How To Verify a YouTube Account Without a Phone—Top Hacks
YouTube is the world’s most famous video-sharing service. According to the company’s blog post, this platform reaches over two billion users with active accounts monthly, thanks to more than 500 hours of content uploaded per day.
It’s simple to create an account on YouTube and use its basic services, but verifying it allows you to unlock various practical features, including:
- Streaming live
- Posting videos longer than 15 minutes
- Being able to dispute a Content ID claim
- Enabling limited access for chosen people
- Setting the desired thumbnail for each video manually
- Inserting external links to various websites in your videos
Is YouTube Phone Verification the Same as Getting a Verification Badge?
What you should be aware of from the beginning is that YouTube account verification isn’t the same as obtaining a so-called verification badge.
Verification badges don’t give you access to any additional features. Only uploaders with more than 100,000 subscribers can apply for them. Such a mark only confirms that their account is unique and offers high-quality content. You can perform phone verification regardless of the number of subscribers.
Why Does YouTube Require Phone Verification?
YouTube introduced this type of authentication to prevent the platform from becoming overflown with robots and numerous accounts that can be used for the wrong purposes. The admins need to make sure you are a real person as they need to eliminate abuse and the violation of prescribed rules wherever possible.
This method is also the way to improve your overall security on YouTube, as it makes it simpler to change the forgotten password, if needed, or recover a hacked account. When the platform has this piece of information confirmed, it will be able to inform you about any potential scams.
What Does the YouTube Verification Process Look Like?
The procedure for verifying your YouTube account is simple, and it doesn’t take a lot of time. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Log in to your YouTube account and click on the Settings option on the left sidebar
- Select View Additional Features within your Account section
- Click on the blue button that says Verify
- Choose your country, pick whether you want to receive a code by text message or by an automated call, and enter your phone number in the required field
- Wait for a six-digit verification code, enter it, and click Submit
Potential Issues You May Face During the YouTube Verification Process
The most common issue you might encounter while trying to perform a phone verification is not receiving a text code. There are several reasons why this could happen, and you can find them in the table below, along with possible solutions:
|Issue||What To Do|
Several accounts connected to the same phone number
Text messages from Google not supported by your carrier
Text messages delayed significantly
Ways To Avoid Phone Verification
It’s easy to type your phone number into the required field, but do you feel safe while doing it? The research showed that less than 20% of Americans feel comfortable with leaving their personal details on the internet. Online security concerns are the reason why most people try to avoid this step whenever possible, using various tricks. Here are some of them:
- Burner phones—You can purchase these devices online on Amazon and similar websites or in stores like Target or Walmart. It might be too pricey for a single verification purpose, but if you want to use it for other services as well, a burner phone will do the trick
- Google Voice—It’s a good option if you want to verify an account via phone call, and it’s free to use, but you need to provide your real phone number to be able to use this service. Some services tend to block this feature as scammers and fraudsters use it frequently.
- Fake phone number apps—These can generate a temporary phone number when needed and deactivate it later. Providing the app with your real phone number is a disadvantage here as well, but that’s the only way the fake phone app can redirect text messages and calls to you
- Using other phone numbers—If you don’t have enough patience to create fake phone numbers, but you have a relative or friend who doesn’t mind inputting their personal details, that might save the day
How To Avoid YouTube Phone Verification With DoNotPay’s Burner Numbers
DoNotPay makes it possible to switch your real phone number for a temporary one while verifying any service. Unlike other platforms or apps that might charge you a lot of money for a single phone number use, our app enables you to create as many burner numbers as you want.
Here’s how you can use the Burner Phone feature within our app:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Go to Burner Phone and type the name of the service
- Click on Create a temporary number
- Select View My Text Message
The app will show the text message with the verification code you received from the service provider. All that remains is to enter it in the required field and finalize the verification procedure.
You can use a single burner number only once since it will be available for receiving text messages and calls for ten minutes. As soon as this period ends, the system will deactivate the number and delete the message.
Prevent Any Free Trial From Turning Into a Paid Subscription With DoNotPay
Has it ever happened to you to get charged for a service after a free trial without being aware that it turned into a paid subscription automatically? DoNotPay can also prevent companies from taking advantage of your bank details and make unauthorized transactions by providing you with a Free Trial Card.
This feature works in the following manner:
- We create a unique 16-digit code similar to a regular credit card number and a randomly generated security code
- You can input these details instead of your real bank information once you decide to sign up for a free trial
- The subscription will be canceled immediately when the trial period ends. The merchant won’t be able to take any money from the Free Trial Card because it isn’t connected to your actual bank account
DoNotPay protects your sensitive information and lets you enjoy any free trial with zero worries. You can give a chance to all services you have always wanted to try, including Hulu, Philo, Spotify, Audible, YouTube TV, YouTube Premium, and many more.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
If you are still unsure about burner phone features, we will be happy to let you find out more about this topic and teach you about obtaining these devices from Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile. Our learning base contains everything you have ever wanted to know about getting fake phone numbers to verify Yahoo, Google, or PayPal accounts.
Feel free to get acquainted with our app in any web browser and examine our amazing features that can help you with:
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting parking tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Dealing with credit cards issues
- Avoiding the phone queue when contacting customer support
- Setting up a DMV appointment the easy way
- Obtaining refunds and compensation for any canceled or delayed flight
- Lowering your bills
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Stopping text spam
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Applying for clinical trials
- Signing up for other services without phone verification
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Tracking down any unclaimed money under your name and address
- Claiming any kind of warranty
- Waiving college application expenses