties. If it’s your car, home, laptop, or any other appliance, we can submit your claim automatically on your behalf. We can help you determine the best refrigerator warranty or claim your KitchenAid appliance, Calphalon cookware, Samsung microwave, or Whirlpool water heater warranties!
To get started, access DoNotPay from your web browser and follow these steps:
- Select the Claim Warranty feature
- Click on Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Type in the details about your refrigerator
- Click Submit my claim to finish
We will write a request and file the claim for you! You can expect Kenmore’s customer service to contact you directly with an update regarding your case.
DoNotPay Can Help You Appeal the Dismissal of Your Claim
Don’t worry if Kenmore rejects your initial warranty claim. It is not uncommon for companies to do this. You have the right to appeal. Use DoNotPay to seek the service you’re entitled to in just a few steps. After accessing DoNotPay from your web browser, the procedure is as follows:
- Choose Claim Warranty in the list of features
- Select Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- State whether you’re appealing against the decision of the product manufacturer or the extended warranty provider
- Provide details about Kenmore and your original warranty claim
We will submit the appeal on your behalf. An update from the company regarding your case should come to you directly.
DoNotPay Helps You Claim Your Money
Our virtual assistant app makes sure you get back funds that are rightfully yours.
DoNotPay can also help you initiate a chargeback on any transaction you disagree with. We can help you secure compensation from airlines, robocall and text scammers, or in case you’ve been a victim of a crime.
Bypass the Administration With DoNotPay
There’s no more need for extensive research, abundant paperwork, or endless phone calls with customer service reps.
DoNotPay brings the administrative nonsense to a minimum.
Book DMV appointments fast and easy, appeal your parking citations, sign up for free trials without disclosing your credit card info or phone number, or reach your loved ones in jail—all in less than five minutes.