No Misery in Missouri—Get a Notary Public in Springfield, MO, Fast!
Having documents notarized is not as uncommon as it may seem. It also doesn’t have to be as demanding and time-consuming as it used to be. New notarization methods—such as online notary services—make the process more simple and approachable.
Don’t know where to start looking for a notary in Missouri? Don’t fret—we are at your disposal!
to learn how to get a document notarized, determine which notarization option is the best for you, and find a public notary in Springfield, MO, before you can say Show Me!
What Does a Notary in Springfield, MO, Do?
A notary in Springfield can perform the following notarial acts:
- Attest signatures on contracts and legal documents, such as:
- Verifications on oaths or affirmations
- Bills of exchange
- Certify copies of documents
- Execute jurats
The following table shows what you can expect when you notarize a document in Springfield, Missouri:
|What Does a Notary Have To Do?||
|Verify your identity||The notary requires some form of identification—usually an ID—from everybody signing the document. You should bring an ID, passport, or driver’s license when getting your documents notarized|
|Make sure you are signing the document willingly||To make sure there is no coercion, the notary will ask you to confirm you understand and agree to the content of the document|
|Confirm that you are of sound mind||The notary has to confirm you are not under the influence or mentally unstable|
|Attest the signing||The notary must watch you sign the document|
|Notarize the document||The notary has to put the seal and a signature on your document|
Where To Find a Notary Public in Springfield, MO
There is no need to go through a phone book to find a notary in your vicinity—you can do it online. There are now websites specially designed to help people find the nearest notary services—you only have to provide your location.
The most popular platforms for finding notary services include:
If you are not the web-browsing kind, you can take a stroll through the city and find a public notary in some of these public spaces:
- AAA locations
- City clerk offices
- Public libraries
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Insurance agencies
- Real estate agencies
- Tax service offices
- Banks, including Wells Fargo and Bank of America
Springfield, MO, Notarization Process Explained
If you opt for the traditional way to notarize your documents, you will have to:
- Make an appointment
- Collect the documents
- Bring an identification document, like an ID, passport, or driver’s license
- Confirm that:
- You are aware of what you are singing
- There is no coercion of any kind
- You are not under the influence of alcohol or substances
- You are mentally stable
- Pay the notary fees
- Sign the documents with the notary present
- Wait for the notary to stamp and put a signature
What Are the Non-Traditional Ways To Notarize a Document in Missouri?
If the standard notarization process seems tedious and time-wasting, there is some good news! You can now opt for a different, less cumbersome notarization method, such as:
- Mobile notary—If the situation requires, you can find a mobile notary in Springfield, Missouri, that will come to your house. These notary services usually cost more because there are travel expenses included
- Remote notary—As of August 28, 2020, notaries in Missouri can sign up to carry out remote online notarizations (RON). Notaries perform RON by exchanging documents and communicating with signers via approved online platforms
- Electronic notary—E-notarization is a great option for anyone who needs to notarize a contract or legal document that is in electronic form. This method of notarizing requires the signer and notary to be at the same place during the notarization
Stop the Search—DoNotPay Can Find a Notary in Springfield, MO, in a Jiffy!
Finding an online notary used to be a problem in the past, but now you can rely on one platform to do everything for you. The world’s best virtual assistant—DoNotPay—has a practical service that helps you locate notary services within minutes!
How does the Notarize Any Document service work? When you opt for our service, we work on finding notaries in your area and help you schedule appointments. How can you use the service? Easily—, and follow these steps:
- Locate the Notarize Any Document feature
- Upload the document you need to notarize
- Enter your email address
- Open the link we will send to your email address
By clicking on the link, you will be able to choose the date, time, and place of the appointment with the notary.
And that’s not even half of it! Our fantastic features minimize the time and hassle that usually comes with administration. You can use our:
- Online Fax service to send your confidential documents
- Standardized Legal Documents tool to draw up numerous contracts and agreements
Keep Your Money Safe With DoNotPay
DoNotPay Is a Time-Saving App
DoNotPay helps you sort out these tasks and much more in only a few clicks.
Get your revenge on robocallers, report text scammers, find validated clinical trials, claim your warranties, get in touch with your loved ones in prison, and protect your creative content—all in less than five minutes.
No more hours-long phone calls, emails, or in-person visits.