Everything You Need To Know About the NYU Application Fee
New York University is the largest private research university in the U.S. enrollment-wise. It has two campuses outside of America—in Shanghai and Abu Dhabi. Students can choose from ten undergraduate and 15 graduate schools with numerous programs.
NYU Application Fee Explained
Students who want to apply to New York University need to pay $80 for the application fee. If NYU isn’t the only school you’re interested in, you’ll have to spend a lot of money on college application fees.
While some schools allow students to apply for free, most universities charge around $60. Stanford has the most expensive application fee—students have to pay $90.
Here’s an overview of the most popular universities in America and their application fees:
|California Institute of Technology||$75|
|University of California, Berkeley||$70|
What’s an NYU Application Fee Waiver?
You’ll have to pay hundreds of dollars in fees and other university-related expenses, such as SAT, ACT, test preparations, college events, etc. If you’re on a budget, you should try to waive the application fees.
Most universities grant fee waivers to eligible students, so there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to apply for free.
How To Get an NYU Fee Waiver
If you’re familiar with the platform, you already know that it’s mainly dedicated to enabling students to apply to multiple schools hassle-free. You need to provide your info and attach the necessary documents only once. You’ll be able to apply to as many participating colleges as you want—the Common App will automatically fill out the necessary forms.
Requesting a college application fee waiver is another feature that the Common App offers. To take advantage of the tool, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account
- Select the Common App tab
- Click on the Profile section
- Click on the Common App Fee Waiver option and answer the required questions
Once you submit the request, the Common App will send it to your high school counselor. He or she should confirm your eligibility and provide more documents if necessary.
If you receive a fee waiver, it will be automatically included each time you apply to colleges in the Common App.
New York University Application Fee Waiver Requirements
Students who wish to receive the Common App fee waiver have to fulfill one of the requirements. They need to:
- Be enrolled or eligible to enroll in the federal free or reduced-price lunch program
- Obtain an ACT or SAT fee waiver
- Come from a low-income family
- Live in a household that receives financial aid
- Be an orphan, homeless, or a ward of the state
- Live in a foster home
Your counselor will have to verify all the information you provide regarding the financial need.
Request an NYU Graduate Application Fee Waiver
Every NYU graduate school has its own rules regarding the admission process and application fee requests. New York University has 15 grad schools you can choose from. To find out more about the fee waiver regulations, visit the website of the school or program you’re interested in.
You can also request a fee waiver for the:
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Standardized test you need to take, including the Dental Admission Test (DAT), Law School Admission Test (LSAT), and Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
Many of the test fee waivers will also cover the application fee of the grad school you want to apply to. Get in touch with the admission council of the program you’re interested in if the website doesn’t provide enough info.
How To Waive Your Application Fee for NYU With DoNotPay
If you want to request an application fee waiver as quickly and effortlessly as possible, rely on DoNotPay’s practical tool. Besides helping you waive fees when applying to undergrad schools, we can also assist you in getting test and grad school fee waivers.
With DoNotPay, you can waive different types of fees:
- New Student Application
- Transfer Student
- Enrollment Deposit
You need to provide the required info, and we will take care of everything else. DoNotPay will complete the fee waiver form and mail it to your counselor for signature or the university you want to apply to. Once you log in to your account in a web browser, follow these steps:
- Pick the College Application Fee Waiver feature
- Choose which fee you want to waive and select the school you’re interested in
- Respond to our questions
- Tell us if you want to get your guidance counselor’s signature
Obtaining the counselor’s signature can be of significant help. He or she can confirm your financial situation and maximize your chances of getting a fee waiver. Thanks to DoNotPay, you won’t have to worry about getting in touch with your counselor because we will do it on your behalf.
The Common App vs. DoNotPay—Which Option Is Better?
The fee waiver feature of both DoNotPay and the Common App is super convenient and helps students in financial need save time and money. One of the drawbacks of the Common App is that it covers 900 member schools.
DoNotPay is a much better option because it can help you waive fees when applying to any university in the U.S., including:
|The Common App||★★★★★||★★★★☆||★★★☆☆||★★★★☆|
Explore All DoNotPay’s Features and Make Your Life Easier
DoNotPay has an efficient solution for you regardless of the issue you’re dealing with. We can help you terminate all unwanted memberships in a few clicks, including Chegg, 123HelpMe, Office 365, and Grammarly.
DoNotPay can also assist you in taking care of your student loan bills and robocalls. Whichever problem you might come across, we can help you solve it in no time. Open your DoNotPay account in a web browser and rely on us whenever you need to:
- Waive college fees
- Manage any credit card issue
- Sign up for any service without phone verification
- Fight traffic tickets
- Correspond with offenders in prison
- Dispute speeding tickets
- Block spam texts
- Start free trials without losing money
- Schedule an appointment with the DMV fast
- Learn how to deal with stalking and harassment
- Handle unpaid bills stress-free
- Appeal parking tickets
- Request refunds
- Get airline refunds and request compensation for a flight that was delayed or canceled
- Block all spam emails
- File a claim against someone who has wronged you in small claims court
- Apply for any medical research close to you
- Report robocalls and get your revenge
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Call customer care specialists without wasting time
- Find and claim all forgotten assets under your name
- Get rid of unused subscriptions and memberships in under two minutes
- File a warranty claim