How to Request a Steam Refund — Why Is Your Steam Refund Pending?
Steam is a video game digital distribution platform developed by Valve. The client was launched in 2003 as a standalone software client to manage updates for Valve games. The client expanded to become a cloud-based gaming library, offering games from third-party publishers. Steam is now one of the biggest gaming platforms, with millions of users who buy and download games every day.
Why Do Steam Refunds Take So Long?
The Steam refund policy states that refunds can take up to seven days to appear in your account. Refunds with international payment methods can take longer, and if your refund has not appeared after seven days, you should contact your bank and ask about pending refunds on your account.
Usually, it takes Steam an hour or two to issue a refund. It may be the case that Steam is considering your case on a case-by-case basis if you’ve surpassed the limit of two hours of playtime or if 14 days have passed since your purchase. It is important to provide enough information so that Steam can issue a refund on time.
How to Get a Steam Refund
Getting a Steam refund can be done using the Steam client. If you do not want to read up on their policies, you can always request a refund with DoNotPay. As long as you are eligible for a refund, you will get one, just make sure you do it on time.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
How to Get a Steam Refund With DoNotPay
Requesting a Steam refund with DoNotPay is much easier than doing it on your own. We can help you get a refund as quickly as possible, with minimum hassle. Here’s how it’s done:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account in your
- Scroll down and find the File a Chargeback option
- Click on Get Protected
- Fill in the necessary information and answer the chatbot’s questions
- Click Sign and Send
After you’ve gone through the steps, DoNotPay will automatically fax your bank, requesting a refund. You will also receive a letter with all the VISA and MasterCard codes. You can use this information to build up evidence for your case.
How to Get a Steam Refund On Your Own
You can get a Steam refund on your own as well. You can do it in the client, and these are the steps you have to follow:
- Log in to your Steam account
- Go to Steam Help
- Select the purchase you want to refund and click on it
- Select a reason for the refund
- Click on I’d like to request a refund
- Fill out the form
- Click Submit request
After you’ve taken these seven steps, you should receive a confirmation email, informing you that the request was successfully submitted.
Note that you have a 14-day refund window, and if you’ve played the game for more than two hours, you will not be able to get a refund! Requesting a refund with DoNotPay will prove to be less stressful and much easier than doing it on your own.
Steam Refund Policy
The Steam refund policy states that you can request a refund for any reason. Perhaps your PC is having trouble running a game or you’ve bought one by mistake. As far as Steam is concerned, you can request a refund as long as the request is made within the required time period, and the game has been played for less than two hours.
The policy states that you will receive a refund within a week of approval. Here are some of the Steam refund rules for different products:
- Refunds for DLC can be requested if the DLC has not been consumed, modified, or transferred
- Refunds on in-game purchases within any Valve-developed games are possible within 48 hours of purchase if the content has not been consumed, modified or transferred
- Refunds for pre-purchased titles are possible at any time prior to the release of the title. The 14-day window applies once the game launches
- Steam Wallet refunds are possible within 14 days of purchase and if the funds were purchased on Steam and not used
- Steam hardware can be refunded and you must ship the hardware back to Steam within 14 days after requesting a refund
- Bundles are refundable if the items have not been transferred and if the combined usage time for all items in the bundle is less than two hours
- Gifts can be refunded if they remain unredeemed. Redeemed gifts may be refunded under regular conditions if the gift recipient requests a refund. Funds are returned to the original purchaser
In case you have been banned by the Valve Anti-Cheat system in a game, you will not be able to get a refund for that title. You can submit as many refund requests as you want, as long as the purchases are eligible. If Steam finds that you are abusing the system, you will lose access to the refund option.
Should you feel that there’s been an error in handling your refund request, you can submit a new request, which will be reviewed by a different Valve employee.
For example, you purchase a game for $40 and you download it. You start the game and decide that your PC is not good enough to run it, and you’ve only played it for a couple of minutes. This is a valid reason for a refund, and you can go to your client and ask for one. Doing this with DoNotPay is much easier than doing it on your own since you’ll be carefree and won’t worry about how long it takes for a refund to be completed.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay, as the world’s first robot lawyer, can help you deal with a wide range of problems you bump into every day. It doesn’t matter if it’s online or offline — DoNotPay can help you solve it. The internet has a lot to offer, but there are those who abuse it. DoNotPay can help you deal with cyberstalking and provide you with information on how to prevent it. DoNotPay can also help you sue big corporations such as AT&T or DirecTV.
The DoNotPay Virtual Credit Card can help you save money and keep your information safe. You can use this card to apply for online free trials without being charged for a full subscription because the card is not connected to your bank account.
Log in to your DoNotPay account in your and check out our services. Here’s what we have to offer:
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court