Lyft Lost and Found—Get Your Missing Belongings Back Easily
The most common places people lose their stuff in are public transport vehicles. If you end up missing your phone or wallet after a Lyft ride, you should contact the Lyft lost and found department. Should the process turn out to be complicated, to locate your phone, wallet, or any other valuable item easily.
Lyft doesn’t have a traditional lost and found system or a specific pickup location you can visit, prove the item is yours, and claim it back. If you’ve lost something in a Lyft vehicle, you have two options to retrieve it:
- By contacting the driver
- Getting in touch with customer service (if you lost your phone in a Lyft)
You need to report the missing item via the Lyft app or link in your email ride receipt. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Open the Lyft app
- Click on the photo icon in the top left corner
- Select Ride history
- Choose the ride during which you lost your item
- Navigate to the bottom and select the Find Lost Item option
- Choose between calling or sending a message to your driver
After your ride ends, the option to contact your driver should appear in the next 24 hours. Lyft uses a masked phone number, so the driver won’t see your info.
Once you manage to reach the driver, you should agree with them regarding pickup. You will have to work within their schedule and maybe travel to meet them.
There is also a $15 lost item fee that you’ll be charged. The entire amount goes to the driver as compensation for their time. Feel free to tip the driver more for helping you out.
If you are a Lyft Pink member, you won’t be charged a return fee.
If you lost the phone connected to your account or can't get in touch with your driver, you must contact customer service. Here is what you need to do:
- Visit the Lyft website
- Open the Lost & Found page
- Click on Contact Us link
- Answer the questions in the form
- Provide the following information:
- Description of the lost item
- Contact number and email
- Time and date when you lost the item
- Your drop off location
- Your seat in the vehicle
- Driver’s name
- Click on Submit
Lyft will contact you via email if they manage to find the lost item. You can also call customer service at (855) 865-9553, but the waiting time tends to be long.
You don’t have to bother contacting customer support, waiting in phone lines, and sending emails back and forth—DoNotPay can handle everything on your behalf! Our app will check every place you’ve visited, including:
- Train stations
- Public transportation
To save yourself some time and energy, you only need to:
- Select the Find My Lost Items product
- Provide a detailed description of the missing item or upload a photo if possible
- Tell us when was the last time you saw the missing object
If the lost item is found, we will let you know right away. DoNotPay will also inform you how to collect the lost object.
It doesn’t matter what you lost or where you lost it because DoNotPay can search for your belongings in your stead. The situation is pretty stressful, so don’t hesitate to ask for help. Check out our helpful guides in the following table:
|Lost Phones From Different Operators and Manufacturers
|Different Types of Objects
You are never in complete control of keeping your items safe, but there are some preventive measures you can take. To avoid losing objects in public transport and get them back as soon as possible, you should:
- Hold your bag in your lap—This should prevent you from leaving it on the seat next to you if you are in a hurry
- Keep your phone in your hands while in the car—It will ensure you don’t forget it when leaving the vehicle
- Do not put your phone on silent mode during the ride—If your phone slipped behind the seat, the driver wouldn’t notice it easily. If you call yourself, they should be able to hear it and act immediately
Our app is adept at solving numerous issues and completing various tasks in your stead.
Through the same app, you’ll be able to skip many bureaucratic hurdles. Here are more tasks DoNotPay can help you with:
- Requesting a refund for:
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Claiming your insurance or warranty
- Drawing up legal documents, such as:
- Child travel consent forms
- Defamation demand letters
- Financial aid appeal letters
If your friend or family member is in jail, we can help you locate them and send and receive letters with ease. Do you need to send other letters but hate going to the post office? You can use our Mailing Service product and save time.