Credit Card Dispute Letter Template That'll Get Your Money Back
Using a credit card is one of the most convenient ways to shop, pay bills, and set up new subscription accounts. Not only is it easy to use a credit card, but many credit cards offer options to earn rewards - meaning that you can get paid to use your card however you see fit. However, in a world that increasingly relies on online interactions to manage subscriptions and services, unexpected or incorrect charges might occasionally appear on your credit card statement.
If you need to find a credit card dispute letter template to use, DoNotPay has got you covered. DoNotPay can offer up the information you need to write a clear, concise credit card dispute letter template, which you can then utilize for any dispute that you might have with a credit card company. So if you need an easier way to dispute false credit card charges– DoNotPay is the answer!
Ways to Dispute Credit Card Charges
Sometimes, you might not remember making a particular purchase - so it's always a good idea to research any unfamiliar charges that you happen to notice on your credit card account statement. Still, if you can't find any record of the charge or if you believe that the charge is a scam, it's time to contact the credit card company.
Here are some ways to reach out to your credit card company about a charge you wish to dispute:
- Call the company. The most straightforward way to dispute a charge is to contact the credit card company directly. To do this, call the number associated with your credit card company (usually it is listed on the card itself) and explain to the customer service representative that you have a charge that you wish to dispute. It might take some time before you get a representative on the phone, so you will need to be patient for this process.
- Send an email. Another way to dispute a credit card charge is to send an email to customer service. In this email, you will need to include all relevant details of the charge, including the date that the charge was posted, all of your contact information, and the resolution that you would like to see for the problem.
- Write a dispute letter. You can also choose to craft a dispute letter to send to your credit card company. Dispute letters are a formal way to let a credit card company or other merchant know that you have an issue with a charge and would like to have the charge reversed. There is certain information that needs to be included in a dispute letter, so working from a credit card dispute letter template can be helpful when you start to craft one.
How to Write a Credit Card Dispute Letter on Your Own
DoNotPay has the information that you need when you start to put together a credit card dispute letter. Here are some of the details that you will need to include in your credit card dispute letter:
- The date that the charge was posted and what the charge was for.
- Explain the circumstances of why you believe the charge is false - whether you didn't make the purchase at all or if you think that your identity has been stolen.
- Mention any relevant details pertaining to your account. This could include how long you've been a customer with the credit card company or merchant or your rewards status with the company.
- Note what resolution you would like to see. If you want to see the charge reversed, you should mention that in your dispute letter for the sake of clarity.
If you are ready to write your dispute letter, you can use the credit card dispute letter template below:
Date of contact:
Date of charge/purchase:
Description of charge:
After filling in the information detailed above, the company should have everything that they need to get to work on your chargeback.
DoNotPay Can Help You Dispute Unfair Charges
Writing a credit card dispute letter on your own can be time-consuming and even stressful. If you have experienced unauthorized transactions and want to dispute these charges, DoNotPay can help you! Here's how you can dispute charges without a credit card dispute letter template using DoNotPay:
- Go to the DoNotPay website.
- Click on the Chargeback product link.
- Enter the required information, including your bank name and other applicable details.
- Enter the name of the merchant.
- Follow the steps! DoNotPay will ask you a short series of questions in order to get information about your credit card dispute and expedite the process.
After you have followed the steps outlined above, DoNotPay will create a custom dispute letter for you and send it to your bank. You no longer have to worry about dealing with dispute letters on your own when you utilize DoNotPay's easy, successful services!
How Else Can DoNotPay Help You?
With DoNotPay, you can get refunds from nearly any company you made a purchase from, including the following:
|Vanilla Gift Card refund||Lyft refund||PayPal refund|
|Zelle chargeback||Cash App refund||DoorDash refund|
DoNotPay can even get you an Amazon refund without a return!
DoNotPay is the fast, easy way to handle tasks like chargebacks, product recalls, and hunting licenses. With DoNotPay, you will save time and money, and have more free time to do other, more important things.
Here are some of DoNotPay's other services:
- What are virtual credit cards?
- Can you refund plane tickets?
- Fight and waive bank fees
- How to file a complaint against any company