How Can You Request a Minecraft Refund for Any Edition?
Minecraft is the best-selling video game of all time, with 200 million copies sold across various platforms and over 125 million active monthly users. In this open-world video game, developed by Mojang Studios, players explore a blocky, 3D world with endless terrain, and may extract raw materials, craft tools, and build structures.
What Does Minecraft Refund Policy Say?
Minecraft is available for numerous platforms, and the game itself has over 15 editions. Depending on the edition, the refund policy can vary. Like with most games, each platform has its own rules on how to request a refund.
Some of the most popular editions are Java Edition, Minecraft for mobile devices, Windows 10 and Xbox Edition.
Can You Get a Refund for Minecraft Java Edition?
Mojang Studios will refund your purchase if you contact them within 15 days of making it. The refunds are available only under specific circumstances.
Cases in Which You Can Request a Refund:
Cases in Which You Won’t Be Able to Request a Refund:
If your reason for a refund fits the company’s terms, you can send your refund request.
Follow these steps to get your money back:
- Go to Minecraft Customer Support Page
- Enter your name and email address associated with your Minecraft account
- From the dropdown menu pick Minecraft Java Edition as the one you want to return
- Type in your in-game Java account name
- Type in your Transaction ID
- Choose Refund Request from the dropdown menu
- Another section will open up in which you can describe your refund request in detail and attach any photos or files. Make sure to incorporate your Order Number and Transaction ID in this section
- Click Submit
Can You Get a Refund for Windows 10 Minecraft Edition? What About Xbox Refunds?
If you want to get a refund for Windows 10 or Xbox edition of Minecraft, you can do that through the Digital Microsoft Store, as long as that is where you bought the game in the first place.
There are a few requirements you have to meet as well:
- You need a good reason for returning the game—either that you bought it by accident, someone else purchased it without your permission, or that the game doesn’t work
- You can only return a game within 14 days of purchase
- You can’t have more than two hours of playtime across all platforms
- You can only return the base Minecraft game—downloadable content and add-ons aren’t eligible for refunds
To get a refund on an Xbox edition here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to the Xbox Refund Request Order page
- Sign in with your Microsoft account—the one you used to make the purchase
- Check if your Minecraft purchase is listed under Purchases that may qualify for a refund section
- If you see your purchase, check the order number next to it
- Click on the Request Refund button at the bottom of the list
- The name of the product and the order number will be auto-filled in the form
- From the dropdown menu, choose the reason for requesting a refund
- Use the textbox to add any additional info and explain the reason for returning the game
- Click Submit
If you want to request a refund for Minecraft Windows 10 edition, you need to go through the Microsoft website.
Here are the steps:
- Go to your Microsoft account page and sign-in
- Choose Payment & Billing from the top menu
- Pick Order History
- Find the purchased Minecraft game and click on Request a Refund button
- Choose the reason for returning the game from the dropdown menu
- Write down any additional details in the textbox
- Follow the instructions until the last step
This is a self-service option, so if your request doesn’t violate the refund terms, it should be approved instantly.
Can You Get a Minecraft Refund for Other Editions of the Game?
Since Minecraft can be played on many platforms, the refund procedures depend on the companies behind them.
On some platforms asking for a refund is not an option like on Apple, Amazon’s Kindle, and Nintendo.
Other platforms offer a partial refund or a refund under tight deadlines:
- For an Android edition, you can obtain a refund within the first two hours of gameplay. You can check the details on Google Play’s support site
- If you bought Minecraft for PS4 and want to request a refund, you can do it through the chatbot on the PlayStation Store support page within 14 days of your purchase
- If you made a purchase with the Oculus store, you could initiate a refund within three days of your purchase if you have played the game for less than 30 minutes. You can do this by sending an automated refund request through the Purchase History page on your Occulus account
A Simple Way to Get Your Money Back With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay is the virtual assistant app that specializes in helping people deal with everyday administrative issues. This app can help you request a refund for whatever Minecraft Edition you want to. Here is how to do it:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser or access it from your iOS device
- Find and click on the Chargeback Instantly feature
- Provide the app with the details about your bank
- Write the name of the merchant—the company you bought the game from
- Follow the steps until the end
DoNotPay will send a refund request to your bank and can contact the Majong studios to ask for a refund, as well.
Can you request a refund via
Yes / No
How Long Does It Take for a Refund Request to Process?
If you submit your refund request to Mojang directly, it can take up to two business days for them to answer. If they don’t respond in five business days, you can try contacting their customer support with DoNotPay to avoid waiting any longer.
If your refund request gets approved, refunds could take up to two weeks, depending on your bank.
If you submitted your request on the Xbox refund request page, it could take up to 72 hours for them to answer. After confirmation, the refund can be in your account within the next two weeks, but the actual time frame depends on your payment method.
Other Amazing Things You Can Do With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay is the first virtual lawyer in the world that can help you with many bureaucratic tasks.
Some tasks DoNotPay can help you with are:
- Fighting parking tickets
- Filing a lawsuit against people and companies in small claims court
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Dropping different subscriptions or memberships
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Managing credit card issues
- Handling bills that are challenging to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls