How to cancel Xbox Live subscription in only several clicks
Xbox Live is one of the world’s most popular multiplayer gaming services that currently has around 64 million monthly users.
How to cancel Xbox Live manually
Canceling Xbox Live through their website
- Visit https://support.xbox.com/en-us and log in to your account using your Microsoft credentials.
- Click on the “My Account” button at the bottom of the page.
- Find the Xbox Live section and select “Cancel Auto Payment”.
After you complete these steps, your subscription will end once the prepaid term expires. If you want to cancel your subscription immediately, you need to contact Xbox Live customer service. Dial (800) 469-9269 to cancel your membership.
Canceling Xbox from the Xbox 360 console
- Start your Xbox console and choose “Accounts” in the Settings menu.
- Select “Subscriptions”.
- Pick the subscription you want to cancel and press “A”.
- In the “Payment and Billing” section, click on “Cancel Subscription”. Follow the instructions.
How to stop Xbox Live auto-renewal
- Sign in to Xbox with your Microsoft account.
- Find the service that you want to prevent from auto-renewing.
- Click “Turn off auto-renew”.
- Click “Confirm”.
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
Canceling Xbox Live with DoNotPay
Canceling Xbox Live on your own may take you some time. Canceling the service with the DoNotPay app won’t take more than a couple of minutes. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Access the DoNotPay app from your web browser or download the iOS version of the app from the Apple Store.
- Select ‘Find Hidden Money’
- Type in “Xbox Live” as the service you want to cancel.
As soon as we cancel your Xbox Live subscription, we will let you know via email.
Common issues when canceling your Xbox Live subscription
If you cannot cancel your subscription, it is likely that your account is suspended. To cancel the service, you will need to pay the balance first.
Another possible reason for cancelation issues is the ownership of the Microsoft account. If someone else is the owner and you are paying for this account’s Xbox Live subscription, you won’t be able to unsubscribe. Only the owner of the Microsoft account can do that.
Does Xbox Live free trial auto-renew into a paid subscription?
Not necessarily. When you sign up for an Xbox Live Gold trial, you need to enter your credit card information. Once your trial ends, your subscription will renew. If you want to avoid auto-renewal, you can change these settings from your account.
You can find more info about free trials here.
With DoNotPay, you won’t be charged after the free trial!
Most people, when they subscribe to a free trial, forget to cancel it before it expires. This leads to unwanted costs of subscription renewal that can be quite pricey. If you don’t want to be charged when your free trial expires, you can sign up with DoNotPay’s virtual credit card. Xbox Live can’t tell the difference between a virtual and real credit card, and they won’t be able to charge you.
Can I pause my Xbox Live subscription instead of canceling it?
No, you can’t. If you sign up for Xbox Live and decide you don’t enjoy it, the only option is to cancel your membership.
What are some alternatives to Xbox Live?
|Nintendo Switch Online||$34.99 a year||
|PlayStation Network||$59.99 a year||
Having issues with Xbox Live? DoNotPay can help you sue them in small claims court
If you feel like Xbox Live didn’t provide you with a resolution you think you deserve or treated you unfairly, you can get the justice you deserve by suing the company. DoNotPay has been awarded by the American Bar Association and has a stellar reputation in suing people and businesses in small claims court. We can help you sue the company without wasting your time and effort.
DoNotPay can monitor all of your subscriptions for unused services
According to recent research, one in ten millennials spends over $200 a month on subscription services. What makes this issue so important is that 87% of them aren’t aware of how much money they’re spending on such services. If you think you are one of them, you should consider using DoNotPay to monitor your subscriptions. The app can help you track all your subscription services and find those that you do not use.
What do Xbox Live’s charges look like on my bank statement?
Frustrated with paying for subscriptions you don’t even use? You’re not alone. DoNotPay allows you to manage and cancel all of your subscriptions and memberships, saving you time and money! Here are just a few more subscriptions we’ve helped our users cancel:
- Blue Apron
- Xbox Live
- CBS All Access
- F.Y.E Backstage VIP Pass
- MBI Probiller
- Planet Fitness
- ABC Mouse
What else can DoNotPay do?
DoNotPay can help you deal with many common issues. Our services include:
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Skipping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Making virtual credit cards to stop free trials from charging you
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Fighting parking tickets
- Getting appointments with DMV faster
- Getting compensation for delayed and canceled flights