RTD Lost and Found—The Easiest Way To Locate a Missing Item
Losing any of your belongings is never good, but it’s always better if you remember when you saw the object last. If you recall seeing your wallet or keys in one of the Regional Transportation District (RTD) vehicles, there are ways to find them. DoNotPay will let you know how to contact the RTD Lost and Found department and get your item back.
The RTD cannot contact train operators, Free MallRide, or Free MetroRide operators. They can only get in touch with bus operators. You can contact RTD customer care service in case you lost the following items:
- Personal documentation
- Medical supplies/device
There are two ways to get in touch with RTD customer service:
- Over the phone
- Via an online form
You can get in touch with RTD Lost and Found customer service by following these steps:
- Call 303-299-6000
- Explain the reason for calling
- Provide the customer service rep with the requested info (item description, service details, etc.)
- Follow the instructions for picking up the item if they manage to locate it
RTD customer service is available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
RTD allows you to report a lost item by completing an online form on the company’s website. Here are the numerous steps you should follow:
- Visit the RTD website
- Navigate to the customer service online form
- Select the Lost and Found option
- Enter the details you remember:
- Date of occurrence
- Time of occurrence
- Route number
- Direction of travel
- Vehicle number
- Driver’s name
- Type in what kind of item you’ve lost
- Enter a detailed description of the item
- Enter your contact information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Click on Submit Your Comment
RTD clearly states that the company is not responsible for lost items but will try to help owners with finding them. Lost things are retained for at least seven days before being destroyed or donated to charity. Depending on where the objects are found, they are sent to a specific location. Check out the following table for further info:
|Objects Found In
|Denver Metro routes
|Civic Center Station
Denver, CO 80202
|7 a.m.–6:30 p.m., from Monday to Friday
|Downtown Boulder Station
|1400 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302
|7 a.m.–6:30 p.m., from Monday to Friday
The only exception to the delivery days are bikes lost in Denver Metro routes—they are delivered to Civic Center Station on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, except RTD holidays.
Even though RTD leaves you with a seven-day window to pick up a lost item before they destroy it or donate to charity, there are objects they throw away immediately. These are the items RTD will dispose of right away:
- Food and beverages
- Containers and lunch bags in poor condition
- Toiletries, including make-up, combs, brushes, toothbrushes, etc.
- Electronic items in poor condition, such as headphones, batteries, and CDs without cases
- Clothing items, such as single gloves, undergarments, smelly things, and similar
- Camping items in bad condition, such as tarps, pillows, blankets, and sleeping bags
- Other random objects, such as:
- Small plastic toys
- Backpacks and bags that are empty or in poor condition
- Used baby bottles
- Bikes missing tires
- Unidentifiable loose papers
- Empty eyeglass cases
- Pipes and tobacco gear
If you don’t want to bother with talking to customer service reps and waiting on hold for hours, you should let DoNotPay find your object. Our app will handle all the dirty work and let you know if the item is located as soon as possible.
Here is what you should do:
- Choose the Find My Lost Items product
- Describe the item you lost in detail or upload a photo of it
- Inform us of the approximate time you lost the item
If the missing object is found, you can expect a notification from DoNotPay about how to claim it.
If you , you’ll be able to track and claim anything you lost without stress. Refer to the table below for more information on what we can help you with:
|Items We Can Help You Find
|Locations We Can Help You Search At
You don’t have to deal with bureaucratic tasks on your own! DoNotPay is here to help you cancel your memberships, appeal parking tickets, discover unclaimed funds, and get any document notarized online.
We can also assist you in drawing up and sending out the following documents:
- Letter of intent to homeschool
- Financial aid appeal letter
- Anonymous HR complaint
- Demand letter to unban your account
- Neighbor complaint
Staying anonymous is almost impossible these days, but with DoNotPay’s help, your contact and payment details will remain private.
Thanks to our Burner Phone product, you’ll be able to keep your phone number to yourself and get a temporary one you can use when you register on various platforms.
If you want to avoid getting charged and revealing your personal info when signing up for free trials, we can help you kill two birds with one stone. Get our multifunctional virtual credit card and skip submitting your name, email address, and payment details.
With our app, you can also handle stalkers and harassers, fight workplace discrimination, and block spam.