A Guide to Performing an HP Warranty Check
All HP devices have a standard one-year manufacturer’s warranty that protects them against workmanship and material faults. If a defect or damage occurs, the first step is checking whether your item is still under warranty so that you can calculate your next steps.
If you aren’t sure what the best way to perform a warranty check is, this mini-guide will show you how to do it. We will also provide you with some handy tips for raising any warranty claim, be it a car, home, laptop, appliance, or extended used car warranty.
Possible Ways To Check Your HP Warranty Status
To perform a warranty check for any HP device, you need to find its unique serial number. Most products have a code sticker or a laser-engraved number on their surface. If you don’t see the serial code on your device, check the product’s battery surface or proof of purchase.
You can find out whether your warranty is still active by:
- Performing a check on the HP warranty support website
- Using HP Support Assistant
Performing a Check via HP Support Warranty Checker
Here’s how you can check your HP warranty status using a tool on the official HP support page:
- Navigate to the support page
- Click on Check Warranty Status
- Enter your country and the serial number of the faulty product
- Hit the Check Warranty button
Performing a Check via HP Support Assistant App
Another way is to perform a warranty check by using HP Support Assistant. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Run the app on your smartphone
- Click on the Warranty and Service Contracts to see the current status of your warranty
Raising an HP Warranty Claim Is Easier Than Ever With DoNotPay
Skip exhausting claiming procedures, and let DoNotPay handle your warranty issue! Our app will claim any warranty in your stead by sending a claim letter to the manufacturer.
Here’s what this procedure looks like:
- Open DoNotPay in any web browser
- Choose Claim Warranty and click on Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Type the name of the manufacturer and the rest of the necessary details
- Specify what kind of issue you are experiencing
No warranty details? We will use implied warranty laws to make a claim. The company will get in touch with you to discuss the repair as soon as they process your request.
How Can You Claim HP Warranty by Yourself?
If the defective device is still under warranty, you can raise a claim via:
Claiming HP Warranty via Phone
To claim your warranty over the phone, do the following:
- Call (800) 474-6836 and request a repair
- Disclose the necessary details, such as the serial number, exact device model, or your operating system information
Claiming HP Warranty via Chat
The official HP website doesn’t offer a live chat service, but you can use a chatbot to raise a claim and schedule a repair. Here’s how you can do it:
- Navigate to the Contact HP page
- Pick the Virtual Agent option
- Click on Warranty or Repairs
- Pick Repair
|Can You Claim Your Warranty Via||Yes/No|
Is It Possible To Appeal a Denied HP Warranty Claim With DoNotPay?
If the company wrongs you by denying your warranty claim, you can still fight for the service you paid for by filing an appeal with DoNotPay. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Open DoNotPay and pick Claim Warranty
- Choose Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Select Product Manufacturer
- Submit your rejected warranty claim
We will create an appeal letter in your name and send it to HP. The company will reconsider its decision and inform you about the outcome shortly.
How Long Will You Have To Wait for Your Device To Get Fixed?
HP technicians usually need five to ten business days to repair the faulty item. It may take longer if they need to order additional parts.
Let DoNotPay Do Other Administrative Tasks for You
If you hate paperwork, our app can teach you how to deal with numerous day-to-day administrative challenges. All you should do is visit our platform in your web browser and see what we have to say about:
- Tackling any credit card issue
- Applying for different clinical trials in your vicinity
- Stopping spam emails forever
- Filing and appealing warranty claims
- Demanding refunds or chargebacks from different companies quickly
- Challenging your traffic tickets
- Passing any government-issued test with ease
- Protecting yourself and others you care for from stalking and harassment
- Requesting a refund and compensation for a delayed or canceled flight
- Locating any unclaimed assets you may have
- Getting rid of spam text messages for good
- Blocking irritating robocalls
- Filing lawsuits in small claims court
- Requesting college application fee waivers in no time
- Keeping your work safe from copyright infringement
- Fighting your parking tickets
- Applying for free trials without revealing your credit card info
- Managing bills that are too high to cover
- Putting an end to any of your subscriptions or memberships
- Bypassing phone number verification when registering for any service
- Making an appointment with the DMV fast and easy
- Locating and getting in touch with your loved ones in prison
- Appealing your speeding citations
- Claiming any insurance in no time
- Contacting customer service of any company over the phone without trouble