Getting an Uber Eats Refund Has Never Been Easier!
Uber Eats is the popular online food delivery platform available through a web browser, iOS, and Android app. It was launched by the ride-sharing service Uber in 2014 and managed to take almost a quarter of the food delivery market in the U.S. in 2018. The growth trend is expected to continue in the following years.
Through Uber Eats, users can explore restaurants, read menus and reviews, order food, and pay for everything with a credit card on file. Couriers deliver meals on foot, by car, bikes, or scooters.
Uber Eats Refund Policy
To qualify for a refund with Uber Eats is no easy feat. Ordering food is done fast, several taps on your phone screen, and your order is sent to the restaurant. If you forgot to add some fries or a salad, or if you changed your mind about the whole order, you have to act fast. Uber Eats orders can be canceled before the restaurant accepts them, which usually happens right away or in a few minutes.
Besides immediate cancelations, you may get a refund from Uber Eats for mistakes made by the restaurant or delivery staff, including:
- Missing items
- Incorrect items
- Incorrect orders
- Late orders
In case of missing or incorrect orders, you need to report the problem to Uber Eats within seven days to get your money back.
When it comes to the question of how long Uber Eats refunds take, their website is not providing a lot of information. Some Reddit threads state long waiting times, extending to over three weeks.
Get an Uber Eats Refund With DoNotPay!
Figuring out the refund options for orders that didn’t live up to your expectations on the Uber Eats website is challenging. The policies are scattered all over the place, and choosing the right course of action feels confusing and not user-friendly.
To avoid wasting your time or giving up on the process because it’s too complicated, try DoNotPay. You will notice how fast and easy it is.
- Choose Chargeback Instantly from the homepage
- Provide the name and the address of your bank
- Answer questions about the Uber Eats order you want a refund for
- Confirm your identity
Our refund questionnaire takes less than five minutes to complete. As soon as you’re done, DoNotPay will send a dispute letter to your bank and Uber Eats. You can go about your day and wait for the money to show up in your account.
If it becomes necessary, your pocket-sized robot lawyer will get you a letter with all relevant Visa and MasterCard regulations to make your case stronger.
Other Uber Eats Refund Methods
Whether you want to cancel an order or file a complaint about the order you received, you will have to use the Uber Eats app or website. Here’s the overview of the methods you can use to get your money back:
Can you request a refund via
|Yes / No|
|Uber & Uber Eats Apps|
How to Cancel Your Uber Eats Order via Uber Eats App
To cancel the order you have just made and ensure a full refund, act as fast as possible and follow these instructions:
- Open the app on your smart device
- Tap Orders at the bottom of the screen
- Select the Upcoming tab to access orders that are currently in progress
- Tap on the order you want to cancel
- Select Cancel Order in the order screen
- Confirm by tapping Cancel Order in a pop-up screen
- Provide the reason for canceling and tap Done
Canceling Orders in the Uber App
If you use the original Uber app both for rides and ordering food, you can cancel the order you no longer want in this manner:
- Tap on the Uber app
- Pick Order Food from the home page
- Hit the Profile icon in the upper right corner
- Choose Orders
- Locate the order you want to cancel and tap Cancel Order
- Confirm your choice by hitting Cancel Order one more time
Reporting Missing or Incorrect Orders on the Uber Eats Website
If the problem with your order came from the restaurant’s or delivery person’s negligence, you can submit a complaint to Uber Eats and possibly qualify for a refund. The procedure requires using the Uber Eats website and includes these steps:
- Open the Uber Eats page for missing and wrong orders
- Sign in with your account credentials
- Provide information about missing or incorrect items
- Upload a photo of your order to increase your chances of getting a refund
- Submit your complaint
Alternative Ways of Contacting Uber Eats
While the following methods are not listed as proper channels for handling refunds, you may still try to use them.
Uber Eats can be reached via email if you send your message to email@example.com. Another option is to use the phone. If you want to try to get your money back by talking to a customer representative, dial 800-253-6882. If everything else fails, try sending them a message on their social media accounts.
Make sure to prepare all the relevant details for your complaint, including order numbers and account information, as you will probably have to explain the issue from the start. If you want to avoid long waiting times, use DoNotPay to jump the queue and talk to a real person right away.
Potential Problems With Uber Eats Refunds
If the restaurant already started preparing your food when you change your mind, getting the money back might not be possible anymore. You may still receive a partial refund for items like the tip, service fee, booking and delivery fee, etc. The overview of charges will be visible in the last steps of the cancelation process before you confirm your choice.
In the case of late deliveries, Uber Eats states that external factors like bad weather or traffic jams can cause delays. If your delivery person attempts contact, but they’re not successful, you won’t qualify for a refund, and your card will be charged.
Uber Eats Refunds Are Just One Example of How Helpful DoNotPay Can Be!
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget that our users might need Uber refunds for rides too, but that’s not all. Have you ever experienced sexual harassment by an Uber driver? If the answer is yes, you should know that DoNotPay can provide help with problems as serious as this one. The world’s first robot lawyer can assist you if you choose to sue Uber in small claims court.
Do you need to get a refund from Amazon or Target or some other company as well? How about the help with lowering your bills or protecting your inbox from dangerous spam emails? DoNotPay’s mission is to reduce the amount of time and money you spend on annoying paperwork and bureaucracy.
We pride ourselves on how easy and convenient DoNotPay’s methods are. Set up your profile in a web browser or download the iOS app to your iPhone or iPad and make your life easier by using our tools. We can help you with:
- Resolving issues with credit cards
- Eliminating unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Setting up a DMV appointment within minutes
- Challenging speeding tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Dealing with traffic tickets
- Skipping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Contesting parking tickets
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Getting revenge on robocalls