How to Get a G2A Refund With DoNotPay?
G2A is a global marketplace that primarily resells digital games through redemption keys for PlayStation Network, Xbox, Steam, Origin, Uplay, and more. Besides games, on their website, you can find electronic wallet top-ups for various digital platforms, gift cards, software, electronics, and other merchandise.
With more than 20 million customers, 40,000 unique products, and 400,000 sellers, G2A is at the top of the game for digital marketplaces. Not only do they sell games and other products, but they also offer other services, like G2A Direct for game developers and G2A PAY, an online checkout gateway.
G2A Refund Policy
G2A refund policy depends on whether you purchased a digital item or a physical product. Physical items generally need to be returned before the refund is processed. Buyers of digital products, primarily redeemable game key codes, can count on the Money Back Guarantee program, which is still in beta.
G2A Refunds for Physical Products
If you’re experiencing issues with a physical product bought on G2A, you should know that refunds are possible only during the first 14 days after you receive the product, and if:
- The product is damaged
- The product doesn’t match the description from G2A.com
- The product’s delivery has been significantly delayed
- The product doesn’t match your expectations, and you return it within 14 days from the delivery date
The G2A seller must cover the return shipping costs in cases of damage or if the product doesn’t match the description, but not otherwise.
G2A Refunds for Digital Products
As the most popular digital items on G2A’s marketplace are redeemable digital game keys, per G2A’s Support Hub page, you should know that refunds are possible if the key is not displayed yet. This happens when you buy two copies of the same game by mistake, or you realize you purchased a key for the wrong platform.
If you have a used or displayed G2A key, the refund will no longer be possible, although, in some cases, it can be resold. In such situations, you are advised to contact the G2A Support Team.
In case you purchased a key that doesn’t work or has already been used, you have seven days to contact the seller. If the seller fails to react or denies the refund request, you can start a Money Back Guarantee claim.
G2A Money Back Guarantee Program
The Money Back Guarantee program is designed as additional protection for buyers in cases of unresolved legitimate complaints. If a digital item doesn’t work, doesn’t look as described, or gets removed from your account, this program entitles you to a refund.
This protection program is supposed to be used after your attempt to resolve the issue with the seller directly but within one year from the date of purchase. Per G2A Terms and Conditions, every G2A buyer has the right to claim the Money Back Guarantee three times in one calendar year, but the total refund amount cannot exceed €2,500 (almost $3,000).
How to Get a Refund on G2A?
If you experience a problem with your digital item purchased on G2A, you need to attempt to resolve the issue with the seller first. There are three ways to do this:
- Find the Contact seller button on the Show key page right when you buy the item
- Go to the Orders history on your G2A Dashboard, click on the order you need, and locate the Contact seller button
- If you already have a conversation with that seller, click on Add order number tab in the conversation, and remember to wait seven days before moving on to the Money Back Guarantee procedure
In case the seller doesn’t respond or provide a satisfactory solution within seven days, you can file a Money Back Guarantee claim in the following manner:
- Locate the conversation with the seller and find the Go to claim button
- By clicking the button, open the pop-up window for creating a new ticket
- Fill out the form including the product name, key, problem type, and a resolution preference
- Attach any supporting documents or screenshots
- Hit Create new ticket
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
Get a G2A Refund With DoNotPay!
If the G2A two-level refund policy looks too complicated and confusing, you don’t need to worry. With the help of DoNotPay, the world’s first robot lawyer, getting your money back has never been easier. You just need to create your DoNotPay profile in your and follow these simple steps:
- Once you log in, select File a Chargeback
- Enter the name and the address of your bank
- Provide details about your G2A purchase
- Answer other questions to confirm your identity and build your claim
You will complete the questionnaire in just a few minutes. As soon as you’re done, DoNotPay’s virtual legal team will send a dispute letter to G2A and your bank. If you need to make your claim even stronger, DoNotPay can provide a letter with relevant regulations from MasterCard and Visa.
How Long Do G2A Refunds Take?
If you provided all the requested documents, G2A should be able to process your refund request within five days of receiving your claim. The money will be returned to the original form of payment whenever possible. If the payment method you used is not available anymore, the refund amount will be credited to your G2A Balance.
How to Check the Status of Your G2A Refund?
When you create a ticket for the Money Back Guarantee program, you can check its status in the Tickets tab when you log in to your G2A Support account. G2A Support will also notify you by email whenever there’s a new message about your case, so make sure to leave an active email address when creating a new ticket.
Potential Problems With G2A Refunds
If you want to get a G2A refund and manage to navigate their two-tier system of support, there are still cases when you aren’t able to get your money back. The Money Back Guarantee doesn’t work on physical products and digital products from the developer or an official reseller. The products that are not covered include:
- G2A gift cards
- G2A loot points
- G2A Plus
- G2A Coins
- E-learning courses
For any issues with G2A products, you are advised to create a ticket through G2A Support Center.
DoNotPay Can Do Much More Than Helping With G2A Refunds!
If you’re a gamer, you’ve probably used more platforms than just G2A. Whether you encountered issues with refunds on PlayStation Store or on Steam, Origin, and Uplay, DoNotPay can work its magic and get your money back.
Are you struggling with other legal and administrative issues as well? DoNotPay can provide help with canceling your Xbox Live subscription, and put an end to worries about getting charged after free trials with our virtual credit card! And there’s more!
Set up your DoNotPay account in your and see what else you can do with the help of our pocket robot lawyer:
- Deal with issues with credit cards
- Fight speeding tickets
- Get rid of unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Get refunds from other companies
- Get a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Skip the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Deal with traffic tickets
- Contest parking tickets
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Manage bills you are unable to pay