DoNotPay Makes eBay Gift Card Refunds Easy!
eBay Inc. is one of the biggest e-commerce platforms today. It facilitates two major sales channels: consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer. Buyers can shop and bid for almost anything at no charge, while sellers have to pay fees after using their free listings.
For those who are not sure about what to buy for birthdays and other special occasions, eBay prepared custom-designed gift cards, ranging in value from $10 to $200. They can be purchased in physical or digital form and used for shopping on the platform, but with some restrictions. Since they’re treated as a valid form of payment in most cases, you should know what to do if a purchase paid by a gift card goes wrong.
eBay Gift Card Policies
Paying with eBay gift cards means using the 13-digit redemption code that can be found under the scratchable security coating on the back of the physical card or in an email if you purchased a digital version. They can be used for full or partial payments, but the following restrictions apply:
- eBay gift cards cannot be used for buying other gift cards, virtual currency, paper money, coupons, coins, or bullion
- Maximum four gift cards or gift card+promo codes combinations can be used for one purchase
- Gift cards for eBay can be used only with one eBay account
- You cannot redeem more than $1,000 in gift cards per day or $1,500 per calendar month
When it comes to refunds, getting your money back for a gift card is not possible since they are classified as non-refundable items on eBay’s Terms and Conditions page. It’s also impossible to redeem them for cash.
If you need to get a refund for an item paid by an eBay gift card, you will have to go through the usual refund process. When your refund request gets approved, the funds will be returned to the initially used gift card.
Secure an eBay Gift Card Refund With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can save you from jumping through hoops of long and complicated refund procedures. Our method takes just several minutes, and you won’t have to bother with hunting for the proper tools lost in the depths of eBay’s vast website.
Some people give up on their money because the mere thought of dealing with customer support of any kind makes them shiver. With DoNotPay, you won’t have to lose a single penny.
- Click on Chargeback Instantly on the dashboard
- Provide your bank details when requested
- Answer questions about the eBay purchase that started the whole issue
- Finalize the process by confirming your identity and signature
Everything is done in one place and takes just a few minutes to complete. Once you submit your refund request, DoNotPay’s virtual team sends a dispute letter to eBay and your bank. If it’s necessary to strengthen your claim, your AI lawyer will provide you with a letter containing useful Visa and MasterCard policies to ensure the successful outcome.
Request an eBay Gift Card Refund the Harder Way
If you need to get a refund for an item that you purchased with a gift card, you will have to go through the general eBay refund process. Besides DoNotPay, alternatives are scarce:
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
Using eBay’s Website for Getting a Refund
For requesting refunds via eBay’s website, follow these steps:
- Log in to your eBay account and go to My eBay Purchase history
- Locate the item and, in the drop-down menu next to it, click on Return or Item not received
- Confirm that you’re dealing with the correct item
- Select Resolve a problem
- Provide answers to questions on the next page
After you answer the questions, you will receive a link to initiate the refund procedure. You will have a chance to negotiate with the seller directly. If the agreement cannot be reached, and eBay decides you have the stronger case, your refund will be credited back to your gift card.
How Long Does a Refund on eBay Gift Card Take?
Refunds for items bought on eBay depend on the time needed for returning them to the seller if needed. The merchant is supposed to issue a refund within two business days upon receiving the item or respect any other agreement that involves giving you your money back. In any case, you will be notified via email.
Funds will be returned to your gift card in three to four business days, as per standard user experiences from eBay’s Community page.
How to Check the Status of Your eBay Gift Card Refund?
In case your refund depends on the return of the purchased item, you can verify how far along the process is by clicking on Check my request status button on this page. If the refund has been issued, you can ensure you received it by checking the funds on your gift card with a gift card balance checker available here.
Potential Problems With eBay Gift Card Refunds
Since you may need a PayPal account to buy certain items on eBay, this can cause issues in case you end up needing a refund. Multiple users reported problems with refunds in the past that went to PayPal. They were able to get a voucher number from PayPal, but it was worthless on eBay’s website. To avoid endless back-and-forth between eBay and PayPal in these situations, allow DoNotPay to handle your refunds from now on.
Another recurring problem was that gift card refunds were processed long after the user throws the physical card in the trash. eBay has addressed the issue since the 13-digit gift card code, once connected with your account, remains there forever and acts as a digital wallet. If you want to avoid any potential issues of this sort, hold on to your physical eBay gift cards until you’re sure you are satisfied with your purchase.
DoNotPay’s Help Doesn’t Stop With eBay
If you’re confused about eBay partial refunds or you want to stop countless eBay emails, DoNotPay has your back, but that’s not all. We created the world’s first robot lawyer, so you don’t have to waste your time and energy figuring out how to deal with various annoying issues.
Did you know that you can enjoy a free trial for any subscription or membership without worrying about eventual charges? DoNotPay’s virtual credit cards can ensure the safety of your finances since they’re not connected to your bank account!
- Requesting refunds from other companies
- Scheduling a DMV appointment quickly and easily
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Skipping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Challenging speeding tickets
- Canceling unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Obtaining refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Exacting revenge on illegal robocalls
- Fighting parking tickets
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court