League Account Suspended—Everything You Need To Know
If you recently had your League account suspended, you must have a lot of questions about it. Can you appeal the suspension? Why were you banned for no reason provided? If you got your League account suspended, this guide will help you figure out if you can recover it or not. You will also learn about the easiest and fastest solution for getting unbanned using DoNotPay.
- Chat restriction for three days
- Chat restriction for seven days
- 14-day suspension
- Permanent suspension
The penalties are usually issued in that order. Chat restrictions mean that the number of in-game messages you can send is limited until the penalty expires. Repeated violations may result in a 14-day suspension and a permanent suspension eventually.
With every penalty, you are given evidence of what went wrong with your previous and current suspensions. Depending on the severity of the offenses, you can get a temporary suspension without previous chat restrictions or get an instant permanent ban.
These are the most common reasons for getting your LoL account suspended:
- Unacceptable behavior
- Financial disputes
- Undermined security
A user can get suspended due to behavior that goes against the Riot Games terms of service. The League of Legends community can report fellow players for disruptive conduct through the Instant Feedback System.
This results in investigation and penalties if deserved. These are the most common examples of unacceptable behavior that can get your account suspended:
- Harassing other users
- Making offensive remarks to other players during the game
- Spamming the chat room
- Boosting your Matchmaking Rating (MMR)
Suspensions that fall under this category are difficult to lift, especially if the suspension reason is legitimate.
Your account can get suspended due to chargebacks or illegitimate transactions. The type of suspension due to payment issues may vary from one case to another, depending on the violated policy. You have to seek more details about your specific situation by contacting the support team.
To avoid future suspensions due to financial disputes, remember the following:
- Ensure you have sufficient funds or credits before purchasing items in the Riot’s store
- Buy Riot Points (RP) from Riot Games only—avoid third-party sellers
- Don’t purchase anything without permission from the cardholder
- Don’t make several purchase attempts if they are declined
Although penalties in this category vary from case to case, it is possible to get further information about your particular situation and get unsuspended by contacting customer support.
To avoid future bans under this category, keep this in mind:
- Don’t share your password with anyone
- Avoid clicking on suspicious or phishing links
- Avoid buying, selling, or sharing accounts
Note that you may not get help from the customer support team if you aren’t the original account owner in case of suspension in this category.
Riot Games permanent bans are possible but can rarely catch you by surprise. This means that before your account is permanently banned, you have:
- Received evidence—chat logs, for example—that prompted your previous and current ban
- Been banned before for inappropriate conduct
- Been informed that further inappropriate behavior would result in a permanent ban
Depending on the severity of the offense, it’s possible to get permanently banned without prior warnings or restrictions. When an account is permanently banned, you can't use it to play the game anymore. It’s difficult to get unbanned from permanent bans that resulted from the Instant Feedback System or any other ban that is not a mistake.
Riot Games uses an Instant Feedback System to gather information on any inappropriate conduct by the players of League of Legends. The system is not flawless, and a player may at times get an undeserved penalty.
In such cases, users are allowed to appeal the ban or suspension. If the penalty is legitimate, the chances of the suspension being lifted are low. If you had your League account suspended, follow these steps to send a request:
- Visit Riot Games Support page
- Click League Of Legends
- Scroll down and click Submit a ticket
- Choose Discuss a Personal Suspension, Ban, or Restriction under Choose a request type
- Check the box to confirm your agreement with the statement
- Type something under Subject, for instance, suspension appeal
- Describe the issue under Description
- Select the appropriate reason under Do you know why your account was restricted or suspended
- Choose No under Have you shared this account with anybody else
- Skip the check box for I am happy to share my support ticket with other players
- Add any relevant attachments
- Click Submit
Note that you must be logged in to submit your appeal. When explaining why your account should be unsuspended, don’t use the excuse of someone else using your account at the time of the ban. Remember that you are responsible for any unacceptable behavior that is traced back to your account.
Appealing a suspension is not like pressing an automatic unban button. The quality of the appeal request you submit influences the company’s verdict.
That is where most people get it wrong. If your suspension can be appealed, you should present a strong case. If you need help with drafting a strong appeal letter, turn to DoNotPay.
All you need to do is:
- Subscribe to DoNotPay
- Find the Unban Gaming Account tool
- Provide answers to a few questions
- Click Sign and Submit
DoNotPay will automatically draft your custom letter and send it to Riot Games for you. The letter gives the company a two-week deadline to inform you of its decision. If you believe that you got suspended due to your religion, race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status, we will help you fight back.
If you are having suspension or ban issues on other platforms, you can use our Unban My Account product to recover your accounts on your own schedule. Note that DoNotPay helps you appeal the original ban or suspension. If you have sent your request and received a negative response, appealing again won’t do much.
Check out the following guides and learn how to solve other ban or suspension issues:
DoNotPay can support you through various burdensome procedures and turn them into a breeze! Here’s a table showing a tiny part of our extensive offer:
|Create various documents|
|Protect your safety and privacy|
|Get your money back|
Don’t bother going through complicated tasks alone—we are here to take care of them! Seek our help if you want to get in touch with customer service instantly, fax anyone online, or get your documents notarized. Besides providing these amazing services, DoNotPay can make preparations for your travel adventures by assisting you in getting passport photos at home and obtaining tourist visas.