Walmart Refund Policy Breakdown: How to Get a Walmart Refund
Walmart is one of the biggest market chains in the United States that provides its customers with the largest variety of articles. From wholefoods to working tools, Walmart seems to have it all. But what if you are not satisfied with the products you received or you did not receive the item you purchased and want your money back? DoNotPay gives you an option to request a Walmart refund from your personal computer or an iPhone!
How to Get a Walmart Refund With DoNotPay
Since the shipping process can take a long time, DoNoPay allows you to apply for your refund in just a matter of minutes. Our app is the fastest and safest option to request your money back — no more waiting in lines and phone queues! With just a few clicks, DoNotPay will do everything for you. All you need to do is:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser or your iOS app
- Click on Chargeback Instantly
- Provide your full name and payment details
- Put in your bank information
- Let DoNotPay send the email for you and request a refund
Once you’ve provided the information to us, all you have to do is wait and let our team do the work for you. DoNotPay can contact Walmart’s representatives to help you get your refund.
How to Get a Walmart Refund on Your Own
If you want to ask for a refund on your own, you can do that:
- By mail
- In person
- On the mobile app
Going through Walmart’s customer service will not be a fast process since every refund option the company provides can take a minimum of five days to process.
How to Request a Walmart Refund In Person
If you are to return the package to a local store and request a refund, you need to:
- Log in to your account
- Go to your initials in the upper right corner
- Press Account
- Select Start a Return
- Select the reason for your return
- Press Return to Store
- Click Continue
- Click Finish
- Press Print Barcode to print the Store Returns Receipt
- Bring the item you want to the Customer Service desk with the original packaging and a receipt if you have one.
How to Apply for a Walmart Refund by Mail
If you are looking to ask for a refund by mail, you need to:
- Sign in to your account
- Click on the initials in the upper right corner of your screen
- Chose Account
- When you initiate the return, you will be provided with different options — Start a Return, See Details and Return or Replace
- Select the items you wish to return
- Provide a reason for the return
- Chose to either Return or Replace the item
- Click Continue
- Click Return by mail
- Press Continue
- Choose Refund
- Print out the return label
- Go to the closest FedEx or USPS with the item and send it
Keep in mind that if you are unable to print the label, you will need to go to your closest Walmart store and return the package yourself.
How to Request a Walmart Refund With the Mobile App
Walmart recently introduced its app that can help its customers buy or return their products. If you want to request a refund through the app, you need to:
- Sign in to your Walmart app
- Select Account
- Click Purchase History
- Select an item you want to return
- Press Start a Return
- Provide a reason for your return
- Click Continue
- Select Refund
- Click Continue
- Select Mobile Express Return as your return method
- Review the details and press Accept and Finish
If you did not buy an item online, then you need to bring it to a Walmart store personally to complete your return. The process can be rather complicated and time-consuming, which is why we recommend using our web or iOS app. The procedure is less stressful, and it takes no more than two minutes.
Can You Request a Walmart Refund Via
What Is Walmart Refund Policy?
You can return almost anything that Walmart sells. On the Walmart website, you can check your purchase history, which displays the latest eligible date for a return or replacement.
We recommend keeping the original packaging and your receipt for a minimum of 90 days after purchase. If you purchased any items from dealers or resellers and not Walmart or a Walmart online store directly, you will not be eligible for a return, refund, or exchange.
How Long Do Walmart Refunds Take?
Depending on an item you’ve purchased and how you’ve purchased it, a refund could take up to two weeks. You need to return the item to the store or you are sending it by mail, it can take from two to three weeks. If you purchased a product with your credit or debit card, the refund should be available in five business days.
How to Receive a Walmart Refund on Your Credit/Debit Card
If you bought an item with a credit card, you have to request a refund to that same credit card. If your credit card is not available when the receipt is scanned, then the refund will be transformed into a Walmart gift card instead.
If you made a purchase with a debit card, then you will receive a refund on the same debit card or in cash.
Can You Receive a Walmart Refund Without the Receipt?
Yes, you can receive a refund even if you don’t have a receipt. You need to provide a legit, government-issued photo ID instead. Your ID information will be secured in the Walmart database and will be used to authorize returns and refunds. If the refund verification process allows the return, you will have some options at your disposal. In most cases, you will be able to choose from the following:
- Sending your package to be repaired
- Replacing it with another item
- Returning the item and receiving a cash refund if the purchase cost was lower than $25
- Receiving a refund in the form of a Walmart shopping card or gift card if you return an item that is more than $25
What Is the Walmart Refund Verification Process?
If you are looking to request a refund from Walmart without a receipt, you need to go through the refund verification process. If the verification process is successful, your refund will be accepted. In order for your item to pass the verification process, you need to have its original packaging and then:
- A worker at Walmart will scan the barcode on the original package
- The computer will tell if the package is eligible for return
- You will be asked to show your photo ID
- Your ID will be checked in the Walmart’s database
If everything is in order, you will be able to return the package and collect your refund.
What Is the Walmart Refund Policy on Electronics?
Unlike other purchases in Walmart that need to be returned within 90 days, most electronics must be returned within 30 days to be eligible for a refund. Those electronics include:
- Camcorders and digital cameras
- Radio-controlled vehicles
- Musical instruments and DJ equipment
- Electric bicycles and scooters
- Tablets, e-tablets, and e-readers
- Video game hardware
- 3D printing supplies and products
- Smartwatches and activity trackers
- Digital music players
As for the prepaid cell phones, they must be returned within 14 days.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay is a great tool for putting your worries away. Go to our web browser app or use the iPhone app to see what we have to offer. With DoNotPay by your side, you no longer have to waste time when:
- Canceling your subscriptions
- Disputing speeding tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Applying for refunds from other companies
- Fighting parking tickets
- Requesting refunds for canceled or delayed flights
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service representatives
- Securing yourself from harassment and stalking
- Organizing and scheduling an appointment with a DMV
- Taking revenge on robocalls
- Contesting traffic tickets