Understanding the Disney Store Return Policy—How To Return Items Stress-Free
If you’re at your wits’ end trying to understand the Disney store return policy—don’t worry! This guide will dissect the procedure step by step. You can also use DoNotPay to streamline the process.
To return an item you purchased from the Disney store, Disney Baby store, shopDisney, or at Disney parks, you must meet the requirements of their return policy. You can return purchased items in one of two ways:
- In person at a Disney store retail location
- Shipped via UPS or insured USPS
All returned items—whether for refund, exchange, or store credit—must meet the strict criteria set by Disney. You should initiate a return within 30 days of the original purchase, along with the receipt or gift receipt, and the product must be:
- Unworn or unused
- In the same condition as at the time of purchase
- In the original unopened packaging
- Returned with the original tags and tickets attached
To return an item you purchased at the Disney store, bring the product in its original packaging to your local retail location along with the original or gift receipt within 30 days of the purchase. Disney does not offer returns for merchandise bought from third-party retailers. Any such items are subject to those retailer’s return policies. Whether you qualify for a refund, exchange, or store credit will depend on the proof of purchase you possess and the timeframe of the return.
In-store returns are subject to the following terms:
- A full refund will be issued for items returned with an original receipt
- A merchandise credit will be offered for items returned with a gift receipt
- Merchandise credit equal to the current retail price will be provided for items returned without a receipt and/or after 30 days from the original purchase
- Returns that lack a receipt and are initiated after 30 days from the original purchase may require a valid ID
You may return items by mail only if you purchased them online via shopDisney. You can ship products via UPS or insured USPS, and you must include a return name and address to qualify.
Follow these steps to prepare your return correctly:
- Make a duplicate of the packing slip for your records
- Reuse the original packaging or a strong corrugated carton
- Make sure to include the packing slip to streamline the process
- Hold on to the return label to use on the exterior of the parcel
- Securely pack your item
- Tape the container shut carefully
- Attach the return shipping label to the outside of the package
Once you have packed and labeled your parcel, ship it to shopDisney, 4795 Imagination Drive, Memphis, TN 38118.
Disney does not accept C.O.D and does not reimburse shipping costs. Return processing usually takes 1–2 weeks.
You cannot return items by mail if you purchased them at Disney parks or experiences. Any items purchased at the following locations are subject to a different Disney return policy:
- Walt Disney World® Resort
- Disneyland® Resort
- World of Disney® locations
- Disney Cruise Line® ships
- Disney’s Soda Fountain Shop in Hollywood California
- Disney Baby
If you purchased the unwanted item at one of the above locations, you can return it by following these steps:
- Call (800) 328-0327 or email email@example.com
- Make sure you have your email receipt and order number
- Initiate the return process by following instructions from a Disney support representative
Yes—there are exceptions to which items you can return:
|Personalized, Customized, Special Order, or “Create Your Own” merchandise||No returns/exchanges|
|Merchandise marked “As Is,” “All Sales Final,” or “No refunds, exchanges, or returns”||No returns/exchanges|
|Damaged or defective DVD, Video, Audio, and Software merchandise||Exchange for same merchandise only, if available|
|Magic Bands||No returns/exchanges|
|Memberships||Non-refundable; no exchanges or transfers|
|Jewelry items priced $150 or more||No returns/exchanges|
If the prospect of going through the steps above gives you a headache—don’t worry, because there’s a more convenient way. DoNotPay offers a Return Request Tool to streamline the process for you.
Using DoNotPay, you can input the details of your return request, and we will handle the rest for you. Even better, we impose a response deadline to ensure that Disney addresses your request quickly.
Follow these steps to initiate your Disney return request:
- Sign up or sign in to DoNotPay
- Select the Item Return Request tool
- Answer the requisite questions and upload a photo if necessary
- Submit your request
It won’t be long until you hear back from Disney on the status of your return request.
If you want to learn more about other famous retailers’ return policies, you can review our helpful guides and save yourself some time and money:
|Guitar Center||Sam’s Club||American Eagle|
Are you dealing with a company that refuses to approve your return? Once we submit a refund request in your stead, we can also prepare all the paperwork you need to sue the merchant in small claims court and win your case.
Do you believe that you may have some unclaimed assets? Count on us to find and get them for you.
Use DoNotPay whenever you need to tackle any sort of mundane task. If you’re sick of wasting your time in long phone queues or the ones at the DMV, we’ll help you skip them. Do you want to apply for a college fee waiver or clinical trial? Are you looking to enter a sweepstake or get a passport photo or a tourist visa? We’ll do it all in your stead!
If you want to send a letter of warning to a persistent harasser or loud neighbor or want to get compensation for victims of crime, workplace discrimination, or robocalls, let us know and we’ll tackle the issue momentarily.