Can You Get Documents Notarized Without Visiting a Notary in Downtown Los Angeles?
You don’t have to go through all the trouble of scheduling appointments and visiting notaries’ offices every time you need a notary’s signature on a document. By using an online notary service, you will be able to get documents notarized from the comfort of your home. Even though not all states allow online notarization, there is a legal loophole.
to learn how notarization works in California and whether it’s possible without visiting a notary in Downtown Los Angeles!
What Is a Los Angeles Notary Authorized To Do?
Many documents require notarization. Wills, deeds, affidavits, and translations are only the most common ones. The notary’s part in preventing potential fraud and confirming the document's legitimacy is witnessing the signing and providing their stamp and signature.
A notary can perform the following notarial acts:
- Execute jurats
- Administer oaths or affirmations
- Certify copies of documents
- Take acknowledgments, statutory declarations, and verifications on oath or affirmation
- Protest notes and bills of exchange
What Does the Standard Notarization in L.A. Include?
Once you find a notary in Downtown Los Angeles and go to the scheduled meeting, the notary has to:
- Verify your identity by checking your ID, passport, or driver’s license
- Make sure you are aware of the document’s content
- Check if you are signing the document willingly and if you are of sound mind
- Witness the signing
- Put a stamp on the document and insert their signature
Other Types of Notary Services in Downtown L.A.
Aside from regular notaries, you can get your documents notarized using these notary services in Downtown Los Angeles:
- Mobile notary—Mobile notaries perform their services at a location of your choice. Because of travel expenses, they charge higher fees
- Electronic notary—Notaries public in California are allowed to perform notarization of electronic documents, provided that they meet other requirements of traditional notarization, such as conducting notarization in person
- Notary signing agents—Besides providing notary services, these officials also guide you through the entire process of handling mortgage loan documents
Remote online notarization (RON) is the most convenient way of having documents notarized—especially during difficult times, such as the COVID-19 epidemic—but the state of California still does not allow it. Luckily, you can circumvent that obstacle by choosing an out-of-state notary, and DoNotPay can help you with that!
How does out-of-state notarization work? By using an online notary app, such as DoNotPay, you can choose an online notary from one of the states that allow RON and have them notarize your documents during a live video call. The notarization done according to their state’s rules and regulations will be valid in the State of California as well.
Popular Ways of Finding a Notary in Downtown L.A.
In case you want to search for a notary on your own, you can try your luck online. There are also public places in Downtown Los Angeles that offer notary services. We did a research for you and selected the most popular options that you can find in the following table:
|Online Platforms||Public Places in Downtown L.A.|
Notary Fees in Downtown Los Angeles
Notarization fee caps are usually established by the state. California maximum notary fees are the same across the state, including Los Angeles, and they look like this:
|Notarial Service||Maximum Fee|
|Oath administration to the witness||$7|
|Data entering on immigration forms||$15|
|Notary service on immigration forms||$15|
Have DoNotPay Find a Notary for You
Choosing a notary in your vicinity can be a burdensome task. What is even more annoying is having to head out to their office and wait to have paperwork notarized.
With online notaries, you can be done with this task faster and more conveniently, and the best way to find an online notary is with DoNotPay.
Our convenient Notarize Any Document product helps you set up an appointment with a notary in five simple steps:
- Choose the Notarize Any Document tool
- Upload the document that needs notarization
- Provide your email address
- Wait for the email we will send to your inbox
In our email, you can find a link which you should follow to confirm your virtual appointment with a notary.
Why Is DoNotPay the Best Administrative Assistant?
What makes DoNotPay stand out is the fact that you can perform other aperwork-related tasks for the same budget-friendly price!
You can use the Standardized Legal Documents service to create numerous legal documents, including:
- General Affidavit
- Promissory Note
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Lease Agreement
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
- Estoppel Certificate
- Bill of Sale
- Quitclaim Deed
- Non-Compete Agreement
- LLC Operating Agreement
- General Business Contract
- Child Care Authorization Form
- Prenuptial Agreement
- Parenting Plan (Child Custody Agreement)
Once you have your document, you can use our Online Fax tool to send it to another party or a notary.
DoNotPay Is an Ultimate Money-Saving Assistant
Our app can help you manage bills that are too high to pay, but there are plenty of other money-saving possibilities out there we can help you with.
We can also help you get your college application fees waived, file any insurance or warranty claims, locate unclaimed funds in your name, or earn some extra cash from paid clinical trials in your area.
No More Risky Free Trials With DoNotPay
With our virtual credit card, you can sign up for any service without worrying about unwanted charges. DoNotPay will even provide you with a random email address, which will help keep your inbox clean from spammy emails from the company.