A Step-By-Step Guide to Getting a Harvard Law Fee Waiver Effortlessly
HLS is super expensive—you’ll need to spend around $100,000 a year on your room, books, tuition, college fees, and other expenses unless you receive a scholarship. You can save a couple of hundreds of dollars by getting your application fees waived.
What Is a College Application Fee Waiver and Why You Should Consider Requesting It
Application fees can be pricey, especially for students who decide to apply for multiple colleges. Most students apply for about seven schools—three target, two safety, and two reach schools.
Every student should consult their guidance counselor and ask about the fee waiver requirements before applying for colleges. The counselor should also have the fee waiver forms for you to complete.
Everything You Need To Know About Harvard Law School Application Fee
The Harvard Law School application fee is $85. HLS enables students to get a fee waiver and apply for free if they fulfill financial requirements.
While some colleges don’t have an application fee, most schools charge around $50.
Interested in knowing the price of application fees for the most popular universities in the U.S.? Want to compare the price of the Harvard Law School application fee with your backup options? Here’s an overview of five colleges that receive the most applications and the amount they charge for application fees:
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||$75|
|New York University||$80|
|University of California, Davis||$70|
|University of California, Berkeley||$70|
Ways To Get a Harvard Law Application Fee Waiver
You have a few options when it comes to requesting your HLS fee waiver. You can apply for a fee waiver:
- Through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC)
- On Harvard Law School’s website
- With DoNotPay
LSAC Fee Waiver Explained
If you still didn’t take your Law School Admission Test and you’re not in a position to afford to pay for the test and HLS application fees, you should apply for an LSAC fee waiver. Once LSAC grants you a fee waiver, you’ll be able to apply for HLS for free and have many other fees waived, including:
- Two LSATs
- Score preview after the first test
- One-year subscription to Official LSAT Prep Plus and access to over 60 practice tests
- One Credential Assembly Service (CAS) registration with the Letter of Recommendation Service and free applications for all law schools that are LSAC members
- Six CAS reports
These are the basic requirements for having your LSAT fees waived. You need to:
- Be a citizen of the U.S., Canada, or Australia
- Have a permanent residence in the U.S. and Alien Registration Receipt Card
- Apply for or be granted deferred action under DACA
- Have a permanent residence or be a Protected Person in Canada
How To Request Your College Application Fee Waiver From Harvard Law School
Want to apply for a Harvard Law School fee waiver with a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score or request a fee waiver directly from HLS? You can do so by completing the fee waiver form on the school’s website.
You’ll have to type in the following info:
- Digital signature
- Your first, preferred, and last name
- LSAC number
- Date of birth
- Address, city, and postal code
- Email address
You will also be asked to indicate if you requested a fee waiver from LSAC.
Get Your Harvard Law Application Fee Waived Easy With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can save you a lot of time and help you request your HLS fee waiver fast and easy. We can also help you get your fees waived when applying for other law schools in America, such as Stanford, Georgetown, and Northwestern Law School. DoNotPay offers a practical feature that enables you to submit your request in a few clicks:
- Log in to your account from a web browser
- Click on our College Application Fee Waiver tool
- Pick the fee you’d like to waive and select the school you want to apply for
- Answer our questions about your financial situation
- Tell us if you need your counselor’s signature
Once you provide all the necessary details, we will complete the form, compose an email, and send your fee waiver request to your counselor or the university in question.
If you’re familiar with the Common App, you probably noticed that they have a similar feature. As opposed to their tool, DoNotPay’s College Application Fee Waiver is much easier to navigate, requires less work from your and your counselor’s side, and covers any university in the U.S.
With us, you’ll be able to get a fee waiver for any school you’re interested in, including:
- The City University of New York
- Vanderbilt University
- Florida State University
- University of Chicago
- University of Alabama
DoNotPay can help you get three types of fee waivers, regardless of the college you choose:
- New Student Application
- Transfer Student
- Enrollment Deposit
Who’s Eligible To Get a Law School Application Fee Waiver?
Students who aren’t able to pay the HLS application fee can request a fee waiver. If you choose to apply for the LSAC fee waiver, you will probably need to provide your tax report or any other document that proves your family receives financial aid.
Should you decide to apply for a fee waiver directly on the HLS website, the Juris Doctor (J.D.) Admissions Office will check the info you provide to determine if you’re eligible to have your fees waived. Students with serious financial issues should expect to be granted an HLS fee waiver.
If you’re interested in other schools, you can go to their websites and check the requirements. Most universities will ask you to prove that you come from a low-income family. Your guidance counselor should be able to tell you about the requirements of each college and whether you’re eligible to have the fees waived.
Are Other Issues Too Stressful To Handle? Choose DoNotPay and Take a Breather
DoNotPay has a myriad of convenient features that can help you handle any pesky issue. Did you subscribe to services similar to Mathway, Bartleby, and Study Edge but don’t use them a lot? DoNotPay can help you terminate any membership and avoid losing money.
Need to take advantage of free trials on platforms like Grammarly or Turnitin while writing your college essay without being charged afterward? DoNotPay has got your back. Thanks to our virtual credit card, you can register for any service that offers a free trial without the risk of being charged.
To enjoy other tools that we offer, open your account in a web browser, and we will help you:
- Appeal parking tickets
- Handle unpaid bills
- Unsubscribe from any subscription or membership
- Defend yourself from stalkers and harassment
- Apply for various clinical trials all across the U.S.
- Call customer service representatives stress-free
- File a warranty claim
- Contest speeding tickets
- Protect your work against copyright violations
- Report robocalls
- Waive university application fees
- Bring anyone to small claims court
- Block spam emails under two minutes
- Make an appointment with the DMV quickly
- Find and claim your abandoned property
- Get refunds from airlines and request compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Register for services without the need to verify your phone number
- Ask any company for a refund
- Send letters to inmates
- Start free trials risk-free
- Manage problems with credit cards
- Stop text message spam
- Fight traffic tickets