Get the Gist of Homeschooling in Wisconsin
Our easy-to-follow article will help you get started with homeschooling in Wisconsin and show you how to draw up a letter of intent in a jiffy! DoNotPay can also break down the costs of homeschooling for you and tell you who can teach your child and when you can start!
|Filing an annual report||Every year before or on October 15, you must file a statement of enrollment (PI-1206) form with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI). To do this, you’ll have to visit the DPI’s official website.
Your statement must state how many students are enrolled in your homeschool and provide the officials with other basic information
|Providing the necessary amount of homeschool hours||The homeschool program parents choose for their children must provide at least 875 hours of instruction each school year (from July 1 to June 30)|
|Teaching the required subjects||In Wisconsin, you are required to teach the following subjects:
|Having a sequentially progressive curriculum||Your curriculum needs to move from providing simple lessons to more challenging ones progressively|
|Having a privately controlled homeschool||Your homeschool needs to be privately controlled, meaning that an agency or a public school can’t operate a homeschool in Wisconsin|
Wisconsin is one of the easiest states to homeschool in as you’ll only need to follow a few steps. To get started, you should withdraw your child from school and file a letter of intent to homeschool. By submitting this letter, you notify the superintendent of your school district that your child will be homeschooled.
If you want an easy way of obtaining this crucial document, subscribe to DoNotPay. We’ll generate it for you in no time and even forward it on your behalf.
Don’t want to write a letter of intent to homeschool on your own? If so, use DoNotPay! Our AI-based app will create this document for you in a snap, and you’ll only need to follow a few steps.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Access DoNotPay in your preferred browser
- Navigate to our Letter of Intent to Homeschool product
- Answer our chatbot’s questions regarding:
- Homeschooling plan
- Your child
- Tap on Submit
Once we process your request, we will generate the letter, and you can choose whether we:
- Send it to you via email in PDF form
- Mail it in your stead to the superintendent
If you need answers to popular homeschool-related questions, you can find them in DoNotPay’s articles, such as:
- What are some popular myths about homeschooling?
- Is there financial assistance for homeschooling parents?
- How many students are homeschooled in the United States?
There are several platforms and curriculums in Wisconsin you can use to homeschool your child online. Some are free, and some require a fee, so be sure to check before signing up for one.
The main benefits of online homeschooling platforms in Wisconsin are that:
- They’re easy to use for students of all ages
- Students and teachers can use them anywhere as the platforms are accessible on desktops, tablets, laptops, etc.
- They include daily assignments in a user-friendly format
- They have the option to go back and forward in assignments and lessons
- You can start any time
These platforms also have curriculums that may come in handy. You can even find various helpful tools to assist teachers in tracking a student’s progress, attendance, etc.
In Wisconsin, you can join the Wisconsin Parents Association (WPA). It was created in 1984 by a group of homeschoolers who wanted to fight for their rights and better the legislation. The association promotes the privatization of homeschooling. If you join the WPA, you will receive:
- Support and guidance
- Guide to homeschooling in your state
- Step-by-step guide showing you how to fill out the PI-1206 form
- Link to their active Facebook community
- Invitation to an annual conference with speakers, workshops, and curriculum vendors
- Bi-annual newsletter
- Event discounts
If you want to join a support group to have assistance on your homeschool journey, you’re in luck because Wisconsin has an abundance of them. To help you with the choice, we’ve selected a few:
- Appleton Christian Homeschool Fellowship
- Master’s Touch Homeschool Group
- The Family Learning Center
- Splendor of Truth Catholic Home Educators
- Valley Home Schoolers, Inc.
- Wolf River Home Educators
Our product range doesn’t end there—we can also help you sue anyone in small claims court, cancel any subscription, start a free trial risk-free with our virtual credit card, get refunds and chargebacks, send anything through online fax, pay your utility bills, demand airline compensation, and deal with your annoying neighbors.
As soon as you sign up, we can also put an end to robocalls, copyright infringement, email and text spam, and stalkers and harassers. Our app’s abilities don’t stop there either—get perfect passport photos, free raffle tickets, compensation for victims of crime, or insurance or warranty instantly!
Check out how else we can help—DoNotPay can:
- Help you jump the phone queue when contacting reps
- Keep you up to date with sex offenders in your area
- Check any gift card balance and turn it into cash
- Find any unclaimed assets you may have
- Book a DMV appointment in your stead
- Get any document notarized remotely
- Draw up a financial aid appeal letter
- Get rid of stalkers and harassers
- Stop email and text spam
Sign up now to take advantage of our nifty products!