Dick’s Return Policy—Step-by-Step Guide to Hassle-Free Returns
Dick’s Sporting Goods aims to provide its customers with nothing but the best. In case you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, Dick’s return policy seems quite generous and liberal. You can either return unwanted Dick’s merchandise on your own or let DoNotPay do it in your stead.
We will walk you through the terms and conditions of the company’s standard return policy and all the changes Dick’s introduced in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The company’s general return policy stipulates that customers can return items within 60 days of purchase, either by mail or in a store. All items must be unworn, unwashed, and undamaged to be eligible for a refund or exchange.
To help minimize the spread of COVID-19, Dick’s has extended its return window to 90 days for most products. Golf Galaxy return policy, along with Calia and Field & Stream policies, are subject to the same return updates.
Dick’s Sporting Goods Warehouse locations offer a 30-day return policy on most products. Due to the pandemic, some of Dick’s stores may be temporarily closed. The company now offers contactless curbside returns for items purchased in-store or online.
Dick’s return policy varies depending on the type of product. The following exclusions and restrictions apply:
There are several ways you can start the return process:
|Can You Demand Return Via?||Yes/No|
|In person||Yes (to select locations due to COVID-19)|
Once you initiated the return, you can complete the process by:
- Visiting a store (Curbside returns)
- Mailing your return
The company currently accepts returns only at select locations with a receipt or order number. Products can be returned in store or via contactless curbside return. Dick’s accepts curbside returns only for items bought with a debit or credit card. If you wish to return items in a store, you’ll have to:
- Visit Dick’s Return Policy page
- Scroll down and choose In-Store Return
- Enter the 11-Digit Order Number and Billing Zip Code in the dedicated fields
- Download the Proof of Purchase Barcode (or use your order confirmation email)
- Take your item(s) to the nearest Dick’s location
- Once you reached your destination, call the store phone number and dial 0 to speak to a representative
- Read your receipt or order number, and a representative will come to assist you
- Stay in your vehicle for a contactless experience
Dick’s offers free returns by mail for most products. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- Select Mail In Returns from Dick’s Return Policy page
- Enter your 11-Digit Order Number and Billing Zip Code
- Download the printable return label
- Mail the products to the return department address found on the return label while following the specific instructions from the packing slip
Note that shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
If you no longer have the original receipt, don’t hesitate to reach out to Dick’s customer service. To do so, you can:
- Call 1-877-846-9997
- Chat with a representative online
If available, a copy of your receipt will be sent to you. Returns without a receipt are eligible only for store credit for the lowest selling price of that particular product. When returning the item, you must present a valid ID. Dick’s keeps the right to deny returns.
As if returns weren’t complicated enough, COVID-19 has made things even worse. Despite Dick’s efforts to keep everyone safe and offer an easy return procedure, you might have a tough time making sense of how Dick’s return policy works.
Spare yourself the headache and let DoNotPay handle the return for you. We will:
- Inform Dick’s about the cause of your return
- Let them know whether you want a refund or an exchange
- Ensure you get your refund or exchange in the shortest possible time by setting a deadline
All you need to do is:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select our Item Return Request feature
- Enter the details about your purchase
If you need help returning products to other companies, here are our handy guides:
|Guitar Center||Sam’s Club||Lulus|
DoNotPay is known for being the champion of customer advocacy because we help our users claim what’s rightfully theirs, and we don’t tolerate big corporations taking people’s hard-earned money.
If you feel like you’re overpaying certain subscription services, we can help you cancel them. Also, if you want to test a subscription before you start paying money for it, don’t connect your credit card to the free trial page! You can sign up for free trials using our virtual credit card. That way, companies won’t be able to charge you auto-renewal fees because the card has no funds.
DoNotPay has many different areas of expertise—helping you return your faulty items is only one of them.
Check out how our app can assist you in:
- Getting compensation for victims of crime
- Protecting your work from copycats
- Fighting workplace discrimination
- Getting access to public records
- Getting free raffle tickets
- Fighting noisy neighbors