DoNotPay Is the Best Way to Get a PlayStation Refund
If you own a PlayStation console, you are probably familiar with PlayStation Network (PSN). Initially imagined as a store for digital PlayStation games, it quickly grew into an all-encompassing digital media entertainment service.
It can be accessed not only on your latest PS4 console, but also on smartphones, tablets, HD television sets, and Blu-Ray players. With 103 million monthly users, it is a giant in the world of gaming.
Besides shopping for digital games, PlayStation Store offers a variety of other entertainment services. If you’re into online gaming and want more of a social gaming experience, you can sign up for PlayStation Plus for a monthly fee.
Movie streaming, purchases, and rentals are available through PlayStation Video, while you can stream music through PlayStation Music, powered by Spotify. Those interested in paid cloud gaming services might want to check out PlayStation Now. PlayStation Vue was the company’s Internet television service, which stopped operating in January 2020.
PlayStation Network Refund Policy
Even if you have never regretted purchasing a game for your PlayStation console, you may be in a situation to rethink that PlayStation Plus or Now subscription. Buying or renting a bad movie over PlayStation Video might motivate you to check what your options for getting your money back are.
With so many products available on the PlayStation Network, things can get confusing. The first thing to remember is that you cannot initiate a refund request on your console. You will have to use a browser on your computer or your smart device.
PlayStation Store Refund Policy
If you’re interested in how to get a refund for PS4 games, you should know that you have 14 days to cancel your purchase and receive a refund. This rule also applies to:
- Game add-ons
- Season passes
- Promotional bundles
- In-game consumables
There is one little trick, though—you are not eligible for getting your money back if you downloaded or used any digital content unless that content is faulty. You should be extra careful about this rule when it comes to season passes and in-game consumables as they can be purchased through games and get downloaded or used right away. To prevent possible issues with game refunds, make sure to turn off Automatic Downloads on your PS4 console.
A similar rule applies to PlayStation Video titles. You have 14 days to change your mind. If you forget about the movie for more than two weeks or start streaming it, your refund rights will be revoked.
When it comes to pre-ordered digital content, you have two options:
Pre-order purchases made more than 14 days before the release date
|Pre-order purchases made less than 14 days before the release date|
|Refunds are possible any time until the release date||
Refunds are possible up to 14 days after the purchase
PlayStation Plus Refund & PlayStation Now Refund
If you choose to pay for PlayStation Plus or Now subscription services, you should know that the two-weeks period for changing your mind still applies. If there is a free trial window, it is included in that timeframe, so be careful.
When it comes to these two subscriptions, the refund you get might not be the full amount you paid initially. The refunds might be reduced to reflect the way you used the subscription service—not just the time, but also downloaded games, using cloud storage, playing online, etc.
If you want to avoid charges when the free trial windows end, you can subscribe to these services with DoNotPay’s virtual credit card.
How to Request a Refund on PlayStation Manually?
In the past, you had to fill out refund forms for PlayStation items, but that changed in 2019, and now for all refund requests, you first need to have a chat with their chatbot. Before you start the process, prepare the information that the chatbot will ask for:
- Your PSN ID
- Date of birth
- Email address connected to the account
- The name of the item you want a refund for
Here’s what you should do:
- Head to the PlayStation support page
- Choose Request a refund and then Refund Chatbot
- In the new window select New refund request
- Answer seven questions, and you will be transferred to an actual support agent
- The agent decides whether you can get a refund or not
If you prefer to request your refund via email, phone, or in person, you’re out of luck. The only way to request your money back is through chat. In case you’re getting confused with all the steps and requirements, you can get DoNotPay and deal with this issue in a fast and convenient way.
Can you request a refund via
|Yes / No|
How to Get a Refund for PlayStation Games With DoNotPay?
PlayStation didn’t make it easy to get a refund for PS4 games and other digital items. Many users get lost in support web pages, not sure what to do and where to click. If you find the PlayStation’s website overwhelming and not user-friendly, you can turn to DoNotPay for help to get your money back. It’s easy—you start by creating a profile in your .
After getting a profile, you’re just a few simple steps away from securing that refund:
- Log in and hit File a Chargeback
- Choose the payment option you used for shopping on the PlayStation Store
- Provide the name and the address of your bank
- When prompted, type PlayStation as the name of the merchant
- Answer other relevant questions and confirm your identity to finalize your claim
When you finish this short procedure, DoNotPay will send a refund request to your bank and, if applicable, get you a letter with MasterCard and Visa regulations that will support your request. DoNotPay’s virtual legal team can create evidence on your behalf, such as contacting the merchant.
How Long Do PS4 Refunds Take?
The answer to this question is unclear. While the support web page for the U.S. PlayStation Store doesn’t specify the time needed for processing refunds, Reddit users’ experiences range from several days to a couple of weeks.
If your request gets approved, PlayStation issues refunds to the original payment method whenever possible. In cases where original payment method refunds are not an option (for example, vouchers or expired accounts), the amount will be credited to your PSN wallet.
PlayStation Refund Requests Don’t Work for Every Product
The PlayStation refund policy might be strict, but if you pay attention to the dates of your purchase, you will get your money back. While this applies to games and most of the other digital content, there are some situations where a refund request will be declined automatically:
- PSN top-ups—If you put money in your PlayStation Network wallet, you can either spend it or say goodbye to it. The PSN Cancellation Policy strictly states that funds added to your wallet are non-refundable
- Change of online ID—Many users waited a long time for the day when changing online IDs would be possible. Now that you can do it, only the first change comes at no cost. All other changes are charged $9.99 (or $4.99 with PlayStation Plus subscription), and they are non-refundable
- Purchases made outside of PlayStation Store—If you buy gift cards, voucher codes for certain games, or vouchers to top up your PSN wallet from a third-party retailer, PlayStation won’t issue a refund for those items
DoNotPay Protects Your Privacy and Finances
Sharing your credit card details online comes with certain risks, and it’s getting more difficult to tell good and bad websites apart. With DoNotPay’s virtual credit card generator, you will be able to protect your identity and bank account from cyber scammers.
Whenever you run into a suspicious email or website, generate a virtual credit card and proceed without worries. Our virtual cards also work like a charm if you want to avoid automatic payments after free trials.
DoNotPay Can Help With More Than PlayStation Refunds!
If you need help with refunds and subscription cancellations on other gaming platforms, DoNotPay is the way to go. We can help if you need to get a Uplay refund, Origin or Steam refunds, or if you need to request a refund from Xbox.
By getting a DoNotPay account in your , you can get easy and reliable help in a matter of minutes. Check out some other examples of how DoNotPay can help you deal with various legal and administrative issues:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Dealing with traffic tickets
- Skipping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Taking people and companies to the small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunded for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies