How To Find an AT&T Lost Phone Hassle-Free
Whether you lost your AT&T phone in an Uber, Metro Transit, MTA, Lyft, or any other place, searching for it is both time-consuming and stressful. That’s why DoNotPay has prepared a guide to help you find your AT&T lost phone as effortlessly as possible! Sign up for our app and learn how to find any lost items—including car keys or a wallet—with a few clicks.
In case your AT&T phone is lost, or you think it’s stolen, you have a few ways to go about the problem. You can try:
- Looking for your device via GPS
- Searching for the device yourself
- Contacting the authorities
- Subscribing to DoNotPay
Most devices have inbuilt GPS tracking system services that you can use to locate your lost phone. You’ll have to follow different steps, depending on the device you’re using, as follows:
- iPhone—to find any Apple device, you need to:
- Enable Location Services
- Open any browser
- Go to icloud.com/find
- Use your Apple ID to log in
- Open the Find My app, which is built into your device
- Locate your device on the map
- Android—finding your Android device requires you to:
- Go to Settings
- Find Google services
- Open Security
- Activate Remotely Locate This Device tool
- Sign in
- Find your lost phone on the list
- Microsoft phone—to find your Microsoft phone, visit the official website and:
- Sign in
- Locate the Find My Device tab
- Select the device you’re looking for
- Click on Find
- Locate your phone on the map
Want to try looking for the device on your own? This solution requires a lot of time and effort because you have to:
- Turn your house or car upside down
- Retrace your steps to remember where you had used your phone last and search for it there
- Dial your phone from another device
If you can’t locate your device, you should contact the authorities. Go to the police station and provide all the details about your phone, such as the manufacturer’s name and your number. They’ll try to find the device and see if someone else found it and handed it in.
Don’t want to waste time using your GPS tracker or contacting the police to find your lost AT&T phone? Subscribe to DoNotPay and locate your device in no time! To use our AI-powered app, you only need to complete a few steps, as follows:
- Select the Find My Lost Items tool
- Provide us with a detailed description of your device and proof that it belongs to you
- Add any photos of the phone (if possible) and write the date and time you lost your phone
- Tell us where you last saw the phone
Upon receiving your request, we’ll contact the specified location in your stead and help you look for the phone. We’ll notify you if and when your device is found so you can pick it up or receive it via delivery.
DoNotPay can also help you find your lost items at numerous locations, such as:
|Carnival Cruises||Disney World||Budget|
If your AT&T phone is nowhere to be found, you can file an insurance claim and get a replacement device. To see whether your device is covered by an AT&T protection plan, you need to:
- Go to the Insurance and warranty section on AT&T’s website
- Sign in
- Select your device
If the status says Delivered, your device is enrolled in a protection plan, and you can file an insurance claim.
You can file an AT&T lost phone insurance claim in two ways:
- Online—To file an AT&T insurance claim online, you need to visit the phoneclaim.com/att website, click on Get Started, and follow the instructions
- Via phone—Dial 888 562 8662 and provide your information and explain your issue to the customer care representative. The AT&T customer service team works from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekends
You must file the claim no later than 60 days since your device went missing. You should receive the replacement device a day after completing the form (on a weekday). Note that you’ll have to pay the shipping fees.
Want to suspend and block service on a lost AT&T phone? Here’s how to do it:
- Sign in to your AT&T account
- Go to My Device
- Click on Report a Lost or Stolen Device
- Follow the prompts on your device
If you’re on a tight budget and have trouble covering your bills, there are a few things we can do for you. DoNotPay is a great tool to both earn and save money.
If you or a family member is a student, you can use our app to search and apply for scholarships and request a college fee waiver. In case your financial aid application is rejected or the university offers little, we can help you file an appeal. Education can be expensive on all levels, so you may consider homeschooling your child.
Is your property tax bill through the roof? Discover ways to lower your property taxes with DoNotPay.
DoNotPay is a versatile app, helping users handle tasks and issues while saving time and money.