Obtain Fresno State Scholarships Hassle-Free
Tuition fees and other education-related expenses have been becoming increasingly more expensive at a steady rate. The majority of students can’t keep up with the financial demands, and many of them end up spending decades of hard work repaying their college-day debts.
Companies, governments, and institutions recognize this problem, which is why they offer scholarships and grants to help students cope with the financial struggle. In this guide, we’ll talk about Fresno State scholarships and explain:
- What types of financial aid programs there are
- Where you can find them
- How to apply for them
- DoNotPay’s process of helping you obtain one
At California State University, Fresno, yearly costs of attendance are steep, as shown in the following table:
|Cost of Attendance Category
|Doctoral Degree Students
With numbers like these, it’s no wonder students are looking for a way to alleviate the financial burden that comes with studying. Fresno State scholarship programs can come from companies, private donors, federal and California organizations, and Fresno State itself.
Scholarships are divided into two main types:
- Need-based grants
- Merit-based scholarships
Note that some programs require students to prove both merit and need.
Fresno State students that can’t boast academic excellence still have a chance to secure financial aid. While some need-based programs are there to offer nonrepayable financial support to students who can’t afford their education, others may require repayment.
To prove their financial need, students need to show their tax returns and prove their families’ yearly income. They can do so by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form or the College Scholarship Service (CSS) profile.
Undocumented students at Fresno State can also file the California Dream Act Application (CDAA) for financial aid.
Merit-based programs focus on helping students who show academic excellence and personal success. These scholarships are nonrepayable and are essentially free money that helps up-and-coming students pay less for their education.
Students have to prove their worth by demonstrating academic qualities and providing paperwork that makes them stand out. This includes:
- High ACT or SAT scores
- High GPA level
- Letters of recommendation from mentors
- Compelling essays on various topics, such as career goals and personal merit
- Resume with past projects, community service, and other extracurricular activities
Check out the table below to find information about some merit-based scholarships and their requirements:
|William Dienstein Library Work Scholarship
|Bulldog International Group (BIG) Scholarship
|Adolf Odorfer Art Scholarship
|Clifford O. Grant Scholarship
|Crankstart Scholarship for California Community College Transfer Students
Private scholarships represent need- and merit-based programs that come from companies, private funds, and donors.
Private programs offer help to college students of all levels of study, but there are also scholarships for high school seniors who intend to enroll at a college in Fresno State.
These scholarships always focus on a specific group of students. These groups include:
- Native Americans
- Students of faith
- International students
- Students in a particular field of study—teaching, computer science, mechanical engineering, etc.
There is no exclusivity to scholarships—you can apply for and obtain as much financial aid as you wish to reduce or eliminate personal costs. Finding various financial aid programs you’re eligible for is a tedious task that can take several weeks.
If you want to shorten your research period, you should look at the following tips:
- Talk to the university’s financial aid office—At Fresno State, financial aid officers will review your academic achievements and financial need and determine what scholarships you’re eligible for. If you want to avoid visiting them, you can contact them at 559-278-6572 or send a letter to California State University, Fresno, Scholarship Office, 5150 N Maple Ave, JA64, Fresno CA 93740
- Visit the Fresno State website—The university uses its website to give information about college-organized scholarships
- Use DoNotPay—If you want to skip research altogether, you can to get a list of all scholarships you’re eligible for in under five minutes
Private scholarships have individual application processes, and if you’re trying to apply for one of them, you’ll have to do research about their way of handling applicants.
If you’re applying for programs run by the university, you can follow the same application steps:
- Create a MyFresnoState account
- Write two personal statements
- Upload necessary documentation (this varies from one scholarship to another)
You can waste a lot of your time researching various scholarship programs and their application processes. If you want to apply for a number of awards, you won’t have the time to research each individual one, with deadlines coming thick and fast.
With DoNotPay, you can skip the entire research process and find all available scholarships within minutes. You only need to:
- Select the Apply for Scholarships feature
- Answer a few questions
- Choose a preferable type of scholarship
DoNotPay will come up with a personalized list of all scholarships you’re eligible for, and the app will display all the necessary information about award amounts and application requirements. If there’s a no-essay scholarship on the list, you can apply within the app by letting us complete the entire process on your behalf.
Are you tired of dealing with bureaucratic or legal matters on your own? You no longer have to—as soon as you subscribe to DoNotPay, we’ll take any exhausting task off your plate.
Our app is capable of drawing up legal documents—including marital settlement agreements, child travel consent forms, powers of attorney, defamation demand letters, and affidavits to homeschool—getting them notarized remotely, filing complaints against companies, suing any individual or corporation in small claims court, sending FOIA requests, and so much more.
DoNotPay’s capabilities don’t end there—we can also:
- Cancel any subscription
- Get you a burner number
- Help you get a tourist visa
- Send an item return request
- Help you apply for any clinical trial
- Create perfect and valid passport photos
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast in your stead
- Look up any sex offender lurking in your neighborhood
- Help you get in touch with government representatives
- Sign you up for free trials with a virtual credit card
- File warranty and insurance claims for you
- Help you fight email and text spam
- Get you in touch with an inmate
- Mail anything in your stead
- Offer an online fax service