With DoNotPay, Getting a Modern Warfare Refund Has Never Been Easier!
When Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was released in 2019, it broke several records. This first-person shooter, developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision, earned more than $600 million in the first three days of release. It holds the record of the best digital opening in Activision’s history and the highest-selling game in the franchise among the current console generation.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a reboot of the Modern Warfare sub-series, and it is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
How to Get a Refund for Modern Warfare on Your PC?
Options for Requesting Refunds
The gamers who enjoy playing war in different campaigns set in the present time on their PCs have two options for purchasing the game:
- Battle.net (owned by Blizzard)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Refund on Battle.net
Battle.net is an online gaming platform owned by Activision Blizzard, the company that made the game. Besides Modern Warfare, it is immensely popular as a platform for playing World of Warcraft, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, which has taken the world by storm. While getting a refund from Blizzard is no easy feat, it seems that they made a small exception for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Here’s what you need to do if you purchased the game for your PC on Battle.net:
- Open Battle.net’s Support page
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, located in Partner Games section
- Click Payments
- Select I would rather categorize the issue, and then click on Payments
- Choose Refunds in the pop-up menu
- Choose the reason for your refund request and finalize the process
While not impossible, getting a refund on Battle.net comes with strict requirements. You will be considered eligible for getting your money back only if you haven’t played the game and if you submit your request within three days from the date of purchase.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Refund on Steam
With 95 million active monthly users, Steam is a giant in the world of PC gaming and a likely choice when you’re considering places to buy games for your computer. Their refund policy is more generous compared to Battle.net. You will be eligible for a refund for COD: Modern Warfare if you meet these two requirements:
- A refund request is submitted within two weeks after the purchase
- You didn’t exceed two hours of playtime
If it’s not too late, asking for a refund on Steam is possible through their website:
- Open the Steam Help page
- Log in using your email address and password
- Select A Purchase under What do you need help with, (your profile name),
- Find Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in the list and click on it
- Choose the reason for your refund request
- Select I’d like to request a refund
- Complete the request form and select your preferred payment method
Processing your refund request shouldn’t take more than ten business days, and the money will be returned to the original payment method or your Steam Wallet.
How to Get a Refund for Modern Warfare on Your PlayStation 4?
For all console gamers, PlayStation 4 is one of the most popular choices. If you prefer to play Modern Warfare on your PS4, you probably purchased it on PlayStation Store. PlayStation refunds work similarly to Steam refunds because you have 14 days to change your mind. There’s one big difference, though—if you downloaded the game to your PS4 console after purchase, your refund rights are void. PSN Customer Support will acknowledge refund requests for played games only if the game is malfunctioning.
If you’re experiencing technical problems with your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game or you just changed your mind, and you’re still within the refund window, ask for a refund through chat on PlayStation support page. Here’s what you should do:
- Prepare your PSN ID, date of birth, and the email address linked to your account
- Select Request a refund
- Select Refund Chatbot
- Choose New refund request when the new window opens
- Answer the chatbot’s question, and you will be connected to a live agent who decides whether you qualify for a refund or not
If your request gets approved, your money will show up on your initial payment method’s account or in your PSN wallet, usually within several days.
How to Get a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Refund on Your Xbox One?
If you play for the Xbox team when it comes to gaming consoles, you probably purchased your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Microsoft Store, formerly known as Xbox Store. While getting refunds for digital games was next to impossible for a long time, Xbox jumped on the bandwagon and opened up its refund policies, but just a smidge.
The time constraints for Xbox refunds look similar to those for PlayStation. The window for changing your mind closes after two weeks from the date of purchase. Still, Xbox allows you to try the game for two hours before submitting your refund request.
The procedure starts on their Request a refund page where you will need to sign in to your Xbox account:
- Locate your Order history
- Find the order number for your copy of COD: Modern Warfare and choose Request refund
- Select one of the reasons that are deemed legitimate for your refund request
- Provide any additional information depending on the reason you selected
- Confirm your email address
- Click Submit
If everything works out, you will be hearing from a Microsoft Store representative within 72 hours. Once the refund is approved, the money is deposited into your account. The process usually lasts a few business days, and it depends on your payment method.
Let DoNotPay Handle Your Modern Warfare Refund With No Fuss!
With DoNotPay, it doesn’t matter where you bought your game. The world’s first robot lawyer works directly with your bank on retrieving that refund for you. There’s no need to lose time on sifting through vague policies and support pages. You just need to create your profile on DoNotPay’s website in your web browser.
Once you log in, follow these straightforward steps:
- Choose Chargeback Instantly on DoNotPay’s homepage
- Answer the questions about your bank
- Provide information about the charge you want to dispute
- Confirm your identity and hit Sign and Submit
This process will take only a few moments from your day, and when you’re done with the questionnaire, DoNotPay will send a dispute letter to your bank. If your case needs more support, your new robot lawyer will provide you with relevant Visa and MasterCard regulations to make your claim even stronger.
DoNotPay Can Help you Get a Refund for Various Services
Don’t you just hate it when you buy a product or service and realize it’s not to your liking? Your money doesn’t need to be wasted like that. With the help of DoNotPay, you can request a refund from any company, even the ones that officially offer no refunds, in just a couple of minutes. All you need to do is provide our chatbot with the necessary information, and we will fax a refund request to your bank. We can also contact the service provider for you and ask them to refund your payment. We can help you request a refund from:
- Steam service, including any game on Steam, as well as a gift on Steam
- Green Man Gaming
- Best Buy
- Amazon, when you cancel your order
DoNotPay Protects Your Privacy and Finances
Sharing your credit card details online comes with certain risks, and it’s getting more difficult to tell good and bad websites apart. With DoNotPay’s virtual credit card generator, you will be able to protect your identity and bank account from cyber scammers.
Whenever you run into a suspicious email or website, generate a virtual credit card and proceed without worries. Our virtual cards also work like a charm if you want to avoid automatic payments after free trials.
DoNotPay Can Help With So Much More!
If you’re a hard-core gamer, DoNotPay has your back. Our app can assist with refunds on Origin, Uplay, G2A for Fortnite, Minecraft, League of Legends—you name it! Do you need help with canceling your Xbox Live subscription or WoW subscription? DoNotPay can even protect you from paying unwanted charges after your free trial is over with completely free virtual credit cards!
The best part is that this is just a fraction of what DoNotPay can do. From helping you get your refunds for plane tickets to jumping the queue when contacting the Ubisoft support center, DoNotPay is chock-full of convenient solutions to various legal and administrative issues.
You’re one huge step closer to solving them when you create your DoNotPay profile in a web browser. Here are some other suggestions about what you can do with DoNotPay:
- Solve issues with credit cards
- Contest speeding tickets
- Get rid of unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Get refunds from other companies
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Skip the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Deal with traffic tickets
- Contest parking tickets
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Get help with bills you are unable to pay