A Step-By-Step Guide to Getting a Northwestern Law Fee Waiver Stress-Free
If you want to apply to Northwestern Law but can’t afford to pay the application fee, DoNotPay can assist you in requesting an application fee waiver as quickly as possible.
How Much Is the Northwestern Law School Application Fee?
Students need to pay $100 to apply to Northwestern Law, which makes it one of the most expensive school fees in the U.S.
Interested in knowing how much some other law schools in the U.S. charge? Here’s an overview of the most popular ones and their application fees:
|School Name||Application Fee|
|Harvard Law School||$85|
|CUNY School of Law||$60|
|Georgetown Law School||$85|
|Stanford Law School||$85|
|Columbia Law School||$85|
Should I Get a College Application Fee Waiver?
If you want to apply to more than one school, you might be overwhelmed with all the college fees that you have to pay. You will probably spend around $500 on applications, which is a big chunk of money considering that you’ll also have to pay for other college-related expenses, such as:
- Test preparation
- SATs, ACTs, LSATs, and other tests
- Travel expenses for on-campus visits
- Test scores you need to send to each school
Since the costs can pile up quickly, having your college application fees waived can be of significant help, especially if you live in a low-income family.
How To Get a Northwestern Law School Fee Waiver
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law grants fee waivers to any student who completes an online form before the first of December. The school wants to motivate potential candidates to submit their applications early by allowing them to apply for free.
Once you submit the request, the Admissions Committee will generate the fee waiver code and email it to you. You should receive the code within three days of completing the form.
Students who apply after the first of December should request a need-based fee waiver by completing the Juris Doctor (JD) Fee Waiver Application form. The form can be found on the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) website.
Have you registered for the LSAC’s Credential Referral Service? If your answer is yes and you meet the Northwestern Law Admissions Committee’s requirements, the school might send you a fee waiver even if you didn’t consider applying.
Students who attend the school’s fall recruiting events could also be offered an application fee waiver.
When you receive the fee waiver code, make sure to use it before its expiration date because you won’t be granted another one.
How To Get a Law School Admission Council (LSAC) Fee Waiver
To be eligible to receive the LSAC fee waiver, you need to have one of the following:
- American, Canadian, or Australian citizenship
- Permanent U.S. residence and an Alien Registration Receipt Card
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) immigration status
- Permanent residence or be a Convention Refugee in Canada
The process of requesting the LSAC fee waiver will depend on your citizenship:
United States citizens
Besides the Northwestern Law School application, the fee waiver also covers the following:
- Two LSATs
- Score preview
- One Credential Assembly Service (CAS) registration
- Six CAS reports
The LSAC fee waiver is valid for two years.
LSAC’s Credential Referral Service Explained
Students who register for the Credential Referral Service (CRS) allow the following info to be shared with law schools:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Academic and employment details
- Law school preferences
Any law school can recruit you and offer a fee waiver for your application if you meet their requirements regarding your age, GPA, citizenship, LSAT score, etc.
Learn How To Get a Northwestern Application Fee Waiver for Other Undergraduate Schools
Suppose you don’t want to enroll in Northwestern Law but are interested in other schools at Northwestern University. In that case, you’ll need to pay $75 for the application fee.
Students who live in a low-income household can request a Northwestern fee waiver in a few ways:
- Through the Common App
- By sending an email to Northwestern University
- With DoNotPay
If you plan to use the Common App to apply for multiple schools, you’ve probably noticed that it features a fee waiver option. Northwestern University is one of the 900 member colleges that allows the students to waive their application fees through the Common App.
You can also send an email to the university at email@example.com and include the following info:
- Date of birth
- Common App ID number
- Email address
Once you complete this step, head over to the Common App. Indicate that you have submitted a request via email under the Northwestern-specific question field.
Want to avoid wasting time with complex procedures? Rely on DoNotPay’s helpful tool and request a fee waiver as effortlessly as possible.
DoNotPay Helps You Request an Application Fee Waiver for Any College Fast and Easy
Regardless of the university you wish to apply to, DoNotPay has the best solution for students who hope to waive the application fees. Our convenient tool allows you to spend less than two minutes completing your request for the following fee waivers:
- New Student Application
- Transfer Student
- Enrolment Deposit
If you want to waive your college fees quickly and save both time and money, sign in to your account from a web browser, and follow these steps:
- Click on our College Application Fee Waiver tool
- Choose the fee you want to wave
- Select the college you want to apply to and respond to our questions about your financial situation
- Tell us if you need to get your counselor’s signature
Besides completing the required fee waiver form on your behalf, DoNotPay will also compose an email and send it to your guidance counselor or desired university.
Dealing With Other Bothersome Issues? Take a Look at Other DoNotPay Features!
Signing up for services such as Chegg, Mathway, and Study Edge can be useful when dealing with homework issues, but most platforms can be super challenging to cancel. Are you still subscribed to services that you use rarely or never? If you’re not sure how to unsubscribe, rely on DoNotPay. We will help you terminate any membership in a few clicks.
DoNotPay can also help you use Grammarly and Turnitin for free while writing the college essay and ensure you don’t get charged once the trial ends. To take advantage of these and many other handy features, open your account in a web browser and rely on us when you want to:
- Manage credit card problems
- Handle all unpaid bills
- Terminate any unwanted subscription or membership
- Ask companies for refunds
- Contest traffic tickets
- Block text message spam
- File a claim against anyone in small claims court
- Get in touch with customer support specialists stress-free
- Waive college application fees hassle-free
- Fight speeding tickets
- Request refunds from airlines and get compensation for any delayed or canceled flight
- Register for any free trial without the risk of being charged
- Find and apply for multiple medical studies
- Ensure your inbox stays spam-email-free for good
- Send letters to prisoners in the U.S.
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Handle stalkers and protect yourself from harassment
- Enjoy various services without having to verify your phone number
- Dispute parking tickets
- Find all forgotten funds under your name
- Set up the DMV appointments quickly
- File a warranty claim
- Report robocalls