Claiming HP Extended Warranty—A Step-By-Step Guide
For those familiar with consumer technology, Hewlett-Packard (HP) needs no introduction. The Silicon Valley-based company is best known for its laptops and printers. It also makes:
- Desktop computers
- Business PCs
- Ink and toner cartridges
- Docking stations
- Mice and keyboards
HP Warranty Extension—What’s Included
HP products come with a manufacturer warranty, ranging from 90 days to a lifetime. Most laptop warranties offer coverage from one to three years, depending on the model.
Customers can also purchase additional coverage plans, called Care Packs, for their laptops, desktop PCs, and printers. These plans can be :
- In-warranty—carrying additional coverage for the period during the factory warranty
- Post-warranty—coming into force after the factory warranty expires
Take a look at the table for an in-depth overview.
|Warranty Plan||Duration||What It Covers|
|In-warranty coverage||Two or three years||
|Post-warranty coverage||One year||Same as the factory warranty|
Go to HP’s website to research available options for your device or visit the online store to browse through available plans. Be aware that you can purchase post-warranty coverage up to 90 days before and within 30 days after your factory warranty expires!
How To Claim HP Extended Warranty on Your Own
There are four different ways to claim a warranty for your HP device:
- Using Live Chat function on HP’s website
- Reaching out to HP’s customer service on Facebook or Twitter
- Calling customer service
- Contacting an authorized service center
Before claiming your warranty, check the product’s documentation for coverage details. Make sure you have your product’s serial number with you.
Claiming Warranty on Live Chat
You can use the chatbot service on HP’s website anytime to claim a warranty. The virtual agent should offer you different options to choose from.
Messaging HP’s Social Media Pages
Calling Customer Service
If you prefer talking to a customer service representative over the phone, you can call 1-800-474-6836 to claim a warranty for your HP product.
Calling a Service Center
HP’s Contact Support Page provides resources to diagnose and try to repair common issues remotely. If that fails, you can contact a nearby service center and schedule an appointment. Do the following:
- Visit the service center search page
- Enter your zip code
- The results should show service centers near you, including their phone numbers
- Call a service center to claim a warranty
Keep It Simple and Claim Extended HP Warranty with DoNotPay
The easiest method available for filing warranty claims is via DoNotPay. Skip composing emails, trying to understand exhausting warranty procedures, and explaining your issue to customer service reps. Whether you want to claim a warranty for your car, home, or laptop, we can help you do it in a few easy steps!
Here is how you can use DoNotPay:
- Sign up in your
- Choose to Claim Warranty
- Select Warranty on a Purchased Item
- Type in the necessary details about your product and the issue you’re experiencing
- Click Submit
Once we submit your claim to HP, the company should contact you directly regarding your case.
DoNotPay Helps You Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
Don’t give up on seeking the service you’re entitled to if HP denies your initial warranty claim. DoNotPay can help you with the appeal!
The process is straightforward:
- Visit DoNotPay in your
- Access the Claim Warranty functionality
- Select Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim
- Indicate that you’re appealing a warranty rejection from the product manufacturer
- Enter information about HP and your original warranty claim
DoNotPay will compose and send an appeal letter to HP on your behalf. The company should reach out to you directly with a follow-up.
DoNotPay Offers So Much More
DoNotPay is far from a one-trick pony. The world’s first robot lawyer can claim warranties for your Asus, Acer, Apple, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, or Lenovo devices! We have designed a virtual sidekick that can step in to make bureaucratic issues easier to resolve.
Claiming extended warranties for used cars or canceling them if your dealer refuses to are undemanding tasks when you resort to DoNotPay! Read our extensive home warranty reviews and find the best home warranty in America!
Access DoNotPay from your and take advantage of our functionalities to:
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Reduce waiting time to talk to customer service reps
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Get refunds from companies
- Obtain refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Claim any warranty
- File insurance claims
- Resolve issues with credit cards
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Request college application fee waivers
- Nail mandatory government tests
- Contest speeding tickets
- Get even with robocallers
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Contest parking tickets
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Sign up for free trials without the risk of getting charged
- Free yourself from spam emails for good
- Block text spam forever
- Apply for clinical trials
- Get in touch with your incarcerated friends or family
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Find any unclaimed funds that belong to you